University of North Bengal (NBU) announces Master of Library and Information Science (M.Lib.I.Sc.) Admission 2019-20
North Bengal University M.Lib.I.Sc. Admission 2019 – Dept. of Library & Information Science, University of North Bengal applications are invited for admission to 1st Semester of Master of Library and Information Science (M.Lib.I.Sc.) Course for the session 2019-20 through online system during the period from 21th September 2019 (00.00 hrs.) to 25th September 2019 [12.00 noon].
About the NBU
- The University of North Bengal was established on 1st November 1962. It is situated at Raja Rammohunpur, named after the illustrious son of India, Raja Rammohun Roy, on National Highway No. 31 (Ten K.M. from Siliguri and Three K.M from Bagdogra Airport)
Also See : Admissions Notification 2019
Subjects of Study
- Master of Library and Information Science.
- The System of Examinations is divided into four Semesters with the provisions of continuing evaluation. Exams are held at the end of each Semester.
- Commencement of submission of Online Application: 21st September 2019
- Last date of submission of Online Application: 25th September 2019
- Last date of making payment of Online Application Fees: 25th September 2019
- Postgraduates, Honours Graduates and General Graduates in any stream from any recognized University with Bachelor of Library and Information Science shall be eligible to apply for admission.
- Candidates passed in Bachelor of Library and Information Science course, three years prior to current academic session shall not be eligible to seek admission into Master of Library and Information Science course (e.g., candidate passing Bachelor of Library and Information Science exam in 2015 or before shall not be eligible for admission in Master of Library and Information Science course of the session 2019-20)
- Provided that in all cases such admission shall be subject to conditions and procedure to be laid down by the Executive Council or by such other authority as may be empowered by the Executive Council in this regard.
- Admission to all courses shall be made on the basis of such principles of selection as may be laid down.
- A student admitted to one Department will not be allowed to take transfer to any other Dept.
- Those who will be declared eligible for admission shall have to pay all charges required for admission within a time limit as may be fixed. They have to submit two Undertaking(s) towards curbing the menace of ragging (one signed by the candidate & another one signed by the Parent/Guardian), to this office at the time of admission which will remain in force during the whole tenure of the course of study.
- If a student selected for admission does not get himself/herself admitted within the specified time he/she will forfeit his/her claim for admission.
Tuition Fees & Other Charges
- Students will have to pay the fees as prescribed by the concerned Statute, Ordinance & Regulations at the time of admission through online admission portal.
- English shall be the medium of instruction and Examination.
Scholarship & Grants
- Free and half-free studentship are awarded. Applications will be invited in this connection by separate notification in due time.
- The eligible SC/ST, OBC, PWD students etc. should submit their scholarship form for the academic year by February for processing scholarship to SC/ST, OBC, PwD etc. each year.
- Online application for admission in MLIS course is mandatory for all potential incumbents. Candidates are instructed to visit https://www.nbu.ac.in for detail information regarding online application.
- A student who wants to join this University on migration from another University shall have to submit a Migration Certificate and Registration Fee of Rs.250/- within one month from the date of admission.
- Filled-in application forms along with the self-attested copies of mark sheets; certificates etc. are to be submitted to the office of the undersigned.
Cost of Online Application Fee
- Rs.150/- for general candidates and Rs.60/- for SC/ST/OBC of the State of West Bengal and BPL/PwD candidates only on production of relevant certificates.
- N.B. Fees are subject to such modification as may be deemed necessary by the appropriate authority, Raja Rammohunpur, P.O. North Bengal University, Dist. Darjeeling, Pin-734013 or Secretary, Faculty Council for PG Studies in Arts, Commerce and Law, University of North Bengal.
For detailed information regarding eligibility, submission of online application form and fees visit the University website www.nbu.ac.in.
University of North Bengal
- Dept. of Library & Information Science, North Bengal University, Raja Rammohanpur, Darjeeling, West Bengal, Pin-734013, Phone: +91 0353-2776328, Website www.nbu.ac.in