Periyar UniversitySalem Admission Notification for Three Year B.Ed. Programme (Part-Time) 2019-22
Periyar University B.Ed Admission 2019 – Department of Education, Periyar University, Salem (Tamil Nadu) has invited applications for the eligible candidates for admission into 3 years B.Ed Program (Part Time) for the academic year 2019-2020.
Candidates can check the complete information of Periyar University B.Ed Admission 2019 like application process, eligibility criteria, selection process etc. through this page below.
Also See : B.Ed Admissions
Dept. of Education
- Department of Education was started in the year 2005 with the approval of UGC and SRC-NCTE.
- The dept. offers M.Ed. Programme which was recognized by National Council for Teacher Education-Southern Regional Committee.
- The Department also offers M.Ed., M.Phil. (FT/PT/Week-end) and PhD (FT/PT) programmes and it has three fold functions viz., Teaching, Research and Extension activities.
Periyar University B.Ed Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Application Forms Issuing Date: 01st July 2019
- Last Date for Submission of filled in Application Form: 15th August 2019
Also See : Admission Notifications
B.Ed. Part-Time Program
- The Bachelor of Education (Part – Time), known as B.Ed., is a professional program prepares teachers for various levels of schooling namely, upper primary or middle level (classes VI-VIII), Secondary level (classes IX-X), and higher secondary level (classes XI-XII).
- This program offers in a staggered manner during a period of three years, combining face-to-face teaching with school internship and school-based activities.
- The B.Ed. (part-time) Program shall be of duration of three academic years, which can be completed in a maximum period of five years from the date of admission to the programme.
Medium of Instruction
- The medium of instruction is in Tamil and English. The student teachers are allowed to prepare their assignments, practical records and the term examinations are either in English or Tamil.
Eligibility Criteria for Periyar University B.Ed Admission 2019
- Upper Primary and Secondary Schools teachers who are in service as full time teacher for at least two years at the time of applying and who shall continue to be in-service during the entire duration of the program.
- The applicant shall be required to furnish a certificate to this effect from the Head of the school where he/ she is employed.
- The school teachers with UG degree in 10+2+3/4 Pattern (for OC-50%, BC -45%, MBC- 43%, and SC/ST – 40%) in the following subjects: Tamil, English, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Geo-Physics, Bio-Physics, Electronics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Applied Chemistry, Botany, Environmental Science, Bio-Technology, Plant Biology, Zoology, Micro-Biology, History, Geography, Applied Geography, Computer Science, Computer Application and Information Technology Engineering.
- The school teachers with Postgraduate degree in Home Science, Economics, Commerce, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Logic, Indian Culture and Philosophy.
- Admission will be made as per the reservation policy/ rules prescribed by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- Admission shall be made on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination and / or in the entrance test or any other selection process as per the policy of Government of Tamilnadu and Periyar University.
Periyar University B.Ed Admission 2019 Application Process
- Application & Prospectus can be downloaded from the Website www.periyaruniversity.ac.in
Submission of Application Form
- The filled in application form should be submitted/ sent to “The Professor and Head, B.Ed., Part Time, Department of Education, Periyar University, Salem-636011, Tamil Nadu”, so as to reach the University on or before 15th August 2019, 5 pm.
- The envelope should superscribed as “Application for Admission to 3 years B.Ed. (Part– Time) Programme”. The Candidate is requested to submit photocopies of the relevant documents duly attested by a Gazetted Officer / self-attested along with application form.
- Mode of Payment: Application fee Rs.500/- should be paid only by demand draft/challan dated after the issue of the advertisement in favour of The Registrar, Periyar University, Salem – 11. SC/ST candidates are exempted from the payment of the Application/Registration fee for the programme.
- The photocopy of the community certificate should be enclosed along with the application. Students should write their name, complete address and programme for which applied in block letters on the reverse of the demand draft/challan.
Periyar University, (NAAC A Grade–State University–NIRF Rank 68), Salem-636011, Tamil Nadu, India, Phone: 0427-2345766, Website www.periyaruniversity.ac.in