NMIMS School of Performing Arts announces Admission to BA in Western Contemporary Music & Indian Music for 2022 session, Apply now
SVKM’s NMIMS BA Music Admission – SVKM’s NMIMS School of Performing Arts Mumbai invites applications for admissions to Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Western Contemporary Music & Indian Music for the academic session 2022-25.
Check out the details of SVKM’s NMIMS BA Music Admission 2022 such as eligibility criteria, application process, selection and more from the page below.
- Program : Bachelor of Arts – Music (Indian Music)
- Intake : 20
- Duration : 3 years
- Major Practical will be in : Vocal / Sitar
- Program : Bachelor of Arts – Music (Western Contemporary Music)
- Intake : 30
- Duration : 3 years
- Major Practical will be in (Vocal, Guitar, Piano, Drums)
SVKM’s NMIMS BA Music Admission Dates 2022
- Online Registrations start at www.nmims.edu : Tuesday, 01st February’ 2022
- Last date of Online Registration (Phase I) : Sunday, 27th February’2022
- Call Letter/Admit Cards available on website www.nmims.edu (after 05:00 pm) : Wednesday, 02nd March’ 2022
- Audition at Mumbai : Monday, 07th March’ 2022
- Merit list of candidates selected for admissions on website www.nmims.edu after 05:00 pm. (Merit List I): Friday, 11th March’2022
- Document Upload & Payment of admission fees (Merit List I) : 12th March – 19th March’ 2022
- Audition at Mumbai : Saturday, 05th March’ 2022
- Merit list of candidates selected for admissions on website www.nmims.edu after 05:00 pm. (Merit List I) : Wednesday, 09th March’2022
- Document Upload & Payment of admission fees (Merit List I) :10th March – 17th March’ 2022
SVKM’s NMIMS BA Music Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022
- A candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from any stream and must have obtained a minimum 50% aggregate for being eligible to Bachelor of Arts -Music (Indian Music) program.
- For the Bachelor of Arts – Music program, the candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from IB Board (should be either IB certificate or DP awarded) with 24 credits having passed 3 HL & 3 SL mandatorily from any stream.
- Candidates of CBSE, ICSE, should mention in the online registration / e-admission form (if selected) for 10+2 or equivalent examination, the aggregate marks of all the subjects the candidate has taken/opted and appeared for (not best of four, five, six or seven).
- The candidate shall have passed all the subjects he / she has taken / opted and appeared in the applicable examination/s in a single / first attempt. The aggregate percentage of all subjects the candidate has taken / opted and appeared will be taken into consideration for confirming eligibility of the candidate for the program at the time of admission.
- In case the mark sheet issued by the applicable Board / Institution is in percentile/s, the actual aggregate percentage of all the subjects taken / opted and appeared by the candidate will be taken into consideration.
- Candidates above 35 years of age are not eligible to apply.
SVKM’s NMIMS BA Music Admission Application Process 2022
- Eligible candidates can apply online through official website https://performingarts.nmims.edu/programs/
- Online Registration Fee is ₹ 2,000/-
- Registration Fee is non-refundable.
- All candidates must login to www.nmims.edu and fill out the application form
- All eligible candidates who wish to apply for admission to the Bachelor of Arts – Music (Western Contemporary Music & Indian Music) Programme will be required to upload a video of their performance on YouTube (Unlisted video) and send the link in the application form.
- The candidates will be then shortlisted and called for the audition on the mentioned date.
- Merit list will be only based on audition process
BA- Music (WCM)
- Performance (The candidate can choose any song of his/her choice of the level that describes his/her best performing ability. He/She will be assessed on accuracy, technique and stylistic elements) : 50 Marks
- Simple Improvisation (The candidate will be given simple improvisation over pop song / ballad progression / chord chart and asked to work it out for performance. The backing track (Scatting for vocalist)) : 25 Marks
- Aural (Identifying changes in rhythm or pitch. Imitating rhythm and /or melody) : 25 Marks
- Personal Interview (Question will be asked to assess the candidate’s aptitude. This will be a non-technic al round) : 50 Marks
BA- Music (IM)
- Performance (General musicology and technical knowledge of specialized practical subject (Vocal / Sitar)) : 50 Marks
- Aural (General musicology and technical knowledge of specialized practical subject (Vocal / Sitar)) : 25 Marks
- Personal Interview (Question will be asked to assess the candidate’s aptitude. This will be a nontechnical round) : 25 Marks
For more details and apply, please visit the official website