Sri Dev Suman Uttarakhand University announces PhD Admission for Session 2023
SDSUV PhD Admission 2023 – Sri Dev Suman Uttarakhand University, Tehri (Garhwal), Uttarakhand also known as Sri Dev Suman Uttarakhand Vishwavidyalaya invites applications for admission to PhD (Full-Time) Programmes in different subjects/ disciplines for its Campus Pt. Lalit Mohan Shrama Campus, Rishikesh for the session 2023-24.
SDSUV PhD Admission 2023
PhD Programs Offered and No. of Seats
- PhD Botany – 14
- PhD Chemistry – 12
- PhD Commerce – 14
- PhD Economics – 04
- PhD Education – 02
- PhD English – 06
- PhD Geology – 02
- PhD Geography – 06
- PhD Hindi – 06
- PhD History – 04
- PhD Mathematics – 08
- PhD Music – 02
- PhD Physics – 08
- PhD Political Science – 06
- PhD Sanskrit – 01
- PhD Sociology – 04
- PhD Zoology – 10
- Total – 109
- Date of Notification – 29 April 2023
- Online Application Starts – 01 May 2023
- Last Date of Submission of the Application Form – 25 May 2023
- Availability of Admit Card – 18 June 2023
- Date of PhD Entrance Test – 25 June 2023
- A candidate for the Ph.D. degree entrance test must have a Master’s degree of the Sridev Suman Uttarakhand University or of any other University incorporated by the law in force and recognized by the UGC or a professional degree declared equivalent to Master’s degree by a corresponding statutory regulatory body; provided also that the candidate,
- has a Master’s degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution recognized and established under a law in its home country. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) / Differently-Abled candidates.
- has qualified UGC-NET (including JRF)/ UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF/SLET/GATE/Teacher Fellowship holder or have passed M.Phil Programme.)
- A permanent teacher having served the Sridev Suman Uttarakhand University or the affiliated college for a minimum period of one year as a regular teaching faculty.
- Students who have appeared in PG Final Year/ Semester Examinations of Sridev Suman Uttarakhand University or affiliated colleges/ institutions thereof may also apply provisionally for the Ph.D. Entrance Examination.
- A candidate shall ordinarily be permitted to work for the Ph.D. Degree in the subject in which he/she has obtained Master’s Degree, but also that research work leading to Ph.D. Degree maybe allowed in allied subjects in the same or any other Faculty, if the Research Degree Committee (RDC) concerned is satisfied that the candidate possesses the requisite qualifications to take up the proposed research work. Allied subject for the above- stated purpose have been approved by the Academic council of the University.
- Online Application Form of SDSUV PhD Admission 2023 made available on the official website of Sri Dev Suman Uttarakhand University.
- Interested & eligible candidates can fill the online application form through the Official website of University. The mode of submission of the application is online only
- Read notification carefully before filling application form.
- For General/OBC – Rs. 2050
- For SC/ST/PH – Rs. 1050
- Mode of Payment – Can submit fees via Debit Card/Credit Card/Bank Challan[SBI]
- The candidates shall be selected for admission to the Ph.D. Programme:
- Through Research Entrance Test (RET) conducted by the University, or
- Direct Admission (without appearing in RET) for Teacher Candidate, who is a regularly appointed permanent teaching faculty having served, for a period of minimum of one year, in the Sridev Suman Uttarakhand University or the College/Institutions affiliated to the University and subject to the relevant applicable rules of the University/State Govt.
- Selection of candidates shall be made on the basis of :-
- 70% Marks of the entrance test / UGC-CSIR NET (including JRE/SLET/GATE) Marks
- 30% Marks of the performance in the interview/viva- voce(Total Marks out of 100 Marks)
Direct Admission (without appearing in RET)
- On the basis of their applications in response to common advertisement for Ph.D. admissions of the University, the following candidates shall be considered for Direct Admission (Without appearing in RET) as below:
- Candidate who has qualified has qualified UGC-NET (including JRF)/ UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF/SLET/GATE or equivalent national test shall be considered for direct admission to the Ph.D. program without appearing in Research Entrance Test (RET) but shall apply by filling the form within due date. The University reserves the right to conduct a separate entrance test for UGC-NET (including JRF)/ UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF/SLET/GATE) or equivalent national test for admission to the Ph.D. program. However, until a separate entrance test is not conducted the UGC- JRF-NET shall be admitted directly.
- Provided that a UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF/SLET/GATE regularly appointed permanent teacher) having served the Sridev Suman Uttarakhand University or a Govt. / Aided college; affiliated to the Sridev Suman Uttarakhand University for a minimum period of one year as a regular teaching faculty, subject to the permission by the Sridev Suman Uttarakhand University shall remain exempt from the Ph.D. Entrance Test, but shall be required to apply, like other candidates, for being considered at the time of counseling.
- The selected candidates shall be admitted to Pre-Ph.D. Course Work after counselling/interview/ viva-voce in such manner that selection of candidates shall be made on the basis of a 70% Marks to the entrance test UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF/SLET/GATE) Marks and 30% Marks to the performance in the counseling/ interview/viva-voce. The panel for counseling/interview of candidates shall be constituted by the vice-chancellor / Convener of Research Committee in the University and shall include minimum two subject- experts from amongst the professors or senior- most teachers of the concerned discipline from the University/other equivalent institutions. Where such a subject is not taught in one of the University campuses, the subject-experts shall be from amongst the professors or senior-most teachers of the concerned subject from such other colleges/universities /institutions where it is taught.
- Selected candidates are required to complete a regular six months Pre Ph.D. course at the campus of the Sridev Suman Uttarakhand University.
SDSUV Research Entrance Test (RET) Details
- Center of Ph.D Entrance Exam is Pandit Lalit Mohan Sharma Campus, Rishikesh and it may be extended to other centers depending on number of participants.
- Research Entrance Test (RET) will be objective/multiple- choice type.
- Written Test will be of 100 marks and Duration of Examination will be 2hrs.
- The syllabus for entrance test of each subject shall be the syllabus as prescribed by Sridev Suman Uttarakhand University for post graduate programme in the concerned subject.
- Paper shall contain 100 objectives / multiple-choice type questions (50 questions from concerning subjects and 50 questions from research aptitude/research methodology) each question shall carry one mark with no negative marking.
- No scrutiny / revaluation of the answer sheet of the written test will be permitted.
- The Qualifying Percentage of marks in the Entrance Examination will be as under: General -50%, OBC/SC/ST and Differently abled- 45%.
- Admission to the Ph.D. programme in each subject shall be made strictly according to RET merit against the available seats in the concerned subject in the university campus and affiliated colleges.
- Reservation Policy of the State of Uttarakhand shall be followed in admissions.
For more details and to apply online, please visit official website