Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University announces Admission to PhD Program 2019
RMLNLU Lucknow PhD Admission 2019 – Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University invites application in prescribed format for admission in Ph.D. Program in Law, History, Economics, English, and Sociology & Political Science for Academic Year 2019-20.
Also See: Admission Notifications
- The Admission to Ph.D. Degree in Law and Allied Subjects shall be open to the following candidates – Law, History, Economics, English, Sociology & Political Science
Duration of the Program
- The following shall be the duration of the PhD Program.
- Minimum duration shall be three years including course-work and a maximum of six years from the date of Admission.
- The Research Scholars woman or person with disability (more than 40% disability) may be further allowed two years in the aforesaid maximum duration. In addition, the woman research scholar may be provided with maternity leave/child care leave once in the entire duration of her PhD Program for upto 240 days
- However, the Vice-Chancellor, on the recommendation of the Research Degree Committee, may in exceptional individual case make relaxation in the aforesaid prescribed maximum duration.
Also See: Phd Admissions
RMLNLU Lucknow PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date of Submission of Application Form: 16th August 2019
- List of Eligible candidates for Entrance Test: 20th August 2019
- Issue of online Admit Card: 21st August 2019
- Written Test (11:00 am to 12:30 pm): 24th August 2019 (Saturday)
- Result of the Written Test: 28th August 2019
- List of Eligible Candidates for Interview: 30th August 2019
- Interview (11:00 am onwards): 04th September 2019
- Final Merit List: 07th September 2019
- Date of Admission: 11th September 2019
- Commencement of Classes: 14th September 2019
No. of Seats
- There shall be 15 seats for the Law Stream and 09 Seats for the Social Science and Humanities stream subject to the availability of the Research Supervisor.
Also See: Latest Entrance Exam
Streams for Admission
- The Social Science and Humanities which will include:
- Economics: Commerce, Business Administration/ Management, Development Studies.
- English: Cultural Studies, Law and Literature, Women Studies.
- History: Women/Gender Studies, Buddhist Studies, Subaltern Studies (including Tribal and Dalit Studies)
- Sociology: Rural Development, Social Inclusion and Exclusion Studies, Gender Studies
- However, the Research Degree Committee shall have power to make any change in the aforesaid lists as per its decision taken from time to time.
- There shall be reservation for eligible candidates in the aforesaid seats for SC/ST of Uttar Pradesh and OBC of Uttar Pradesh (Non-Creamy layer)/ Differently subcategories.
- However, if any seat belonging to reserved category remains unfilled, a special drive as per the procedure prescribed by the University, will be made. The allocation of seats shall be as follows:
- UR – Law 07, [History 01, , Political Science – 0, Sociology – 01, & Economics – 01]
- OBC of UP – Law 04, [History 01, Political Science – 01, Sociology – 02 & Economics – 1]
- SC/ST of UP – Law 03, [History 01, Political Science – 0, Sociology – 0, English – 0 & Economics – 0]
Eligibility Criteria for RMLNLU Lucknow PhD Admission 2019
- The Admission to PhD Degree in Law and Allied Subjects shall be open to the following candidates:
For PhD Degree in Law
- He/she has obtained the LL.M. Degree of Dr. R.M.L. National Law University, Lucknow or its equivalent Degree of any other university recognized by the UGC with at least 55% marks in the aggregate or an equivalent grade B in the UGC 7 point scale.
- However, there shall be a relaxation of 5% in the aforesaid minimum 55% marks for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) of U.P./differently-able categories.
For PhD Degree in Allied Subjects
- A Master’s Degree of any university recognized by UGC having at least 55% marks in the aggregate or an equivalent grade B in the UGC 7 point scale in any subject relevant to the proposed research work with a Bachelor’s Degree in Law; or
- A Master’s Degree of any university recognized by UGC having at least 55% marks in aggregate or an equivalent grade B in the UGC 7 point scale in any subject relevant to the proposed research work with established research credentials by way of publications; or
- A Master’s Degree of any university recognized by UGC having at least 55% marks in aggregate or an equivalent grade B in the UGC 7 point scale in any subject relevant to the proposed research work with long term in-depth practical experience in the area to be researched
- However, there shall be a relaxation of 5% in the aforesaid minimum 55% marks for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer) of U.P./differently-able categories.
- The Selection Process for Admission to the Ph.D. Program 2019-20 will be as follows:
- The Written Test shall consist of 70 marks. The Question Paper will consist of Objective Type Questions 50% on Research Methodology and 50% shall be on Subject Specific.
- The Interview shall carry 30 marks. The qualifying marks shall be 50% for the Written Test and Interview taken together.
- The Written Test and Interview shall be exclusively in English Language. The Syllabus for the Written Test shall as may be prescribed by the University
- The duration of the Written Test will be one and a half hours. There will be no negative marking
- Only eligible candidates will be called for Interview
- Those eligible candidates who have finally qualified in the Interview will be selected for Admission on the basis of them inter se merit taken together in the Written Test/Interview.
Fees & Other Charges
- Candidates selected for Admission to the PhD Degree Program 2019-20 will be enrolled by the University after the remission of the following fees:
- Registration Fee (One type Payment) – Rs.5000/-
- Tuition Fee – Rs.30,000/-
- Utility Charges – Rs.20000/-
- Caution Money – Rs.5000/-
- Total – Rs.60000/-
RMLNLU Lucknow PhD Admission 2019 Application Procedure
- All eligible candidates shall apply in the prescribed Application Form on or before 20th August 2019
- The fees (non-refundable) for the Application Form shall be Rs. 1000/- (Rs. 500/- for SC/ST of U.P. candidates). A Bank Draft of the said amount, drawn in favour of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, payable at Lucknow, shall be attached with the Application Form
For further details please visit the University Website www.rmlnlu.ac.in or contact the University at the following address/contact numbers.
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University
Registrar, Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, LDA Colony, Kanpur Road Scheme, Lucknow-226012 U.P. India, Ph.D. Programme Coordinator: +91-522-2425902-903, Administration: +91-522-24 25 902-903 (Ext. 101, 210), Telefax (Joint Registrar): +91-522-24 22841, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.rmlnlu.ac.in