State Central Library, Thiruvananthapuram announces Admission Certificate Course in Library and Information Science 2019
State Central Library Certificate Course Admission 2019 – Applications are invited for the Certificate Course in Library & information Science being offered by the Govt. of Kerala in State Central Library Thiruvananthapuram under the Department of Higher Education, Government of Kerala.
The Exam for the Certificate in Library and Information Science is conducted by the Commissioner for Govt. Exams Kerala annually as per the Notification in due course.
Also See : Admission Notifications
State Central Library Certificate Course Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Prospectus & Application Form may be obtained on all working days: 17th June 2019
- Last Date for receipt of Completed Applications: 30ty July 2019, 05.00 PM
- Date of Interview will be intimated later after the publication of rank/shortlist
- Scheduled to commence during the Second week of August 2019
- The C.L.I.Sc Course will be of 6-months duration
- In accordance with G.O. (Rt)No.1815/05/H. Edu. D.td. 25-10-2005 the six months course includes four months of learning & 2-months for acquiring practical skills under the scheme “Earn While you learn” and the candidates are entitled to get are numeration of Rs.900/- per month for the above training period
- The Departmental candidates are not eligible for any remuneration.
No. of Seats
- Total number of seats available is 41
- General Merit 18 Seats; Kerala Ministerial Subordinate Service 02 Seats; Library Employees 01 Seat; Lakshadweep Candidates 02 Seats; Kannada Knowing Candidates 03 Seats; Tamil Knowing Candidates 02 Seats; SC Candidates 03 Seats; ST Candidates 01 Seat; Ezhava 02 Seats; Muslim 02 Seats; Latin Catha lice 01 Seat; SIUC and converted Christian SC/ST 01 Seat; Backward Hindus 02 Seats; and Handicapped Candidates 01 Seat
Eligibility Criteria for State Central Library Certificate Course Admission 2019
- A pass in the Secondary School Leaving Certificate Examination / or its Equivalent is the minimum required qualification for admission (Eligibility for higher studies in the case of grading)
- A rank list will be prepared based on the marks obtained by the applicant in the qualifying examination by the committee constituted as per G.O.(MS).221/86/H.Edn. dated 29/08/86. No weightage will be given for higher/additional qualifications
- Hostel No hostel facilities are available.
- The total fee for the course is Rs.650/-; this amount is inclusive of Registration Fees, Tuition fees, Caution Deposit and Exam Fees.
- SC/ST students are exempted from paying course fee. They only need to pay an amount of Rs.200/- towards Caution Deposit.
State Central Library Certificate Course Admission 2019 Application Process
- The Prospectus and Application form may be obtained on all working days between 10.00 am and 5.00 pm at free of cost from the State Central Library, Thiruvananthapuram from 2019 June 17th to 2019 July 30, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Application Form can also be downloaded from the website of State Central Library Thiruvananthapuram
- The website of the State Central Library is www.statelibrary.kerala.gov.in
- The prospectus & Application form may be obtained by post from the Office of the State Librarian, State Central Library, Palayam, Thiruvananthapuram-33.
- For this purpose, a self-addressed stamped envelope should be enclosed with the request.
State Central Library, Kerala
Government of Kerala, State Librarian, State Central Library, Palayam, Thiruvananthapuram- Pin- 695033, Tel: 0471- 2322895 (40), Mob: 9447781895, website www.statelibrary.kerala.gov.in