SASTRA University announces Admission to Bachelor of Science in Optometry (B.Optom.) Program 2019-20
SASTRA University B.Optom. Admission 2019 – Sastra University, Thanjvur (Tamil Nadu) has released the notification from eligible candidates to admission to Bachelor of Science in Optometry (B.Optom) Program (in collaboration with Elite School of Optometry, Sankara Nethralaya-Unit of Medical Research Foundation) for the academic year 2019-20
Candidates can check all the details related to SASTRA University B.Optom. Admission 2019 like eligibility, application process and other details through this page below.
See: B.Sc Admissions
- The dreams of its founding fathers took shape in 1984 in the form of Shanmugha College of Engineering, which is now renamed, SHANMUGHA ARTS, SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY & RESEARCH ACADEMY (SASTRA).
- Our Programs, infrastructure, teaching-learning, etc., are among the country’s finest. SASTRA has always been proactive in its academic planning and believes in gaining the first-mover advantage.
- The B.Optom. Program offered by SASTRA University in collaboration with the Elite School of Optometry, Sankara Nethralaya, Unit of Medical Research Foundation is a four-year program designed to create professionally trained optometrists for the healthcare – sector.
- The student will spend the first two years at SASTRA University and the next two years at the Medical Research Foundation, Sankara Nethralaya. Emphasis on clinical training and internships along with strong foundation in basic and applied optometric courses are the hallmarks of this programme. This is in addition to two practice schools during the programme at the Medical Research Foundation.
- Elite School of Optometry – Sankara Nethralaya, the first school of optometry in India started in the year 1985, has been the dream destination for Optometry across the country.
See: Admission Notification and Dates
SASTRA University B.Optom. Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Issue of Application Forms for all programs: 12th April 2019
- Last Date for Submitting filled Application Forms: 14th June 2019 (05.00 pm)
Eligibility Criteria for SASTRA University B.Optom. Admission 2019
- A Pass in the +2 examination in a single sitting in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics or Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology from recognised State Board / Central Board or any other Board accepted by SASTRA as equivalent to 10+2, with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in all subjects
- HSC candidates should not have completed 19 years as on 01st July 2019
- Admission to the B.Optom. programme will be based on NEET 2019 scores and normalized +2 marks. The weightage for NEET scores and +2 marks will be 25% & 75% respectively. The aggregate NEET score and normalized +2 aggregate will be taken together as per the weightage and applicants will be ranked based on the resultant combined score.
- For example: If a student secures a NEET 2019 Score of 185 and a normalized +2 aggregate of 95 percentile, the combined score of the student will be (0.25*185) + (0.75*95) = 117.5
- The combined score of a student will be used to determine the SASTRA Rank and admission will be based on the SASTRA Rank secured.
- To bring all candidates from different examining authorities/boards in the same scale of comparison and to create a list in the order of merit, the +2 or its equivalent aggregate marks will be normalized. A first rank student of each board is considered to have obtained 100% mark and aggregate mark of all other students of the board is normalized with reference to that of the first rank student. For example, if the first rank is 97% and an applicant’s aggregate is 90% then the applicant’s normalized percentage is 92.78 (90 / 97 x 100). If a student did not appear for NEET 2019, he/she will be eligible with 75% weightage on +2 aggregate alone.
- Applicants will be called for counselling based on the combined score
- Tuition Fee per Semester Rs.55000/- (5% annual increase from II year)
- Sports and Unit Test fee per annum Rs.1000/-
- Development fees (one-time payment) Rs.10,000/-
- Special fees, Registration fees, Medical Exam fees, etc. at the time of admission only (One-time payment) Rs.6000/-
- Hostel Fees Annual Rent: Rs. 10,000/- (Hostel Subject to availability)
- Mess Fees: Actuals
See: Medical Entrance Exams
SASTRA University B.Optom. Admission 2019 Application Process
- Online submission of application is also possible at https://www.sastra.edu/
- The name you provide will appear identically on all official documents.
- Indicate your permanent address. Your permanent address is a stable address, which will be valid for a long period of time. This is the address where you may be reached, even if your mailing address changes. Indicate the phone number, residence & mobile number, fax number and the email address.
- Indicate your qualifying examination passed, year of passing, register number, number of appearances and the marks obtained in the qualifying examinations. Photocopies of the mark sheet, NEET Score card should be enclosed.
- Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances after the commencement of classes
- Completed forms must be mailed in the envelope enclosed to OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS, SASTRA DEEMED UNIVERSITY Thanjavur-613401, Tamil Nadu.