Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB) announces PhD Program in Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Admission 2019
RCB Faridabad PhD in Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Admission 2019 – Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB) invites applications from the motivated students for admission to the PhD (Biostatistics and Bioinformatics) Program for the academic session 2019
See: PhD Admissions
The Regional Centre for Biotechnology
- RCB is an Institution of National importance with the primary focus of providing world-class Education and training and to conduct innovative research at the interface of multiple disciplines to create high quality human resource in the area of Biotechnology
- RCB is offering interdisciplinary doctoral programmes in Biostatistics and Bioinformatics in partnership with other institutions by creating a virtual faculty pool.
- These programmes will be supported through a collaboration with the global pharmaceutical giant, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals India Private Ltd. (GSK)
RCB Faridabad PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date of application Form is 20th May 2019.
- Candidates shall be invited for a written test and interview on: 24th and 25 June 2019
Eligibility Criteria for RCB Faridabad PhD Admission 2019
- For the PhD program in Biostatistics, the candidate must possess a first-class (60% marks or more) Master’s degree in Statistics or Mathematics.
- For the PhD program in Bioinformatics, the candidate must have a first-class (60% marks or more) Master’s degree in Computer Science or Bioinformatics. Those appearing in the final examination and having secured at least 60% marks on an average in all examinations held during the Master’s degree programme are also eligible to apply.
- However, students will be permitted to join the programme only on production of first class Master’s degree certificate.
See: Admission Notification and Dates
- Eligible candidates need to appear for a nationally-open written examination at RCB. Shortlisted candidates will then be interviewed for the final selection.
- Selected candidates shall receive a consolidated stipend of Rs. 45000 per month for the first two years of the programme and Rs. 50000 for the next three years.
- The stipend shall be subject to taxes as per Govt. of India rules. Continuation of stipend is subject to satisfactory progress made by the student to be evaluated annually. A total of four students may be selected annually to these programmes.
RCB Faridabad PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Interested students may apply online by paying the prescribed application fee of Rs. 500. The last date of application is 20 May 2019.
- Eligible candidates shall be invited for a written test and interview on 24-25 June, 2019 at RCB, Faridabad.
See: PhD in Bioinformatics Admissions
- Academic Administration Fee Rs. 5000 per semester, Laboratory Fee Rs. 6000 per semester, Medical Fee Rs. 3000 per semester, Student amenities Fee Rs. 1000 per semester, Thesis, examination Fee Rs. 10000 (at the time of submission of thesis); Caution money Rs. 5000 (at the time of admission); Hostel Room Fee Rs. 1200 per semester, Hostel Electricity charges As per the installed meter, Mess Charges As per actual
- In case of any discrepancy/issue/query regarding filling up the online form or any payment related issues, the applicant may contact – email@example.com
NCR Biotech Science Cluster, 3rd Milestone, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Expressway, P.O. Box No. 3, Faridabad-121001 Haryana (NCR Delhi), Email – firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.rcb.res.in