Ranchi University PhD Admission 2023 – Ranchi University invites applications from eligible candidates for the admission to PhD program offered in various disciplines for the academic session 2023-24 through Entrance Test. Ranchi University came into existence on 12th of July 1960 as an autonomous institution as it was carved out of erstwhile Bihar University. The University awards PhD degrees in the Faculties of Arts (Humanities & Social Sciences), Science, Commerce, Medicine and Engg. There is also a provision of awarding DLitt and DSc Degrees. Candidates can check more details on Ranchi University PhD Admission 2023 from the post given below.
PhD Programs offered
- PhD in Anthropology, Bengali, Botany, Chemistry, Commerce, Economics, English, Geography, Geology, Hindi, History, Home Science, Mathematics, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Sanskrit, Sociology, Tribal and Regional Languages, Urdu, Zoology
No. of Seats
- Anthropology – 15, Bengali – 03, Botany – 93, Chemistry – 33, Commerce – 25, Economics – 55, English – 52, Geography – 39, Geology – 19, Hindi – 69, History – 58, Home Science – 43, Mathematics – 08, Philosophy – 18, Physics – 07, Political Science – 07, Psychology – 21, Sanskrit – 14, Sociology – 30, Tribal and Regional Languages – 01, Urdu – 07, Zoology – 16
- Application form availability: 14th Oct 2023 to 04th November 2023
- Last date for submission of application form: 07th November 2023 (4 PM)
- Entrance Test Date: 24th December 2023
- Passed Higher Secondary Education or equivalent examinations (10+2) in the relevant streams shall be eligible for admission to Undergraduate.
- Passed 10+2 examination in Science stream (PCM / PCB) with English from CBSE / HBSE or any other recognized board with minimum 50% aggregate.
- Those who have appeared for the final examination of qualifying degree and awaiting results can also apply.
- Application form is available for download on University website http://www.ranchiuniversity.ac.in/
- Candidates are advised to check their eligibility criteria before applying for admission.
- Read all instructions regarding filling up online forms available on the official website
- Entrance Fee+ Application Fee
- Gen/OBC – Rs.2500/- + Rs.300/-
- SC/ST – Rs.2000/- + Rs.300/-
- Admission will be based on the PhD Entrance Test and interview.
Entrance Test Details
- Expected Pattern based on Previous Exams
- The qualifying examination shall be of two hours duration carrying 100 marks.
- There will be 100 multiple choice objective type questions each carrying one mark. The questions shall be categorized into two groups i.e. Group A and Group B.
- Group A: Basic concept of Research Methodology, which shall have 20 questions and shall be common for all subjects.
- Group B: Understanding of the subject matter as per Post Graduation Syllabus of Ranchi University from compulsory papers of the subject concerned, which shall have 80 questions.
- The merit list will be prepared for admission to Ph.D. Programme shall be according to the roster for admission followed by Ranchi University. The minimum cut-off marks in the entrance test to qualify for admission to Ph.D. Programme shall be 50 for General and B.C. and 45 for SC/ST candidates.
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website