Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University announces Admission to PhD Program 2019 July Session
SMVDU PhD Admission 2019 (July) – Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University invites applications for admission to PhD Program for Academic Session July 2019
- Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University invites the online application for Full time PhD programmes from the student of Engineering, Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences discipline
- PhD in Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Energy Management, Management, Physics, Chemistry, English, Mathematics, Biotechnology, Business, Economics, Philosophy
See: PHD Admissions
Important Date for SMVDU PhD Admission 2019
- Last date for filling Application Form: 5th July 2019
- Date of Exam: 10th July 2019
- Commencement of Semester: 15 July 2019
Eligibility Criteria for SMVDU PhD Admission 2019
- A candidate for admission to Ph.D. program on Full-Time Registration Basis must have obtained Master’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Sciences/ Management/ Humanities & Social Sciences or in interdisciplinary/trans-disciplinary discipline with minimum CGPA of 6.75 on a ten point scale in relative grading system or minimum CGPA of 6.00 in absolute grading system or 60% marks in aggregate of any University.
- A candidate applying for admission to Ph.D. program on Full Time Registration basis must have qualified National level examination such as UGC / CSIR – NET or GATE in concerned discipline or should be sponsored by a reputed organization where he/she is working. However, candidate(s) who are not NET/GATE qualified may also apply for admission to Ph.D. program on full-time registration basis for which they may be considered in case of left over seats. However such candidates shall not be entitled for any Assistantship from the University.
See: Latest Entrance Exam
- The shortlisting of applications for the purpose of admission test/interview shall be done by the concerned School Research Committee (SRC).
- Ph.D. students shall be required to go through an Entrance Test conducted by the SRC of the School. Candidates who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/GATE/teacher-fellowship holder or have passed M.Phil. program may be exempted from appearing for the written test.
- An Entrance Test (Written Test) shall be qualifying in nature with qualifying marks as 50%. The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific. The candidates who qualify the Written Test will be required to appear for an interview/viva-voce to be conducted by SRC where the candidates are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a SRC. The interview/viva voce shall also consider the following aspects, viz. whether:
- The candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research;
- The research work can be suitably undertaken at the University/Faculty/School/School; The proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
SMVDU PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Application Form to be filled Online from the University website www.smvdu.ac.in
- Separate application form should be filled for PhD program for each Department/Centre
- The application fee of Rs. 1500/- can be paid by credit/debit card/Net-Banking. The application fee is to be submitted Online at the time of submission of Application Form.
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Kakryal, Katra, J&K 182320, Toll Free No. 1800-180-7133, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website www.smvdu.ac.in