Sri PV Narsimha Rao Telangana State University announces Master in Veterinary Science (M.V.Sc) Admission 2019-2020.
TSVU M.V.Sc Admission 2019-20 – Sri PV Narsimha Rao Telangana State University for Veterinary, Animal and Fishery Sciences (SPVNRTSUVAFS) Hyderabad invites applications for admission into M.V.Sc Course for the academic year 2019-20.
TSVU M.V.Sc Admission 2019-20 Important Dates
- Last date for Receipt of Applications: 5th November 2019
- Date of Entrance Test: 13th November 2019
- Tentative Date of Counselling: 19th November 2019
- Tentative date of Registration of I semester 2019-20 : 25th November 2019
No. of Seats Available
- 40 seats are available for admission in to M. V. Sc. The details of seats available for fresh candidates in various major fields of study.
Eligibility Criteria for TSVU M.V.Sc Admission 2019-20
- B.V.Sc/B.V.Sc and A.H
- Candidates seeking admission into any of the master’s degree courses must have passed the relevant Bachelor’s Degree exam specified against each course from Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University/ Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University or any institution accredited by ICAR/VCI
- In the qualifying examination, the candidates from SC/ST/PH categories must have secured a minimum OGPA of 5.00/10.00 OR 2.00/ 4.00 where as the candidates from all other categories must have secured a minimum OGPA of 6.00/10.00 OR 2.50/ 4.00. Residents of Telangana State are eligible for 85 % of the available seats. The candidates from other states may compete for seats under 15% Un Reserved Quota as per eligibility. Candidates with PG qualification are eligible for admission into second PG programme but such candidates are not eligible for stipend.
- Candidates who are already prosecuting M. V. Sc are eligible to apply for PG admission in another discipline. But stipend paid with interest will be recovered and his/her earlier admission shall stand cancelled irrespective of stage of standing. However such candidates are eligible for stipend in fresh course.
- The upper age limit is 40 years as on 1st July 2019 including for the candidates holding ICAR Junior Research Fellowship.
- 15 % of the total seats are allotted to candidates based on overall merit hailing from Telangana State and outside Telangana under UR category. However, the stipend will not be paid to the candidates who are natives of state other than Telangana state.
See: Admission Notification and Dates
- The selection of the candidates for admission to M. V. Sc. shall be based on 60% weightage for MVSc entrance examination, 35% weightage for BVSc& AH degree OGPA and maximum of 5 % weightage for Co- Curricular activities at UG level. Allotment of marks for Co- Curricular activitiesNCC- Participation in Republic day Camp-3 marks, NCC- C certificate-2 marks; NSS, literary and Sports & Games National level Prizes/ medals-3 marks NSS, literary and Sports& Games Inter University prizes/ medals-2 marks.
- The entrance test shall be a comprehensive one, covering all relevant subjects prescribed for the concerned Bachelor degree requirements of this University as per VCI MSVE-2008 Regulations. The Entrance Examination paper contains only 200 multiple choice questions. The candidates have to mark answers by choosing the correct answer in the question booklet itself. The candidates getting 40% or more marks in entrance test only are eligible for admission. However, in case of SC/ST/PH candidates, there are no minimum qualifying marks and candidates are admitted to the extent of seats reserved for them. SC/ST/PH candidates claiming seats under general category have to obtain at least 40% marks in the entrance test
TSVU M.V.Sc Admission 2019-20 Application Process
- The applications shall be downloaded from the University website, http:tsvu.nic.in. Duly filled in application along with attested copies of required certificates and proof of online transfer of application fee of Rs. 700/- in case of SC/ ST/ PH and Rs. 1400/- for all other candidates should reach the Registrar, PVNRTVU, Administrative Office, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad – 500 030 on or before 5th November 2019 by 4.00 p.m. either in person or by Post. Applications received after the due date will summarily be rejected.
- Candidates who are in employment should send their applications through proper channel. The University is not responsible for any postal delay.
For any query, candidates are requested to check the official website.
Sri P.V. Narsimha Rao Telangana State University for Veterinary, Animal and Fishery Sciences (SPVNRTSUVAFS), Administrative Office, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad-500030, Phone No.: 040-24002114, Email: tsvu.nic.in, Website www.tsvu.nic.in