Symbiosis Institute of Design (SID) Pune announces Admission to Bachelor of Design (B.Des) Program 2024, Apply now
SID Pune B.Des Admission 2024 – Applications are invited by Symbiosis Institute of Design (SID), Pune for admission to 4-years full-time Bachelor of Design (B.Des) Program offered in Communication Design, Industrial Design, Fashion Communication and Fashion Design for the academic session 2023. Admission to Design courses is based on the Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design (SEED) Test 2024.
SID Pune B.Des Admission 2024
- Communication Design
- Graphic Design
- Video Film Design
- Animation Film Design
- User Experience Design
- Industrial Design
- Product Design
- Interior Space Design
- Fashion Design
- Fashion Communication
- Online Registration at www.sid.edu.in begins : August 26th 2023, Saturday
- Last date for online registration and payment for SEED and SID : November 30th, 2023, Thursday
- SEED Admit Card From: To be Declared
- Mock Test (Online) : To be Declared
- Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design (SEED) (Online) : To be Declared
- Declaration of SEED result : To be Declared
- Declaration of SEED Short list for PRPI : To be Declared
- Slot Booking for Personal Interaction : To be Declared
- PRPI Admit Card : To be Declared
- Portfolio Review and Personal Interaction (PRPI)-Phase 1 (Online) : To be Declared
- Portfolio and PRPI Task Upload for Phase 1 : To be Declared
- Portfolio Review and Personal Interaction (PRPI)- Phase 2 (Online) : To be Declared
- Portfolio and PRPI Task Upload for Phase 2 : To be Declared
- Declaration of First Merit List : To be Declared
- Period for fees payment and online registration for the programme for the First Merit List Candidates : To be Declared
- Commencement of the Programme: July 2024 (Tentative)
- A candidate must have passed 10+2 (any stream; eg. Science, Commerce, Arts, etc.) or equivalent OR 10+3 diploma approved by State Board of Technical Education with minimum 50% (SC/ST – 45%) aggregate marks obtained in the final examination to be eligible for the above-mentioned programme.
- A candidate appearing for the final examination of 10+2 grade or 10+3 Diploma programme may also apply provided the results of the examination should have been declared by June of the admission year or prior to be eligible for the above mentioned programme.
- The candidate should possess Creative Aptitude & Skills necessary to pursue Design Education as well as adaptability to the situations, which the profession demands.
- Candidates with the relevant portfolio would be preferred.
- Visit https://www.sid.edu.in/ for online registration
- Please read all instructions before applying.
- Admission to B.Des programme of SID will be according to the following process.
- Level 1 – Online Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design (SEED). The result of SEED will be put up on the SID website as per the schedule. If a candidate qualifies SEED, he/she would be eligible to appear for SID’s Portfolio Review and Personal Interaction (PRPI). Shortlisting for admission will be based only by specialization selected during online registration.
- Level 2 – Upload the Portfolio on the portal a day prior to the PRPI. For portfolio specifications Click Here
- Level 3 – Perform the PRPI Task. This will be shared 3 days prior to the chosen date of online PRPI. Upload the PRPI Task on the portal a day prior to the PRPI.
- Level 4 – Appear for the online Portfolio Review and Personal Interaction (PRPI)
- Final selection would be based on the cumulative performance of the candidate in Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design (SEED), Portfolio Review, PRPI Task and Personal Interaction as well as on the basis of the information provided by the candidate in the application form and the chosen specialization.
- Mode of SEED Exam: Online Proctored (PC/Laptop based exam)
- Exam timings: One hour between 11:00 am to 4:00 pm on the test day.
- SEED Exam test structure: The SEED will be a 60 minutes exam having 60 questions. The questions could be MCQ, Match the Columns, Fill in the blanks, image-based and comprehension based. The paper will contain a mix of questions related to Visual Sensitivity and Judgement, Observational, Perceptual and Reasoning abilities, Problem Solving, Basic knowledge of Logic of Science and Mathematics, Art, Craft and Culture, Design and Environment.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website