Shiv Nadar University (SNU) notifies Admission to PhD Program in Life Science & Bioinformatics for Session 2024 (Spring)
Shiv Nadar University PhD in Life Science & Bioinformatics Admission 2024 – The Department of Life Sciences in the School of Natural Sciences at Shiv Nadar Institution of Eminence (Deemed to be University), Delhi-NCR, invites applications for admission to the Ph. Program for the Spring Semester (Jan 2024). For this semester, only candidates who have valid CSIR-UGC NET-JRF, INSPIRE, DBT-JRF, and ICMR fellowships are eligible to apply. Interested candidates can check out the post below for more details on Shiv Nadar University PhD Admission 2024 from the post given below.
Research in the Department of Life Sciences is multifaceted, with a major focus on the areas of
- Cancer Biology
- Cell Signaling
- Plant Biology
- Bacterial Morphogenesis and Biofilms
- Protein Folding and Stress Response
- Chromatin remodeling factors and nuclear receptor signaling
- Protein Structure Biology
- Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
- Noncoding RNA & gene regulation
- Developmental Biology
- Regeneration Biology
- Last date for online application: 10th December 2023
- Notification (via Email) to the eligible candidates for interview: 11th December 2023
- Date of Online interview: 22nd December 2023
- Session Start Date: 08th January 2024
- For Life Sciences: A candidate should have a Master’s degree in any area of Biological Sciences with a minimum of 60% marks or an equivalent grade point.
- For Bioinformatics: Master’s degree in Bioinformatics/Biotechnology/Engineering/Medicine or equivalent with good programming knowledge and a minimum of 60% marks or an equivalent grade point.
- All interested applicants should apply online at the official website: snu.edu.in
Please follow the instructions carefully.
- Fill all the mandatory fields
- Upload the following documents online:
- Passport size color photograph
- Current CV
- All Mark sheets/Degree Certificates (Bachelors and Masters)
- Standardized Examination/Fellowship Certificate- CSIR, UGC, INSPIRE, ICMR, etc. (if applicable)
- A Statement of Purpose
- After the online submission, a copy of the completed application form should be sent by Email to [email protected]
- Please make provision for at least one reference letter in support of your application. The reference letter can also be sent to the same email address.
- You must pay non-refundable application fees of Rs.1200 by credit/debit card. Candidate may note that the University reserves the right to accept or reject any application based on its departmental screening criteria; hence, not all applications may be shortlisted for interview
- Therefore, no requests for a refund of the application fee shall be entertained whether or not the candidates are called for an interview.
Fees and Assistantship
- Detailed information about the fee structure and the nature of assistantships are available on the website
- Please note that students with CSIR, UGC, INSPIRE, and ICMR fellowships shall receive a 100% tuition fee waiver. Support will be available for deserving Ph.D. students to disseminate their work through conferences and publications.
- Candidates with CSIR, UGC-NET-JRF, INSPIRE, ICMR, DBT-JRF, etc., fellowships are eligible for direct interview.
- Eligible candidates will be intimated through Email to appear for the online interview on the dates mentioned below. The tentative dates are as follows.
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website