Pondicherry University announces Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Admission 2023 June Session, Apply now
Pondicherry University PhD Admission 2023 – Pondicherry University invites application for admission to PhD Program in various subjects for the academic year 2023 (June Session).
Pondicherry University PhD Admission 2023
- Application Process Opens on : 08th June 2023
- Application Process Closed on : 29th June 2023
Eligibility Criteria for Pondicherry University PhD Admission 2023
- Only those candidates who have qualified the National Eligibility Test conducted by UGC/ CSIR or such other National Level examination recognized by the University as equivalent, and awarded a Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for pursuing doctoral research are eligible. In case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/Minorities/ any other reserved categories, admission test is waived off provided such candidates have qualified in the National Level Exam/Test conducted by a government agency and awarded fellowship for pursuing doctoral research.
Educational Qualification (Ph.D. Full-time)
- Candidates who have studied under 10+2+3+2 pattern of education (or 10+2+5) and qualified for the Master’s Degree in the subject concerned or in an allied subject and have qualifications as prescribed by the regulations for the subject concerned under all the Schools/ Departments/ Centres of Humanities and Social Sciences, Management, Commerce, Science, Education, Fine Arts and Languages and such other disciplines of Pondicherry University, or a degree accepted as equivalent by the University securing a minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent grade).
- Candidates who have studied under 10+2 pattern of education and qualified for the Master’s degree in the Schools/ Faculty of Law, Engineering and Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary Science or the degree of Doctor of Medicine or Master of Surgery in the Faculty of Medicine/Dentistry/Paramedical of this University or any other University, through regular full time study, recognized by this University securing a minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent grade).
- Candidates who have studied under 10+2 pattern of education and qualified for the Degree of Master of Science of three-year duration in the School/ Faculty of Medicine of this University or of any other university recognized by this University securing a minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent grade).
- Candidates of Indian origin or overseas students who have qualified for a Master’s degree of an accredited overseas university securing a minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent grade).
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade is allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/differently-abled categories.
- Application forms are to be submitted online through the University website www.pondiuni.edu.in
- All columns should be filled correctly and unambiguously.
- While filling in the qualification and marks, care should be taken to provide the relevant marks/ grades.
- After proper filling of the application form and payment of fee online, candidates can download their printable application from the University website by following the instructions therein.
- For other candidates : Rs. 1000/-
- For SC*/ST* : Rs. 500/-
- For PH**/Transgender** : Nil
- Mode of Payment : Through Online
- Based on the presentation and interview conducted by the concerned Departments / Centres.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website