SAU Masters and PhD Admission Notice for 2019 – 20 Academic Session
South Asian University Masters and PhD Admission 2019 – South Asian University (SAU) New Delhi invites applications for admission to Masters and PhD program in Economics, Computer Science, Biotechnology, Applied Mathematics, Sociology, International Relations and Legal Studies for the academic Session 2019-20.
Also See : Phd Admissions 2019
About the SUA
South Asian University (SAU) is an International University established by the Governments of the Eight Member Nations of South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) viz. Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
SAU Masters and PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date for Submitting Filled Application Forms: 29th March 2018
- Entrance Test on: 27th and 28th April 2019
Program Offered at SAu
Master’s Level Programs
- Dept. of Mathematics: M.Sc (Applied Mathematics) (30 Seats)
- Faculty of Life Sciences & Biotechnology: M.Sc (Biotechnology) (30 Seats)
- Dept. of Computer Science: M.Sc (Computer Science) (30 Seats)
- Faculty of Economics: M.A. (Economics) (30 Seats)
- Dept. of International Relations: M.A. (International Relations) (30 Seats)
- Faculty of Legal Studies: LL.M (Master of Laws) (30 Seats)
- Dept. of Sociology: M.A. (Sociology) (30 Seats)
- Faculty of Economics: PhD (Economics) (06 Seats)
- Dept. of Computer Science: PhD (Computer Sci) (06 Seats)
- Faculty of Life Sciences & Biotechnology: PhD (Biotechnology) (08 Seats)
- Dept. of Sociology: PhD (Sociology) (06 Seats)
- Dept. of International Relations: PhD (International Relations) (04 Seats)
- Faculty of Legal Studies: PhD (Legal Studies) (06 Seats)
- Dept. of Mathematics: PhD (Applied Mathematics) (06 Seats)
Eligibility Criteria for SAU Masters and PhD Admission 2019
For Master’s Level Programs
- For admission to the Master’s level programs, a minimum of 15 years of education under the 10+2+3 pattern (i.e., 12 years of schooling + a 3 year Bachelor’s degree) is essential.
- Applicants who have earned a 4 year degree after 10+2 (12 years of schooling) are also eligible, though the Master’s level program will still be of two years duration for them.
- Applicants who have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in less than 15 years (e.g., under the 10+2+2 pattern) are not eligible for admission. However, students who have completed a two-year Bachelor’s degree and thereafter have also completed one year of MA/MSc can apply for admission to a Master’s level course subject to their fulfilling other prescribed eligibility conditions including percentage of marks (which will be the average of marks obtained at the Bachelor’s level and the first year of the MA/MSc course).
- Candidates who have completed 12 years of schooling + 3 year Bachelor’s degree + 3 years LLB degree or 12 years’ schooling and 4 years’ LLB degree with prescribed percentage of 50% marks are also eligible.
- For admission to MA (Development Economics) and MA (International Relations) Programs of study, the minimum prescribed eligibility percentage in Bachelor’s degree is 50%
- For M.A in Sociology Program: Candidate should have 12 years of schooling + a 3 year Bachelor’s degree from an institution recognized by the government of any of the SAARC countries
- For LLM Program a minimum of 17 years of education (12 years of schooling + 5 years Integrated BA/LLB degree with prescribed percentage of 50% marks) is the minimum prescribed eligibility
- For M.Sc (Applied Mathematics), M.Sc (Biotechnology) and M.Sc (Computer Science) Programs of study, the minimum eligibility percentage in Bachelors degree is 55%
- Candidates who have not yet completed the Bachelor’s degree, but are yet to appear for their last year/semester exam, may also apply for admission to Master degree Programs and appear in the entrance exam provisionally. Please note that such candidates will not have any claim to admission if their results are not declared and their mark sheets are not available latest by 31 July 2018 which is the last date for admissions. .
For PhD Level Program
- For admission to PhD Level Programs in SAU, a minimum 17 years of education (12 years of schooling + 3 year Bachelor’s degree + 2 year Master’s degree with prescribed percentage of marks as indicated below) is the minimum prescribed eligibility
- For PhD (Legal Studies), those who have done LLB followed by a one-year LLM degree with the prescribed 50% marks are also eligible
- For admission to PhD Programs in Economics, Sociology, International Relations, and Legal Studies, the minimum prescribed eligibility percentage in Master’s degree is 50%; and for M.Phil/PhD Programs in Applied Mathematics, Biotechnology & Computer Sci., the minimum prescribed eligibility percentage in Master’s degree is 55%
- Applicants who have not completed their Master’s level course and are yet to appear for their last year/semester exam may also take the Entrance Test. However, their admission will be subject to their fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria of aggregate percentage of marks at the Master’s level besides clearing the Entrance Test. Please note that such candidates will not have any claim to admission if their results are not declared and their mark sheets are not available latest by 26 July 2019 which is the last date for admissions.
- The admission procedure consists of an Entrance Test followed by an interview. Students are required to score at least 50% marks in both, the Entrance Test and the interview separately, to be eligible for admission.
SAU Masters and PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Applications for admission will be accepted only through online mode and payment must be made by credit/debit cards or net banking.
- Those who cannot pay the application fee online still need to fill and submit the online application form. They can then courier a bank draft for US$ 10 or INR 700/- drawn in favour of “South Asian University” payable at New Delhi to the Deputy Registrar Admissions, South Asian University, Akbar Bhawan, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110021, India.
- The bank draft must have the name of the candidate, application number and the program applied for at the back of the bank draft. However, registration will be done only on receipt of the bank draft.
- All candidates from outside the SAARC region should send their application on the prescribed application form directly to Deputy Registrar Admissions, South Asian University, Akbar Bhawan, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110021, India, with all supporting documents including educational records, identity proof and a colour photograph. The application should reach South Asian University by 29 March 2019
An Entrance Test will be conducted simultaneously throughout the SAARC region on 27 and 28 April 2019. The Entrance Tests will be held in two shifts on the same day at all the centres
Saturday, 27 April 2019
- MSc Biotechnology
- PhD Biotechnology
- MA International Relations
- PhD International Relations
- MSc Computer Science
- PhD Computer Science
Sunday, 28th April 2019
- M.Sc Applied Mathematics
- MA Sociology
- PhD Applied Mathematics
- PhD Sociology
- Master of Laws (LLM)
- PhD Legal Studies
- PhD Economics
Admission Entrance Test will be held at the following test centres as per above mentioned schedule.
Test Centres in India
- Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, chennai, Cochin, Dehradun, Delhi/NCR, Goa , Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipure, Jammu, Kolkata, Lcknow, Mumbai, Patna, Pune, Raipur, ranchi, Shimla, Srinagar, Surat, Thiruvanthapuram, Varanasi, Vizag
Test Centres in other countries
- Kabul (Afghanistan),
- Chittagong and Dhaka (Bangladesh),
- Thimphu (Bhutan),
- Male (Maldives),
- Kathmandu (Nepal),
- Karachi and Lahore (Pakistan),
- Colombo (Sri Lanka) and
For more details and information on application procedure, please visit: www.sau.ac.in
South Asian University (SAU), New Delhi
Deputy Registrar (Admissions), South Asian University, Akbar Bhavan, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi-110021 (India), Phone No.: +91-11-24122512-14, Email: email@example.com, Website www.sau.ac.in