National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2019
NEET 2019 – National Testing Agency announces NEET 2019 Exam Dates. National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) will be organized by the NTA (National Testing Agency) in the year 2019. It is the only national level medical entrance exam. It is organized for providing admission in MBBS, BDS & Ayush Courses offered by all Indian Medical Colleges
Also See : NEET Result 2019 released, here’s how to check
Medical Entrance Exam
- The National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) UG will be conducted by the NTA from 2019 onwards. This Test was being conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) till 2018. NEET (UG) is applicable for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of MCI /DCI under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
- The NEET (UG) – 2019 will be conducted on Sunday, 05th May2019. The responsibility of the NTA is limited to the conduct of the entrance exam, declaration of result and for providing an “All India Rank merit list” to the Directorate General Health Service, Govt. of India for the conduct of counselling for 15% All India Quota Seats and for supplying the result to States/other Counselling Authorities.
- As per regulations framed under the Indian Medical Council Act -1956 and the Dentists Act-1948 and as amended from time to time, NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) 2019 (NEET (UG) – 2019) will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in Indian Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
- All important dates of NEET 2019 such as application form, admit card, answer key, result can be checked from this page. Check dates and apply on time.
Also See : NEET UG 2019 Registrations to Begin Soon, Check When?
Also See : NEET 2019 Form Correction Facility reopens before declaration of result, check details
New Changes Introduced
- On the proposal of Union Health Ministry, MCI approved several changes in the NEET UG entrance exam. Below we have listed the new changes introduced last year:
- Andhra Pradesh and Telangana have joined 15% All India Quota scheme. Candidates of these states need not to submit Self Declaration form now.
- Aadhaar Card is also not compulsory to fill the NEET Application. But, candidates have to require any ID proof to apply for the exam.
- Indian candidates those who wish to pursue MBBS/BDS in foreign nationals; they have to qualified NEET UG exam.
- The attempt limit has been removed from the last year. Now, candidates may attempt the NEET untill the age limit as per their categories.
- As per officials the exam will be bilingual (except language chosen in English).
Also See : NEET 2019 Counselling Schedule released, Check details
NEET 2019 Dates
On-line submission of Application Form(including uploading of photograph and signature) 01st November 2018 to 30th November 2018
Date for Successful Final Transaction of Fee 01st to 01st December 2018
Through Credit/Debit Card/Net-Banking upto 11:50 p.m. and through e-challan upto bank hours 01st December 2018
Correction in particulars of Application Form on website only(No corrections shall be allowed under any circumstances after this date) 14th January 2019 to 31st January 2019
Printing of Admit Cards from NTA Website: 15th April 2019
Date of Examination: 05th May 2019
Timing of Examination 02:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Examination Centre: As indicated on Admit Card
Display of recorded responses and Answer Keys for inviting challenges on NTA Websitewww.nta.ac.in, www.ntaneet.nic.in
Date shall be displayed on the NTA Website
Declaration of Result on NTA Website by 05th June 2019
Also See : NEET 2019 Counselling Registration Dates extended, check details
Medical (MBBS and BDS) Seats offered through NEET 2019
- Admissions to all seats of MBBS/BDS courses will be done through National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (UG) 2019. The seats are classified in the following categories:
- All India Quota Seats
- State Govt. Quota Seats where the State Govt. concerned so opts
- Private/Management/NRI Quota Seats in all Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University
NEET UG 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Students must check their eligibility before filling the application form. Candidates can check the detailed NEET 2019 eligibility criteria from below:
- Candidates must have completed the age of 17 years
- The maximum age limit will be 25 years (30 years for SC/ST & OBC)
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply for NEET UG.
- Candidates belong to J&K state will be eligible to apply for 15% All India Quota on the basis of self-declaration
- Candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-technology at the qualifying examination
- In respect of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examination be 40% instead of 50% for General category candidates
- In respect of the candidates with benchmark disabilities specified under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying exam shall be 45% instead of 50% for General category candidates and 40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates
- Provided that two years of regular and continuous study of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology taken together shall be required at 10+2 level for all the candidates
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 from Open Schools or as Private candidates shall not be eligible to appear for National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test-UG. Furthermore, study of Biology/Bio-technology as an Additional Subject at 10+2 level also shall not be permissible
- Those who are appearing in Class XII Exam in 2019 can also appear for the entrance test provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions later
- As the States of Andhra Pradesh and Telengana have decided to join and contribute their MBBS/BDS seats for the allotment to the candidates under 15% All India Quota from the academic year 2019 onward, the candidates belonging to these States shall also be eligible for 15% All India Quota seats
NEET (UG) 2019 Exam Pattern
- The exam will be organized on 03rd February to 17th February 2019 (Feb exam) & 12th May to 25th May 2019 (May Exam).
