Ramadevi Women’s Bhubaneswar notifies Admission into M.Phil Courses 2019-20
Ramadevi Women’s University M.Phil. Admission 2019 – Ramadevi Women’s University Bhubaneswar Odisha invites online applications for admission into M. Phil Programs for the session 2019-20.
Ramadevi Women’s University M.Phil. Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Availability of Online Application Form in the University Website: 02nd July 2019
- Last Date of Submission of Online Application Form: 18th July 2019
- Last Date of Submission of Hard copy of Online Application form along with supporting documents and e-receipt: 22nd July 2019
- Date of Entrance Test: 25th July 2019 (Thursday, 11.30 AM to 12.30 PM RDWU)
- Date of Viva-Voce: 31st July 2019 (11.30 AM 01.30 P.M in Respective Depts.)
- Publication of Merit List & Waiting List for Admission: 05th August 2019
- Date of Admission (1st Selection) & Reporting of Waiting List candidates: 13th August 2019
- Merit List of reported Waitlisted Candidates: 14th August 2019
- Last Date of Admission (Final list selection): 19th August 2019
- The Rama Devi Women’s University offers M. Phil Courses in 10 departments as given below. The course duration is 01 (one) year & consists of 02 semesters.
Details of Seats in Different Departments
- Biotechnology – 08
- Commerce – 08
- Computer Science – 08
- Economics – 08
- English – 08
- Gender Studies – 08
- Hindi – 08
- Home Science – 08
- Odia – 08
- Life Science – 08
- However, the number of Seats offered for admission will be finalised on the basis of availability of supervisor
Eligibility Criteria for Ramadevi Women’s University M.Phil. Admission 2019
- Only Women Candidates can apply
- A consistently good academic career with not less than 55% marks or equivalent grade at Masters level in the concerned subject
- For M.Phil. in Biotechnology & Life Sciences (a consistently good academic career with not less than 55% marks or equivalent grade in concerned or allied subjects at Masters level in Biotechnology/Botany/Zoology/Microbiology/Life-Sciences)
- For M.Phil. in Gender Studies, consistently good academic career with not less than 55% marks in concerned or allied subjects at Masters level (Sociology/Pol.Science/History/ Economics/Geography/ Anthropology/Management/Psychology/English Language/Odia Language)
- A relaxation of 5% of marks i.e. from 55 % to 50% Marks for SC /ST/OBC and Differently abled Students.
- Admission to M. Phil. course will be made through
- Written entrance test,
- Career assessment and viva-voce.
- The written entrance test will be a qualifying test of 40 marks.
- There will be 40 multiple choice questions (MCQ) and each question will carry 1 mark.
- To qualify for the course, one has to secure at least 30% of total marks i.e. 12 for general candidates and 25% of total marks i.e. 10 for SC, ST, OBC and Differently abled candidates in the written entrance test.
- The entrance test shall consist of 50% questions from Research Methodology and rest 50% questions from the concerned Subject
- The candidates who have qualified the National Level Tests like NET, GATE, SLET, ICAR etc. are exempted from the Entrance Test. (copy of proof is to be attached with the Application form). However, the exempted candidates have to appear the viva-voce test.
- The Viva-voce test shall carry 20 marks. The test shall be conducted by the department committee consisting of 3 senior most faculty members. In case of non-availability of internal faculty members, the faculty members of other allied departments within the institution may also be included in the viva-voce panel with prior permission of the authority
- In case of a tie between two or more applicants Viva voce mark followed by PG aggregate marks and then +3 degree honours marks in the relevant subject shall be considered in that order for breaking the tie.
Reservation of Seats
- As per the Govt. of Odisha Notification Bhubaneswar. The reservation of seat for SC is 16.25 % and for the ST is 22.5%.
- The reserved seats are not interchangeable between SC/ST. In case of non-availability of candidates/applicants in one of these categories’ seats will be filled up from the candidates of the general merit list.
- One seat is to be reserved for candidates who have represented the country in the international games and sports during the last three years. In case of non-availability of such student, the reserved seat will be filled from general merit list.
Ramadevi Women’s University M.Phil. Admission 2019 Application Process
- Applicants are advised to visit the website www.rdwuniversity.nic.in
- An applicant has to submit the self-attested photocopies of the following documents/certificates with the hard copy of online application form by hand/ registered post/speed post/ in a A4 size envelope addressed to The Chairperson, PG Council, R.D.
- Women’s University, Bhubaneswar-751022 so as to reach at the University office on or before 22nd July 2019 by 05.00 PM
- The University will not be held responsible for any postal delay. Respective original Certificates have to be presented before the admission committee at the time of admission for verification.
Application Fee: Rs.500/-
- Candidates are advised NOT to use mobile phones for filling up online e-Admission form in order to avoid possible mistakes, otherwise the University will NOT be responsible for any errors.
- Step1: For Registration, the candidate should have a valid & active Mobile Number and an e-mail ID.
- Step2: For registration please click http://rdwuniversity.nic.in/candidate-registration.html (New User Registration) and provide the relevant data in appropriate fields.
- This will take the candidate to the Registration page
- Select Course Applied for from the dropdown list.
- Select a Department from the Department dropdown list.
- Select Subject From the Subject dropdown list
- Payment of Application Fee can be done through MAKE PAYMENT Link.
- Payment can be done online through Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card using SBI e-Pay.
- After successful payment through Net Banking or Credit/Debit Card using SBI e-Pay, you will get an e-Receipt generated immediately from the System containing a reference number.
Submission of hard copy:
- Mere submission of form online does not complete the application process.
- The candidate have to submit the Print out of filled in online application form along with relevant documents and a copy of e- receipt by Registered Post/Speed Post in an A4 size envelope addressed to The Chairperson, PG Council, Rama Devi. Women’s University, Vidya Vihar Bhoi Nagar, Bhubaneswar, 751022, Odisha so as to reach the University office on or before 22.07.2019 by 5 PM.
Rama Devi Women’s University, Bhubaneswar
Rama Devi Women’s University, Vidya Vihar, P.O. Bhoi Nagar, Bhubaneswar-751022, Odisha, India, Ph No. 0674 2542644, Email: email@example.com, website www.rdwuniversity.nic.in