PT BD Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak announces Entrance Exam for Admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Program 2019
PT BD Sharma University PhD Admission 2019 – Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak, from eligible and interested candidates for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Entrance Exam 2019.
See: PhD Admissions
Important Date for PT BD Sharma University PhD Admission 2019
- Availability of application forms: 18th April 2019
- Last date of receipt of applications: 15th May 2019 up to 5.00 PM
- Date of Entrance Examination (written): 26th May 2019 (Sunday)
- Time of Entrance Examination: 10.00 A.M. to 11.30 A.M.
- Date of Counseling: 1st July 2019 (9:00 AM onwards)
- Ratification by Committee to be chaired By Vice Chancellor: 15th July 2019
- Commencement of Academic Session: 01th August 2019
- Venue for ratification: Committee room, UHS, Rohtak
- Venue of Counseling: Council Room, Director’s Office, Pt.BD SPGIMS, Rohtak
No. of Seats
- Faculty in the University, Subject and Total open merit list:
- Pt. BD Sharma PGIMS, Rohtak (Faculty of Pre-Clinical Sciences) (Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry- 2 each
- PGIDS, Rohtak (Faculty of Dental Sciences)(Public Health Dentistry, Oral Pathology & Microbiology)- 1 each
- College of Pharmacy, PGIMS, Rohtak (Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences) (Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology- 2 in all
- College of Nursing, PGIMS, Rohtak (Faculty of Nursing) (Medical Surgical Nursing, Child Health Nursing, Mental Health Nursing, Community Health Nursing, OBG Nursing)- 2 in all
See: Latest Entrance Exams
Duration of Course
- Every candidate registered for Ph.D.programme shall be required to pursue his/her research work for a period of 3 years and upto a maximum of 6 years.
- The reduction in this period shall not be allowed under any circumstances.
- Female students availing maternity leave/child care leave and persons with disability (40%) may be allowed relaxation as per UGC guidelines.
Eligibility Criteria for PT BD Sharma University PhD Admission 2019
The eligibility criteria for candidates seeking admission in Ph.D. research program are mentioned as under:
- Is a citizen of India
- MD/MS/MDS/M.Pharm./ M.Sc. Nursing With at least 55% marks in aggregate in concerned subject (50% for SC/ST candidates/ OBC (non-creamy layer)/ differently abled).
- MBBS/BDS/B. Pharm./ B.Sc. Nursing with at least 55% marks in aggregate in concerned subject (50% for SC/ST candidates/ OBC (non-creamy layer)/ differently abled).
Note: The above condition shall not be applicable in the case of University appointed teachers. However, relevant Post Graduate Degree shall be mandatory for enrollment for Ph.D. degree of Pt. BDS University of Health Sciences, Rohtak. The research topic and the Supervisor will be decided by the Doctoral Committee.
See: Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
PT BD Sharma University PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Application Form and Prospectus can be downloaded from the University Website: www.uhsr.ac.in
- The application form duly complete in all respects and filled in the candidate’s own handwriting should reach the office of the Controller of Examinations, Pt. B.D. Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak on or before 15th May 2019 up to 5.00 P.M. It can be delivered either personally or be sent under Registered Post. Candidates already in employment should send their application form duly forwarded through proper channel. Incomplete application form or application received in the University after the closing date and time will not be considered. The University takes no responsibility for any postal delay in the receipt or loss of application in transit.
- Application form and prospectus can also be downloaded from the University website i.e. www.uhsr.ac.in and submitted along with the demand draft of Rs. 3000/- (Rs. 750/- for SC/BC candidates having Haryana domicile) drawn in favour of Controller of Finance, Pt. B.D. Sharma University of Health Sciences Rohtak payable at Indusind Bank, Subhash Park, Civil Lines, Rohtak (IFSC code INDB0000130)
- The candidates can also deposit the fees for application form by adding transaction charges in case of candidates from outside Rohtak, directly in University Bank Account (151000001951)
Scheme of Entrance Exam
- The Examination will be held on 26th May 2019 (tentative date) from 10.00 A.M. to 11:30 A.M. at (to be notified), Rohtak.
- The candidates who secure less than 55% marks (50% forSC/ST reserved categories) in the Entrance Examination shall not be eligible for admission to the Ph.D.Courses whatsoever.
- Admission would be made strictly on the basis of merit of the eligible candidates determined by marks obtained in the Research entrance Test (RET) which will be of one and half hours duration comprising of 100 multiple choice questions carrying 100 marks.
- The syllabus for RET exam shall consist of 50% research methodology and 50% shall be subject concerned. Candidate must secure 55% marks to qualify RET (50% for SC/ST candidates).The candidates will be provided with a sealed Test Question Booklet and an OMR Answer-Sheet. The seal will be opened by the candidate on the announcement by the invigilator and not before that time. The candidates are required to carefully read the instruction sheet on the Test Question Booklet before attempting. The method of marking responses will be clearly indicated on the instruction sheet.
PT BD Sharma University PhD Admission Process 2019
- The University shall make admission to pre-Ph.D. course strictly in order of merit obtained in RET-2019 entrance examination.
- The merit list for admission to Pre- Ph.D. course shall be prepared by the university.
- Admission Committee will be constituted by the university.
- The duration of the Pre- Ph.D.course will be of one semester (six months).
- University shall arrange for orientation program for pre-Ph.D. course as per UGC guidelines and conduct examination for course work. The qualifying marks in each paper of the course work shall be 50%. There shall be uniform pattern of all subjects in the university.
Pt. B.D. Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak
Pt. B.d. Sharma University of Health Sciences Rohtak- 124001 (Haryana), Enquiry Contact: 282113, 280051, 282709, Website:www.uhsr.ac.in