- The Entrance Test shall consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) to be answered on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen provided by CBSE at centre only
- The duration of test would be 03 hours (10.00 am to 01.00 pm)
Language of the Question Papers
- Candidates can opt for Question Paper either in English or in Hindi;
- Option of medium of Question Paper should be exercised while filling in the application form and the option once exercised by candidates cannot be changed later;
- Candidates opting for English would be provided Test Booklet in English only and the candidates opting for Hindi would be provided Bilingual Test Booklet i.e. in Hindi and in English
Syllabus for the NEET Test
- A common syllabus will be prescribed by MCI (Medical Council of India) for the NEET UG exam. NEET 2019 syllabus will contain physics, chemistry and biology subjects. Students can check the detailed syllabus from below:
- Physical world and measurement; Laws of Motion; Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body; Properties of Bulk Matter; Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory; Electrostatics; Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism; Electromagnetic Waves; Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation; Electronic Devices, etc.
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry; Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties; States of Matter: Gases and Liquids; Equilibrium; Hydrogen; p-Block Elements; Hydrocarbons; Solid State; Electrochemistry; Surface Chemistry; p-Block Elements; Coordination Compounds; Alcohols; Phenols and Ethers; Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, etc.
- Diversity in Living World; Cell Structure and Function; Human Physiology; Structural Organization in Animals and Plants; Plant Physiology; Reproduction; Biology and Human Welfare; Ecology and Environment; Genetics and Evolution; Biotechnology and Its Applications, etc.
- The Question Papers for the test shall be based on a Common Syllabus notified by the Medical Council of India and implemented in the year. Please see Appendix-I for details
- The syllabus for NEET 2019 is same as last year’s. There are no changes in the syllabus. It comprises of physics, chemistry, biology
- List of cities where the NEET (UG) – 2019 will be conducted is given at Appendix-II
- In case, instructions are not complied with, CBSE may allot the centres different from the choice given or cancel the candidature
Candidates should fill the application form as per the instructions given in the information bulletin. Below we are providing NEET 2019 application form details:
The application form will be issued through online mode only. No application will be entertained through offline mode.
Candidates can apply for NEET (UG) – 2019 only through Online mode.
The Application Form other than online mode will not be accepted, in any case. Only one application is to besubmitted by a candidate
Submission of Online Application Form may be done by accessing NTA website www.nta.ac.in / www.ntaneet.nic.in only.
Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on NTA website. Candidates notcomplying with the instructions shall be disqualified
Candidates must ensure that e-mail address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are their own asall information/ communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on e-mail address or SMS on given Mobile Number only
Instructions for filling Online Application Form
Download Information Bulletin and Replica of Application Form. Read these carefully to ensure your eligibility
Follow the 4 steps given below to Apply Online:
Step-1: Fill in the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application No.
Step-2: Upload scanned images of Candidate’s Photograph (between 10 kb – 200 kb) and Candidate’s Signature(between 4 kb – 30kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
Step-3: Make payment of fee using suitable mode of payment through bank as per details given in Chapter – 4, (mode ofsubmission of Application Form and payment of fee) and keep proof of fee paid
Step-4: Print at least four printouts of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee
All the 4 Steps can be done together or at separate times
The official website of the Agency for NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUMENTRANCE TEST (UG) is www.ntaneet.nic.in. All the test relatedinformation will be available on this website only.
The official websites for counselling of 15% All India seats, Central
Institutions and Deemed Universities related information are as under:
- a) Ministry of Health & Family Welfaremohfw.gov.in and
- b) Medical Counselling Committee: mcc.nic.in
- c) For remaining seats, kindly check the website(s) of concerned State(s)/Institution(s)
- d) Notwithstanding anything contained in the Information Bulletin, the decisionof NTA/MoHFW/DGHS/MCI/DCI shall be final and binding
- For General /OBC Candidates: Rs.1400 (INR)
- For SC/ST/PH Candidates: Rs.750/- (INR)
- Fee payment can be done through credit/debit card, net banking, UPI and e-wallet. Service tax will also be applicable
- Candidates if required may take the assistance of Common Services Centres for filling up the application form; the details of the common services centres are given on the website
Method of Fee Payment
Payment Using Appropriate Mode:After completing Step 2 of online Application Form, candidates may remit theexamination fee (Step 3) by choosing the following options:
Please select any Mode of Payment/Service Provider (Service/Processingcharges per transaction & GST (applicable @18%) to be paid by thecandidate)
Online Mode i.e. Debit/Credit Card &Net Banking:Check the validity of the Debit/Credit Card and keep it ready withyou while logging on to website for submitting Application Form.Candidate should enter the information asked for and makepayment through Debit/Credit Card
National Testing Agency, C-20 1A/8,Sector 62 IITK Outreach Centre, NOIDA-201309, email@example.com, Website https://nta.ac.in/
need the NEET details…
which of the colleges will be offering the entrance test of NEET…
pls send the details.
Scholarship benefits for best results! iPositive initiates 100% guaranteed Fee waiver for all coaching classes. Top 20 students who clear the scholarship will get assured fee waiver throughout the course.
Avail Free NEET/JEE Coaching for Top 20 Students