Sarvajanik University (SU) Surat announces Admission to PhD Program 2023, Apply now
Sarvajanik University PhD Admission 2023 – Sarvajanik University (SU), Surat has invited applications form eligible candidates for admission to Doctoral of Philosophy (PhD) Programs offered by various faculties of the varsity for the Academic session 2023-24
Sarvajanik University PhD Admission 2023
- Application Process: Ongoing
- Last Date of Applications 15th September 2023
- Master’s degree or an equivalent degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Interested candidates may visit our website https://sarvajanikuniversity.ac.in/ for further details
- At the time of application, the following should be submitted by the candidate.
- An online application.
- Scanned copy of the relevant academic mark-sheets.
- A short note on the professional background and experience of the applicant, if any.
- A “Statement of Purpose” explaining why the applicant wishes to pursue the Ph.D. Program, in around 200 words.
- A Brief Proposal / proposed area of research explaining the context, motivation and objective of research, in around 500 words.
- The names of two academic / non-academic referees from whom the University may seek information on the research potential of the applicant.
- Application fee decided by the University.
- The selection for admission to PhD Program will be based on –
- Candidates who have passed UGC-NET (including JRF) / UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF) / SLET or have passed MPhil program (where they were admitted based on entrance test) are exempted from Ph.D. Written Test
- Part I: A paper in research methodology comprising Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Part II: A paper of the relevant subject comprising Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) of PG level.
- Proportion of marks in these two Parts shall be 30:70 respectively.
- To qualify in the Entrance Test, the candidate has to secure minimum 50% marks in the aggregate. Relaxations in passing percentage shall be applicable as prescribed by UGC.
Personal Interview (PI)
- Candidates who clear the written test shall be required to appear for PI. Candidates who are exempted from written Test, have to appear for PI
- Personal Interviews (PI) shall be conducted separately for each subject by Faculty-wise Doctoral Committee in presence of all research supervisors of concerned subject, and an outside expert nominated by Provost
Preparation of Merit List
- The University shall bring out a merit list of successful candidates in each subject, based on the performance in written test and PI for each category.
- Validity of the merit list shall be for the current academic year.
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website
- Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
- PhD Admission and Entrance Exam Notifications 2023
- Admission Notification and Dates 2023