St. Xavier’s College of Education Patna notifies Admission to PhD in Education for Session 2023, Apply Online
ST Xavier’s College of Education PhD (Education) Admission 2023 – St. Xavier’s College of Education (Autonomous), Patna invited applications for admission to PhD program in Education for academic session 2023-24 through Admission Test (PAT). Candidates who qualify UGC/NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/ SLET/GATE/ teacher fellowship holders are exempted from PAT. Interested candidates can check details on ST Xavier’s College of Education PhD (Education) Admission 2023 from the page below.
- Date of Advertisement : 25th September, 2023
- Date of Application Form : 25th September to 21st October, 2023
- Last Date for submission of Form : 21st October, 2023 9:00 A.M.-1:00 P.M.
- Entrance Test (Written) : 11th November, 2023 10: 00 A.M.-12:00 Noon
- List of shortlisted Candidates Selected for Interview: 18th November, 2023 9:00 A.M.
- Interviews : 24th & 25th November, 2023 9:30 A.M.
- List of Candidates Selected for Course Work: 09th December, 2023 9:00 A.M.
- Admission to Course Work : 18th December, 2023 9:00 A.M. -12:00 Noon
- Admission to Course Work waiting list candidate (if any): 19th December, 2023 9:00 A.M.
- Orientation : 06th January, 2024
- Commencement of Course Work : 08th January, 2024
No. of Seats
- Tentative number of vacant seats – 10
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. program shall have a Master’s degree in Education i.e. M.Ed. or M.A. (Education) with at least 55% marks or 5.5 CGPA wherever the grading system is followed.
- A relaxation of 5% from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation in grade will be allowed for those belonging to the SC/ST/EBC/BC/Differently-abled categories of students.
- The application form can be downloaded from the college website www.sxcepatna.edu.in
- The duly filled application PhD (Education) Admission Test (PAT)-2023, can be submitted to the college office along with the fee
- General/BC/EBC – Rs. 2500/-
- SC/ST/Disabled/Women – Rs. 2000/-
- The form will not be accepted by post.
- The procedure for admission to Ph.D. programme would be governed by the UGC Regulations 2016 and the subsequent amendments
- There would be two streams of applicants, namely (i) Those coming through a Ph.D. Admission Test to be conducted by the College and termed as PhD admission test (PAT) and (ii) those exempted from PAT
- All such candidates would be pooled together and have to appear before an interview board. The final selection of both the categories of candidates in the PhD programme would be based on the performance of candidates in the interview as well as on the basis of marks obtained in PAT and NET exam.
STREAM 1: Procedure for Entry through PAT
- This category of applicants have to appear in the PAT organized by SXCE.
- The applicants who have qualified in PAT would be required to appear before an interview board.
- The interview board shall consist of the members of the Departmental Council appointed by the College.
- The selection of the candidates will be carried out on the basis of marks obtained in PAT and interview combined together.
- The PAT is a written test of 100 marks. It will consist of multiple choice questions (MCQ) on qualitative, teaching, research aptitude and on the syllabus of the Post Graduate courses of the College / M.Ed. courses / M.A. Education
Minimum Qualifying Marks
- For General candidates -55% aggregate marks
- For Reserved category candidates- 50% aggregate marks
- The result of PAT will be valid only for three years after declaration of the result.
STREAM II: Procedure for Entry with exemption from PAT
- This stream of applicants will come through having exemption from the PAT as per provisions made under clause 5 below and would directly appear in the interview
- The final selection of candidates in the Ph.D. program would be based on the performance of all the candidates (coming through PAT or PAT exempted category of candidates).
- The final Selection list would be uploaded in the College website as well as displayed on the College Notice Board.
- PAT-2023 result will be published in the college website and the notice board as well. The result will be published in terms of overall merit-rank and category rank obtained by the candidate.
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website