Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University (SMVDU)announces Admission to PhD Program 2023-24, Apply now
SMVDU PhD Admission 2023 – Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University (SMVDU) Katra invites applications from the eligible candidates for admission to PhD Program offered in various disciplines for the Academic Session 2023-24 (Odd Semester)
SMVDU PhD Admission 2023
PhD Program Offered
- Computer Science & Engg.
- Electronics & Communication Engg.
- Mechanical Engg.
- Energy Management
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application Form: 30th June 2023
Eligibility Criteria for SMVDU PhD Admission 2023
- Master’s degree with 60% marks or equivalent CGPA in relevant discipline or interdisciplinary/ trans-disciplinary disciplines
- Master’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Sciences/ Management/ Humanities & Social Sciences or in interdisciplinary/trans-disciplinary discipline with minimum CGPA of 6.75 on a ten point scale in relative grading system or minimum CGPA of 6.00 in absolute grading system or 60% marks in aggregate of any University.
- A candidate applying for admission to Ph.D. program on Full Time Registration basis must have qualified National level examination such as UGC / CSIR -NET or GATE in concerned discipline or should be sponsored by a reputed organization where he/she is working
- However, candidate(s) who are not NET/GATE qualified may also apply for admission to Ph.D. program on full-time registration basis for which they may be considered in case of left over seats
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website https://www.smvdu.ac.in/
- The candidates desirous to seek admission are required to apply online. Only those applicants, who apply online before the last date and satisfy the eligibility criteria, will be considered for admission.
- The last date for submission of a complete Application Form is 30th June 2023
- Applicants should fill all personal and education details in the online application at an appropriate place as per their certificates.
- Application Fee – Rs. 1500/-
- Mode of Payment – Online through credit/debit card/Net-Banking
- The short-listing of applications for the purpose of admission test/interview shall be done by the concerned School Research Committee (SRC). Ph.D. students shall be required to go through an Entrance Test conducted by the SRC of the School
- Candidates who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/GATE/teacher-fellowship holders or have passed M.Phil. program may be exempted from appearing for the written test.
- An Entrance Test (Written Test) shall be qualifying in nature with qualifying marks as 50%
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific. The candidates who qualify the Written Test will be required to appear for an interview/viva-voce to be conducted by SRC where the candidates are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a SRC
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website