Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit announces Admission to PhD Program 2020
SSUS Kalady PhD Admission 2020 – Applications in the prescribed format are invited through Online Registration from eligible candidates for admission to the Ph.D Program for the academic year 2020.
All candidates seeking admission to the Ph.D. programmes are required to register online. The programmes are offered under regular mode in strict compliance of the University PhD Regulations 2017 and amendments thereto from time to time.
See: PHD Admission
SSUS Kalady PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Date of publishing the University Notification in website of the University: 01st October 2019
- The Last Date of Receipt of Applications through online is: 04th November 2019
- Last date of receipt of print copy of the application along with Fee receipt and copies of other documents: 08th November 2019
- Date of downloading of hall tickets by the applicants: 11th November 2019
- Date of Entrance Examination for PhD: 15th November 2019
- Date of publication of list of eligible candidate for PhD: 22nd November 2019
- Date of Research Committee meetings for admission to the Ph.D Programme in between: 02nd December to 15th December 2019
- Date of Commencement of classes for Ph.D: 30th December 2019
Name of the Dept./No. of Seats:
- The programmes are offered under regular mode in strict compliance of the University PhD Regulations 2017 and amendments thereto from time to time.
- Sanskrit Sahitya (10), Sanskrit Vedanta (10), Sanskrit Vyakarana (9), Sanskrit Nyaya (3), Sanskrit Vedic Studies (1), Comparative Literature (3), Hindi (10), English (6), Psychology (2), Geography (2), Malayalam (10), Philosophy (10), History (5), Physical Education (2), Sociology (2), Social Work (1), Music (2), Urdu (2)
Eligibility Criteria for SSUS Kalady PhD Admission 2020
- Candidates who possess P.G. Degrees of this University in the subjects concerned or related subjects with B+ Grade (55% and above), or an equivalent P.G. Degrees of other universities recognized by this University are eligible to apply for admission to the Ph.D programme.
- Applicants belonging to the SC and ST communities who have secured B Grade (50% and above) in their P.G. examinations are eligible to apply for admission to the Ph.D Programme.
- Admission to the PhD programmes shall be through an Entrance Examination conducted by the departments and the interview conducted by the Research Committees of the respective Departments.
- UGC –JRF and RGNF Awardees as well as and regular teachers of Universities/Colleges with a minimum service of five years and who have published at least two research articles in approved journals are exempted from the Entrance Examination.
- Availability of approved guides, their willingness to guide on a specific research proposal and vacancy of seats shall be taken into account for granting admission. The entrance examination will be conducted at HeadQuarters, Kalady. (Entrance examination for Urdu will be held at RC, Koyilandy).
- The Entrance Examination shall carry 100 marks. The candidates who secure 50% marks or above in the entrance examination alone will be qualified.
- The candidates belonging to the SC/ST/OBC (Non Creamy Layer) communities and PH candidates require only a minimum of 45% in the entrance examination for being qualified. Being placed in the qualified list alone shall not entitle a candidate for admission to the PhD programme.
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification
- Depending on the availability of seats, the required number of candidates from the ranked list may be invited for an interview by the Research Committee to evaluate their research proposals.
- The Research Committee may select the candidates subject to the feasibility of the research proposals submitted by the candidates and their performance at the interview.
- Candidates admitted to the programme shall remit the following fee at the time of admission.
- Admission Fee – Rs. 50/-
- Caution Deposit – Rs.1000/-
- Department Development Fund – Rs. 250/-
- Matriculation Fee – Rs. 50/-
- Recognition Fee – Rs. 100/-
- Library Fee per annum – Rs. 500/-
- Annual Fee – Rs. 500/-
- Ph.D Registration Fee – Rs. 500/- (at the time of Ph.D Registration)
Course Work fee
- Valuation Fee: i) For Regular/Full time students – Rs.250/- per paper; ii) For employed candidates – Rs.500/- per paper
- Examination Registration Fee – Rs.1500/- first appearance
- Subsequent appearance – Rs.500/- per paper
- Examination application fee – Rs.200/-
- Course Certificate application fee – Rs.250/-
SSUS Kalady PhD Admissions 2020 Application Process
- Applicants are directed to submit their applications for admission to the Ph.D. Programmes 2020 through online in the University’s Websites: www.ssus.ac.in & www.ssusonline.org on or before 04th November 2019.
- A printed copy of the filled in applications with the following documents shall be submitted to the Heads of Departments concerned, on or before 08 November 2019. The cover containing the printed copy should be superscribed specifying the name of the programme and the Department.
- The application should be accompanied with the following-
- Self attested copies of mark lists of the qualifying examination.
- Self attested true copies of the Provisional/ Original Degree Certificate.
- No Objection Certificate from the employer, in the case of employed applicants
- University Chalan receipt available at any branch of Union Bank of India or Demand Draft for Rs.150/- towards Entrance Examination fee/Ph.D application fee. Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of Finance Officer, Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kalady.
For more information, please visit website www.ssus.ac.in & www.ssusonline.org
Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kalady, Ernakulam, Departmental System, SSUS, Kalady, Kerala-683574, Website www.ssus.ac.in