South Asian University announces Admission to Masters and PhD Program Admission 2021
SAU Masters and PhD Admission 2021 – South Asian University (SAU) New Delhi invites applications for admission to Masters and PhD program in Economics, Computer Science, Biotechnology, Applied Mathematics, Sociology, International Relations and Legal Studies for the academic year 2021-22
Applications can be submitted online, on or before August 09, 2021. Read on for more details on SAU Master and PhD Admission 2021 from the page below.
Program Offered at SAU
Master’s Level Programs
- M.Sc (Applied Mathematics) : 30 seats
- M.Sc (Biotechnology) : 30 seats
- M.Sc (Computer Science) : 30 seats
- M.A. (Economics) : 30 seats
- M.A. (International Relations) : 30 seats
- M.A. (Sociology) : 30 seats
- LL.M (Master of Laws) : 30 seats
- PhD (Economics) : 06 seats
- PhD (Computer Science) : 06 seats
- PhD (Biotechnology) : 06 seats
- PhD (Sociology) : 06 seats
- PhD (International Relations) : 06 seats
- PhD (Legal Studies) : 06 seats
- PhD (Applied Mathematics) : 06 seats
SAU Masters and PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Last Date for Submitting Filled Application Forms : 09th August 2021
- Date of Entrance Test : 25th & 26th August 2021
- Classes begins : To be Announced
Eligibility Criteria for SAU Masters and PhD Admission 2021
For Master’s Level Programs
- For admission to the Master’s level programs, a minimum of 15 years of education under the 10+2+3 pattern (i.e., 12 years of schooling + a 3 year Bachelor’s degree) is essential.
- Applicants who have earned a 4 year degree after 10+2 (12 years of schooling) are also eligible, though the Master’s level program will still be of two years duration for them.
- Applicants who have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in less than 15 years (e.g., under the 10+2+2 pattern) are not eligible for admission
- Candidates who have completed 12 years of schooling + 3 year Bachelor’s degree + 3 years LLB degree or 12 years’ schooling and 4 years’ LLB degree with prescribed percentage of 50% marks are also eligible
- M.A in Sociology Program: Candidate should have 12 years of schooling + a 3 year Bachelor’s degree from an institution recognized by the government of any of the SAARC countries
- LLM Program a minimum of 17 years of education (12 years of schooling + 5 years Integrated BA/LLB degree with prescribed percentage of 50% marks) is the minimum prescribed eligibility
- For M.Sc (Applied Mathematics), M.Sc (Biotechnology) and M.Sc (Computer Science) Programs of study, the minimum eligibility percentage in Bachelors degree is 55%
For PhD Level Program
- For admission to PhD Level Programs in SAU, a minimum 17 years of education (12 years of schooling + 3 year Bachelor’s degree + 2 year Master’s degree with prescribed percentage of marks as indicated below) is the minimum prescribed eligibility
- For PhD (Legal Studies), those who have done LLB followed by a one-year LLM degree with the prescribed 50% marks are also eligible
- For admission to PhD Programs in Economics, Sociology, International Relations, and Legal Studies, the minimum prescribed eligibility percentage in Master’s degree is 50%; and for M.Phil/PhD Programs in Applied Mathematics, Biotechnology & Computer Sci., the minimum prescribed eligibility percentage in Master’s degree is 55%
- Applicants who have not completed their Master’s level course and are yet to appear for their last year/semester exam may also take the Entrance Test. However, their admission will be subject to their fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria of aggregate percentage of marks at the Master’s level besides clearing the Entrance Test
SAU Masters and PhD Admission 2021 Application Procedure
- Applications for admission will be accepted only through online mode and payment must be made by credit/debit cards or net banking.
- Those who cannot pay the application fee online still need to fill and submit the online application form.
- They can then courier a bank draft for US$ 10 or INR 700/- drawn in favour of “South Asian University” payable at New Delhi to the Deputy Registrar Admissions, South Asian University, Akbar Bhawan, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110021, India
- All candidates from outside the SAARC region should send their application on the prescribed application form directly to Deputy Registrar Admissions, South Asian University, Akbar Bhawan, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110021, India, with all supporting documents including educational records, identity proof and a colour photograph.
- The admission procedure consists of an Entrance Test followed by an interview.
- Students are required to score at least 50% marks in both, the Entrance Test and the interview separately, to be eligible for admission.
- An Entrance Test will be conducted simultaneously throughout the SAARC region on 25 and 26 August 2021.
- The Entrance Tests will be held in three shifts (Morning, Afternoon and Evening) on the same day at all the centres.
Wednesday, 25 August 2021
- Morning Session : MSc Biotechnology & PhD Biotechnology
- Afternoon Session : MA International Relations & PhD International Relations
- Evening Session : MSc Computer Science & PhD Computer Science
Thursday, 26 August 2021
- Morning Session : MA Economics
- Afternoon Session : MSc Applied Mathematics, MA Sociology, PhD Mathematics & PhD Sociology
- Evening Session : Master of Laws (LLM), PhD Legal Studies & PhD Economics
Test Centres in India
- Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Dehradun, Delhi/NCR, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai , Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Shimla, Srinagar, Surat, Thiruvananthapuram, Varanasi, Vizag
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website