St. Xavier’s College Kolkata announces M.A. in Political Science Admission 2019
St. Xaviers College M.A. in Political Science Admission 2019 – St. Xavier’s College (Autonomous), Kolkata invites applications for admission to Master of Arts (M. A. in Political Science) Programs for the academic year 2019-2020
Check out for Admission Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fees, Entrance Exam of St. Xavier’s College M. A. in Political Science Admission 2019 form the page below.
- Master of Arts (Political Science)
See: MA Admissions
Important Dates for St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata M. A. in Political Science Admission 2019
- Date of Issue of Forms (Online through the college website only): 10th April to 17th May 2019
- Date & Time for Admission Test: 25th May 2019, 10 A.M. – 12 P.M.
- Venue for Admission Test: ST. Xavier’s College (Autonomous), 30 Mother Teresa Sarani (Park Street), Kolkata
Eligibility Criteria for St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata M. A. in Political Science Admission 2019
- Candidates who have cleared the B.A. Examination with Political Science Honours with a minimum of 55% marks in Honours (45% for reserved category). Candidates who have completed 2nd year or 5th Semester in 2018 and are awaiting final year /6th semester Exam Results are also eligible to apply.
- Admission for such candidates will be provisional and be conditional to their passing the qualifying examination with the minimum required marks [55% for General and 45% for Reserved category]
- No candidate shall be eligible for admission after a lapse of more than five years from the year of passing the previous qualifying exam.
- The year of admission will not be taken into account while calculating five years from the year of passing the previous qualifying examination
See: Latest Entrance Exams
Admission Test Format
Syllabus (Following the UG syllabus of a UGC approved University)
- Political Concepts and Ideas
- Indian Government and Politics
- International Relations and Current Affairs
- Contemporary social and political issues
- Comparative Politics
Question Paper Format:
- Question paper to be divided into two groups:
Group A (Objective)
- 20 Multiple choice questions of 2 marks each; 20×2=40
- 15 Objective type questions of 2 marks each (to be answered in two –three sentences)
Group B (Subjective)
- 2 essay type questions of 15 marks each to be attempted out of 5 questions; 15×2=30
See: Admission Notification and Dates
St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata M. A. in Political Science Admission 2019 Application Process
- The application process will be online through the college website www.sxccal.edu and no printed / manual forms will be available.
- All dates are tentative and subject to change; please keep track of the website for any such change