Periyar University announces Admission to MPhil and PhD Program 2019
Periyar University MPhil PhD Admission 2019 – Applications are invited from interested candidates for admission into MPhil and PhD admission Programme through Entrance Test for July Session of the academic year of 2019-20
Periyar University MPhil PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date for submission of online application: 24th June 2019
- Last date for submission of the printed version of the online application: 28th June 2019
- Hall ticket download date: 03rd July 2019
- Date of Common Entrance Test: 06th July 2019
See: M.Phil Admission
Eligibility Criteria for Periyar University MPhil PhD Admission 2019
- Candidates who have qualified for Post Graduate Degree of this University or any other University recognized by the Syndicate as equivalent thereto shall be eligible to register for the Degree of Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) in their respective subjects and undergo the prescribed course of study in an approved institution or Department of this university. Candidates who have qualified for their Post Graduate Degree on or after 01st January 1991 shall be required to have obtained a minimum of 55% of marks in their respective Post Graduate Degrees to become eligible to register for the degree of the Master of Philosophy and undergo the prescribed course of study in an approved institution or Department of this university. For the candidates belonging to SC/ST community and those who have qualified for the Master’s degree before 01.01.1991 the minimum eligibility marks shall be 50% in their Master’s Degree.
- Eligibility for the purpose of admission to PhD programme a candidate should have obtained a Master Degree with not less than 55% of marks or an equivalent grade. For the candidates belonging to SC/ST/ OBC (Non-Creamy layer)/Differently abled and those who have qualified for the Master’s degree before 19th September 1991 the minimum eligibility marks shall be 50% in their Master’s Degree. Candidates can register under the following categories for the PhD programme:
- Full Time (with or without stipend of fellowship)
- Part Time (teacher or non-teacher; internal vis-à-vis external)
- Research Fellows/Research Assistants/Technical Assistants/ Project Assistants/Training officers in Extension Departments approved by the University, appointed in the Research Projects funded by recognized Agencies/ Government are also eligible to register for PhD on a full time basis in the same department provided they satisfy the eligibility criteria laid down.
- Independent Research without supervisor.
- Registration fee for SC/ST/PwD: Rs.250/- for each course
- The registration fee for all other Categories (Unreserved, OBC, etc): Rs. 500/- for each course
See: PHD Admission 2019
Periyar University MPhil PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Application can be submitted through online mode for Common Entrance Test for full time/ part time M.Phil and PhD (July Session) Programmes offered in the Departments/Affiliated Colleges/Research Institutions of Periyar University for the Academic year 2019-20. NET/SET/GATE qualified need not apply for common entrance test.
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification
Salem – 636011, Phone: 0427-2345766, 2345857 Fax: 0427-2345124, Email: registrarperiyar@.com