Sanskrit College and University (SCU) Kolkata notifies PhD Admission 2023-24, Apply Now
Sanskrit College and University PhD Admission 2023 – The Sanskrit College and University Kolkata, West Bengal invites application for Admission to the PhD / Vidyāvāridhi Programme in the Departments of Sanskrit, Bengali, English, Ancient Indian and World History, and Linguistics/ Advaita Vedanta and Sahitya (under Traditional Oriental Learning) for the Academic Year 2023-24
Sanskrit College and University PhD Admission 2023
- Sanskrit – 04 [SC-1, UR-2, ST-1]
- Bengali – 01 [SC]
- English – 03 [SC-1, UR-2]
- Ancient Indian and World History – 02 [SC-1, UR-1]
- Linguistics – 01 [SC]
- Advaita Vedanta (Traditional Oriental Learning) – 03 [SC-1, UR-2]
- Sahitya (Traditional Oriental Learning) – 02 [SC-1, UR-1]
- Online Application commences on: 15th December 2022
- Last date for receiving online applications: 30th December 2022
- Last date for receiving hard copies of the application form – 11th January 2023
- Applicants must have a minimum of 55% marks (General Category) and 50% marks (reserved category) in the Post Graduate/ Acharya level.
- Candidates in service may apply through the proper channel.
- The eligibility of the candidate will be as per UGC rules, but the enrolled/registered Ph. D./ Vidyavaridhi candidates may not get the facilities of UGC-JRF or Non net Fellowship / Scholarship at present.
- The students who have cleared UGC-NET/ SET/SLET or equivalent examinations or were awarded M. Phil./ Vishistacharya from any recognized university are not required to appear in the written examination (RET) but they have to appear in the interview.
- All other eligible candidates will have to appear in a written examination (RET) of two hours duration. The list of the selected candidates for interview will be displayed on the Notice Board and shared on the university webpage. The final selection for joining this programme will be made on the basis of the interview.
- Please check the university website www.sanskritcollegeanduniversity.ac.in regularly for updates
- Applicants are requested to fill out the application form carefully by uploading the required applicable documents
- After successfully filling out the application form, applicants must pay the non-refundable application fees through transfer to their bank account.
- After successful payment, a UTR number will be generated. The UTR number is needed at the time of application.
- After submitting the Application Form, a printout is to be taken of the filled Application Form
- Passport size photo (100 KB, JPEG/ PNG/ JPG)
- Your signature (100 KB, JPEG/ PNG/ JPG)
- Aadhar Card (110 KB, PDF only)
- Caste certificate in case of SC/ ST/ OBC. For General Category, there is no need of uploading a certificate. (150 KB, PDF only)
- Undergraduate Marksheet (110 KB, PDF only)
- Post Graduate Marksheet (110 KB, PDF only)
- Certificate of NET/ SET/ SLET (110 KB, PDF only)
- Certificate of M. Phil./ Vishitacharya (110 KB, PDF only)
- For General Category – Rs. 1000/-
- For Reserved Category – Rs. 500/-
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website