Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit Announces Admission to M.Phil Program 2019-2020
SSUS Kalady MPhil Admissions 2019 – Applications in the prescribed format are invited through Online Registration from eligible candidates for admission to the M.Phil Program 2019- 2020
All candidates seeking admission to the M.Phil programmes are required to register online. The programmes are offered under regular mode in strict compliance of the University MPhil Regulations 2017 and amendments thereto from time to time.
See: M.Phil Admission 2019
- Date of publishing the University Notification in website of the University: 01st October 2019
- The Last Date of Receipt of Applications through online is: 04th November 2019
- Last date of receipt of print copy of the application along with Fee receipt and copies of other documents: 08th November 2019
- Date of downloading of hall tickets by the applicants: 11th November 2019
- Date of Entrance Examination for M.Phil: 14th November 2019
- Date of Publication of Rank Lists by the Heads of the Departments: 20th November 2019
- Date of admission to the M.Phil: 27th November 2019
- Date of Commencement of classes for M.Phil: 02nd December 2019
Name of the Dept./No. of Seats:
M.Phil programme will be offered at Departments of the University at the University Head Quarters, Kalady (except for Urdu which will be conducted at Regional Centre, Koyilandy). List of M.Phil programmes offered by various departments are as follows:
- Sanskrit Sahitya (10), Sanskrit Vedanta (10), Sanskrit Vyakarana (10), Sanskrit Nyaya (10), Sanskrit General (5), Sanskrit Vedic Studies (5), Translation Studies (5), Hindi (10), English (10), Psychology (3), Geography (5), Malayalam (10), Music (5), Sociology (5), Philosophy (10), Manuscriptology (5), History (10), Comparative Literature (5), Urdu (5)
Duration of the Program and Courses
- The normal duration of an M.Phil Programme shall be one year comprising of two semesters. However, on valid grounds students may be granted permission to complete the M.Phil programme within a maximum period of 2 years from the date of admission.
- Candidates who possess Masters’ Degree in the subject concerned or in related subjects approved by the Departments concerned with not less than 55% marks/ B+ Grade of this University or any equivalent degree of any other Indian or Foreign Universities recognized by this University shall be eligible to apply for admission to the M Phil Programmes.
- Applicants belonging to the SC/ST Communities require a minimum of 50% marks/ B grade in their Masters Degree Exam. Those candidates who are awaiting the results of their PG examinations can also apply, and if selected, may take admissions provisionally.
- However, such candidates shall produce their PG mark lists and provisional certificates before the expiry of three months from the date of their provisional admission, failing which the provisional admissions granted to them are liable to be cancelled.
- Related subjects can be any discipline having some converging areas with the domain subject offered by the departments concerned, which shall be ensured by the Research Committees of the Departments.
- Admission to the M.Phil Programmes shall be on the basis of an Entrance Examination conducted by the university at Head Quarters, Kalady. (Entrance examination for Urdu will be held at RC, Koyilandy).
- The Rank List in each subject shall be prepared based on the marks secured by the applicants in the written test, and the interview conducted by the Research Committees of the Departments concerned.
- Admissions shall be made from the rank list.
- The Entrance Test shall carry 100 marks, out of which 80 marks are for the written test and the remaining 20 marks for the interview/group discussion. Only those applicants who secure 50% marks and above in the Written Test will be considered for admission.
- Applicants belonging to the SC/ST/OBC(Non Creamy Layer) communities and PH candidates require only a minimum of 45% marks in the Common Entrance Test. The reservation policy adopted by the State
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification
- Limited number of fellowships will be offered to eligible candidates in each department subject to the decision of the University.
- The selected candidates shall remit the following fee:
- Admission Fee – Rs.50/-
- Special Fee – Rs.3000/-
- Tuition fee – Rs.1000/-
- Caution Deposit – Rs.1000/-
- Department Development Fund – Rs. 250/-
- Matriculation Fee – Rs. 50/-
- Recognition – Rs. 100/-
- Library Fee (per Annum) – Rs. 500/-
- Dissertation Fee – Rs. 500/-
- M.Phil 1st Semester Examination Fee – Rs. 400/-
How to Apply?
- Applicants are directed to submit their applications for admission to the M.Phil. Programmes 2019-2020 through online in the University’s Websites: www.ssus.ac.in & www.ssusonline.org on or before 04th November 2019.
- A printed copy of the filled in applications with the following documents shall be submitted to the Heads of Departments concerned, on or before 08 November 2019.
- The application should be accompanied with the following documents.
- a. Self attested copies of mark lists of the qualifying examination.
- b. Self attested true copies of the Provisional/ Original Degree Certificate.
- c. No Objection Certificate from the employer, in the case of employed applicants.
- University Chalan receipt available at any branch of Union Bank of India or Demand Draft for Rs.150/- towards Entrance Examination fee/Ph.D application fee. Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of Finance Officer, Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kalady.
For more information, please visit website www.ssus.ac.in & www.ssusonline.org
- Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kalady, Ernakulam, Departmental System, SSUS, Kalady, Kerala-683574, Website www.ssus.ac.in