Symbiosis School of Economics announces Admission to M.Sc Economics 2019
Symbiosis School of Economics M.Sc. Economics Admission 2019 – Symbiosis School of Economics, Pune invites application for admission to M.Sc in Economics (2 years Full time) for the academic year 2019-21
M.Sc. Program Details
- A Master’s degree, with a strong background in Economic Theory, Mathematics, Statistics and Econometrics, incorporating contemporary economics, provides the basis for acquiring special focus within the related fields and subfields of Economics.
- The importance of quantitative skills is not unknown to Economists; courses in Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Sampling Theory, Survey Design, and Computer Science are extremely helpful to hone the expertise required from a candidate who has opted for this programme.
- The MSc in Economics that we offer is very quantitative in nature and approach.
Course Duration: 2 Years (Full Time)
Intake Capacity: 60 Students
See: MSc Admission 2019
Symbiosis School of Economics M.Sc. Economics Admission 2019 Important Date
- Last date of Online registration: 09th May 2019
- Last date of payment of Registration fees: 09th May 2019
- Announcement of Shortlist for Writing Ability Test and Personal Interaction: 14th May 2019
- PI-WAT at Pune: 27th May 2019
- PI-WAT at Kolkata: 29th May 2019
- PI-WAT at Noida: 31st May 2019
- Announcement of First Merit list: 11th June 2019
- Last date for payment of fees for candidates in the first merit list: 18th June 2019
- Programme Commencement: 01 July 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Symbiosis School of Economics M.Sc. Economics Admission 2019
- Any graduate with exposure to Economics/Mathematics/Statistics/Physics
- B.Tech and B.E. graduates may also apply. Graduates from any statutory university with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade (45% or equivalent grade for SC/ST) at graduation level.
- Students appearing for final year examinations can apply but their admission will be subject to obtaining a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade (45% or equivalent grade for SC/ST) at qualifying examination.
The following are the reservation rules that shall be followed while admitting Indian students
- Scheduled Caste : 15%
- Scheduled Tribe: 7.5%
- Differently Abled : 3%
- Kashmiri Migrants: 2 over and above the programme intake.
- Admissions of all International Students including foreign nationals, PIO & NRI are done through The International Office of Symbiosis International.
Policy of admission against vacant seats under reserved category
- In case some seats remain vacant due to the non-availability of suitable candidates in the category of reservations then the information about the vacant seats will be reported to Symbiosis International University.
See: Career paths in Economics, Job prospects and possibilities
- Students will be selected on the basis of Personal Interaction (PI) and Writing Ability Test (WAT) to be conducted at SSE, Pune, Kolkata and Noida.
- Personal Interaction – Interaction with a panel of faculty members / experts who try to comprehend the knowledge and understanding of the candidate with respect to Economics, Mathematics and Statistics.
- Writing Ability Test – Essay type written test on a general topic to comprehend the candidate’s writing skill.
Symbiosis School of Economics M.Sc. Economics Admission 2019 Application Process
- Candidate can register online at https://siu.ishinfo.com
- Candidates are required to apply at the official website www.sse.ac.in
- You can pay a non -refundable fee of Rs 750/- online through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking with the payment gateway link provided in the form , when you choose the mode of Payment as Online Payment in the “Make Payment” Tab before clicking “Submit”
- Choose the mode of Payment as DD in “Make Payment” Tab and click “Submit”
- Write your SSEPG ID and name at the backside of the DD. Take a print of the payment advice form, sign & send it along with the DD to Symbiosis School of Economics only at Symbiosis School of Economics (SSE), Senapati Bapat Road, Pune-411004
- Academic Fee (per annum) Rs. 2,12,000
- Institute Deposit (Refundable) Rs. 10,000
- Total Rs.2,22,000
- 1st Installment: 1,16,000
- 2nd Installment: 1,06,000
Symbiosis School of Economics (SSE)
Symbiosis School of Economics, 3rd Floor SCHC Building, Senapati Bapat Road, Pune–411004, Tel. +91 7722037632, 020-25672520, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, website www.sse.ac.in