Symbiosis School of Economics announces Admission to B.Sc Economics 2019
Symbiosis School of Economics B.Sc. Economics Admission 2019 – Symbiosis School of Economics, Pune has released an admission notification inviting applications from interested, eligible candidates to apply for its three-year Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Economics for the academic year 2019-22.
See: B.Sc Admissions
Symbiosis School of Economics B.Sc. Economics Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date of Online registration and payment for Institute: 13th May 2019
- SET Entrance Test: 04th May 2019
- SET Result: 14th May 2019
- Announcement of Shortlist for Personal Interaction & Written Ability Test (PI & WAT): 16th May 2019
- Last date to book PI-WAT slot on preferred date: 18th May 2019
- Call letters for PI-WAT being generated: 21st May 2019
- PI-WAT at Pune: 24th – 25th May 2019
- PI-WAT at Noida: 30th May, 31st May, 1st June 2019
- Announcement of First Merit list: 7th June 2019
- Last date for payment of fees for candidates in the first merit list: 13th June 2019
- Announcement of Second Merit list: 14th June 2019
- Last date for payment of fees for candidates in the second merit list: 20th June 2019
- Programme Commencement: 26th June 2019
B.Sc. (Economics) Honours Program Details
- B.Sc. (Economics) Honours is a full-time, three-year graduation programme. It aims at imparting a programme structure which would retain the ‘Traditional’ in the programme yet would plug the loopholes and limitations of only a traditional approach.
- Programme offers a wide array of ‘Out of box’ courses like Accounts, Environmental Economics, International Relations, Political Economy of India, Research Methodology etc, not emphasized in traditional economics graduation programs.
Course Duration: 3 Years (Full Time)
Intake Capacity: 130 Students
See: Admission Notification and Dates
Eligibility Criteria for Symbiosis School of Economics B.Sc. Economics Admission 2019
- Candidate must be XII pass from any branch with minimum 50% marks for the general category and 45% for students of SC and ST category.
- Qualifying the Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) and Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test (PI-WAT) of the School.
- The following are the reservation rules that shall be followed while admitting Indian students
- Scheduled Caste : 15%
- Scheduled Tribe: 7.5%
- Differently Abled : 3%
- Kashmiri Migrants: 2 over and above the programme intake.
- Admissions of all International Students including foreign nationals, PIO & NRI are done through The International Office of Symbiosis International.
- Policy of admission against vacant seats under reserved category
- In case some seats remain vacant due to the non-availability of suitable candidates in the category of reservations then the information about the vacant seats will be reported to Symbiosis International University.
- Based on the SET score, the institute will conduct a Personal Interaction (PI) and Writing Ability Test (WAT) for the shortlisted students. The short-listed candidates will get a call for the PI-WAT.
- Intake Procedure: Students will be selected on the basis of academic merit, Personal Interaction (PI) and Writing Ability Test (WAT)
- Personal Interaction: Interaction with a panel of faculty members / experts who try to comprehend the knowledge and understanding of the candidate with respect to Economics, Mathematics and Statistics
- Writing Ability Test: Essay type written test on a general topic to comprehend the candidate’s writing skill
Symbiosis School of Economics B.Sc. Economics Admission 2019 Application Process
- Candidates are required to apply at the official website www.sse.ac.in
- For details about SET, kindly visit www.set-test.org; the applicant will receive a prospectus from Symbiosis International University
- The applicant is required to make a separate non-refundable payment of Rs.1000/-
- If the applicant wants to pay programme payment through Demand Draft, make a DD of Rs.1000/- in the name of Symbiosis Test Secretariat.
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of Rs.1000/- by Demand Draft (DD) in favour of Symbiosis School of Economics, payable at Pune
- Choose the mode of Payment as DD in “Make Payment” Tab and click “Submit”
- Write your SSEPG ID and name at the backside of the DD. Take a print of the payment advice form, sign & send it along with the DD to Symbiosis School of Economics only at Symbiosis School of Economics (SSE), Senapati Bapat Road, Pune-411004
- Alternatively, you can also pay online through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net-banking with the payment gateway link provided in the form, when you choose the mode of Payment as Online Payment in the “Make Payment” Tab before clicking “Submit”
- For more details regarding Registration and Payment follow the link: https://www.set-test.org/register.html
See: MSc Admission 2019
- Academic Fee (per annum) Rs. 1,92,000
- Institute Deposit (Refundable) Rs. 10,000
- Total Rs.2,02,000
- 1st Instalment: Rs.1,06,000/-
- 2nd Instalment: Rs.96,000/-
Symbiosis School of Economics (SSE), Pune
Symbiosis School of Economics, 3rd Floor SCHC Building, Senapati Bapat Road, Pune–411004, Tel.91 8669667596, 020 –25672520, Email: email@example.com, website www.sse.ac.in