Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology announces Admission to MSc Biotechnology Program 2019
RGCB MSc Biotechnology Admission 2019 – Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram invites applications for admission to MSc Biotechnology Program (With Three Streams) for July 2019 session
- Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) located at Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala is an autonomous National Institute of the Government of India, Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology.
MSc Biotechnology Programs offered
- MSc Biotechnology with specialization in Molecular Plant Sciences
- MSc Biotechnology with specialization in Disease Biology
- MSc Biotechnology with specialization in Molecular Diagnostics and DNA Profiling.
See: M.Sc Biotechnology Entrance Exam
Duration of the Course: Two years (four semesters)
Number of Seats per year
- MSc Biotechnology (Disease Biology) – 15 Seats
- MSc Biotechnology (Molecular Plant Sciences) – 10 Seats
- MSc Biotechnology (Molecular Diagnostics and DNA Profiling) – 15 Seats
RGCB MSc Biotechnology Admission 2019 Important Date
- Last date for Application Form Submission: 30th May 2019
- Entrance examination: 14th June 2019
- Examination Centers: 16 centers across India
- Commencement of Classes: July 2019
Eligibility Criteria for RGCB MSc Biotechnology Admission 2019
- Students with 60% aggregate marks (or an equivalent grade point average) in Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Science, Engineering, or Medicine Ayurveda, other traditional systems of medicine BDS, BVSc, BPharm, B. Tech, BSc agriculture are eligible to be apply for admission.
- Students from the SC, ST, OBC (non-creamy layer), and PWD categories shall be given a relaxation of 5% aggregate marks. Students in the final year of their qualifying degree program are also eligible to apply provided that they produce a proof of having secured the required marks in their undergraduate degree program at the time of admission.
- Eligible students are required to appear for the RGCB Entrance Examination. The examination in 2019 will be held at 16 cities in the country (provided a minimum of 50 applications must be received for taking the test in the particular city). Up to 15 students per stream (total 45), who meet the desired criteria for selection, may be admitted.
- Allotment of students to particular specialties will be based on the choice of the candidate at the time of application submission. Students will have to give three preferences (three specialties) and final allotment will be based on the marks scored in the entrance examination.
- There shall be reservation of seats for students from the SC, ST, OBC, PWD and Economically backward categories as per the rules and regulations of the Government of India.
See: MSc Admission
Syllabus for the Entrance Exam
- The exam will be of multiple-choice type and will consist of two parts- Part A (30 questions) and Part B (100 questions).
- All questions in Part A is compulsory and will include current general knowledge, analytical ability, and reasoning.
- Part B will include questions from BSc level life sciences, chemistry, and basic level mathematics and physics. Students can answer any 70 of the 100 questions.
- There will be one mark for every correct answer and negative 1/4 mark for every wrong answer. Duration of the test will be three hours.
- Patna, Ranchi, Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Kalyani, Kolkata, Delhi, Lucknow, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi, Calicut, Chennai, Madurai, Navi Mumbai, Pune
RGCB MSc Biotechnology Admission 2019 Application Process
- Interested candidates can apply online Application form and Brochure are available at RGCB Website: www.rgcb.res.in
- Fields marked with are mandatory.
- Fill in the details and click on Register to proceed.
- Please read the Prospectus carefully before filling this Registration.
- After successful registration you will receive User ID and Password to the registered Mobile number and Email ID.
- Login link will be sent to the registered Email ID.
- Click on the login link to fill the application.
- Un Reserved (General UR): Rs 2000/-
- Other Backward Class (OBC-Non-Creamy Layer)/SC/ST/Economically Backward for General Category: Rs. 700/-
- PWD: NIL
See: Latest Entrance Exams
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB)
Office of the Academic Affairs, Masters Program Division, Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB), Thycaud PO, Thiruvananthapuram-695014, Kerala, India, Phone: +91 471 2529653 +91 471 2529655, Email: email@example.com, Website: www.rgcb.res.in