Sikkim Manipal University (SMU) announces Admission to PhD Program 2021
Sikkim Manipal University PhD Admission 2021 – Sikkim Manipal University (SMU) has invited applications from the eligible candidates for admission to PhD Program offered in various disciplines for the academic year 2021.
Interested candidates can check the post below for details on Sikkim Manipal University PhD Admission 2021 like course offered, eligibility criteria, application process, fee, and more.
Research Program Leading to Award of PhD Degree
- Sikkim Manipal University (SMU) has established itself as one of the prominent Universities in the entire North – East region of the country in its academic and research pursuit. SMU started offering Ph.D. program in 2001
- All procedures and modalities pertaining to SMU Ph.D. program has been documented as ‘SMU Regulations for Research Programme Leading to Award of Ph.D. Degree-2016’ and is approved by the University Research Committee (URC) and the Academic Senate
- The PhD degree shall be designated as Doctor of Philosophy of Sikkim Manipal University.
PhD Program Offered
PhD is offered in the following:
- Pre Clinical Subjects
- Para Clinical Subjects
- Clinical Subjects
- Allied Health Sciences
No. of PhD Seats Available
- CSE : 08 Seats
- CA : 04 Seats
- ECE : 18 Seats
- EEE : 02 Seats
- ME : 08 Seats
- IT : 08 Seats
- Civil : 02 Seats
- Chemistry : 19 Seats
- Mathematics : 06 Seats
- Physics : 12 Seats
- Management : 04 Seats
- Medical Biotechnology : 01 Seat
- Humanities and Social Sciences : 02 Seats
- Anatomy : 02 Seats
- Community Medicine : 03 Seats
- Physiology : 02 Seats
- Pharmacology : 02 Seats
- Microbiology : 04 Seats
- Psychiatry : 04 Seats
- Biochemistry : 06 Seats
- Paediatrics : 01 Seat
Sikkim Manipal University PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Start Date for Online Registration Application Form :- Ongoing
Eligibility Criteria for Sikkim Manipal University PhD Admission 2021
- A candidate seeking admission to the Ph.D. Programme of SMU should:
- Have a Master’s degree of this University or its equivalent of another recognized University or Institute with a minimum of 55% marks. The degree should be relevant to the department to which he/she applied for PhD. In case of candidates holding a qualifying degree from Foreign Universities, registration for the Ph.D. will be confirmed after determination of equivalence by the relevant University body.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the direction of the UGC from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- In exceptional cases, a candidate with B.Tech./B.E./M.B.B.S degree having high first class with relevant experience commensurate to his proposed research and experience equivalent to a postgraduate degree in the relevant field may be considered for registration on the special recommendation of the University Research Committee (URC). Such candidates will be required to complete a higher number of credits (24 to 36 credits) as coursework compared to 10 to 12 credits for those with postgraduate qualifications.
- Clearing the entrance test is only one of the prerequisites for admission.
- Should be recommended by the Department / Institute Research Protocol Evaluation Committee (D/I-RPEC) based on presentation of proposed Research Protocol and number of seats available.
- Foreign students will be required to produce clearance from the Government of India/relevant authorities, for being considered eligible and are holding research visa.
Sikkim Manipal University PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Candidates should register and apply online through the official website: www.smu.edu.in
- The guidelines for registration are available on the website.
- Online Application Registration Fee for PhD Program is Rs.1000/-
- Applications will be submitted in prescribed format along with the required documents and shall state the subject or interdisciplinary field in which the candidate desires to pursue his research work and the University Department/Constituent Institute where the research work will be carried out.
- An entrance test shall have qualifying marks as 50%. The Syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific.
- The Protocol shall ordinarily not exceed 5000 words
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website