SVKM’s NMIMS Mumbai announces Admission to PhD Program in Law for 2023 session, Apply now
NMIMS PhD in Law Admission 2023 – SVKM’s NMIMS Deemed to be University Kirit P. Mehta School of Law, Mumbai Campus invites applications from the eligible candidates for admission into Ph.D. in Law Program for the academic session 2023.
NMIMS PhD in Law Admission 2023
- Program: Ph.D. in Law
- Duration : Minimum 3 years and Maximum 6 years (including course work)
- In Take Capacity: – 10 seats
- Online Registration on website www.nmims.edu Monday, 16th January 2023
- Last date of online Registration Sunday, 16th July 2023
- Call letters available on website for Written Test & PI: 19th July 2023
- Conduct of Written test (Timing 11:00 am to 12:00 noon): 22nd July 2023
- Conduct of Personal Interview (2 pm onwards): 22nd July 2023
- Result – Declaration of Merit List (after 5.00 p.m.) candidate need to check
- from their dashboard: 28th July 2023
- Document upload & Payment of Admission fees 29th July to 3rd August 2023
- Commencement of Program: 5th August 2023
- Closure of Admission / Last date of admission: 21st August 2023
- Candidates for admission to the programme shall have a Master’s degree in Law (LL.M) or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree in Law (LL.M) by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- Ph.D. in Law is a full time program. All students will have to complete Pre-Ph.D. course work. On successful completion of Pre-Ph.D. course work student will be registered for Ph.D.
- Those candidates who have obtained their degree by doing a part-time course or through distance learning, correspondence courses, externally, open school from recognized University are eligible to apply and register as per UGC guidelines.
- Candidates appearing or awaiting for final year result are also eligible to apply. Candidates are required to submit all mark sheet/s / certificates at the time of admission.
- Candidates are required to submit Graduation & Master’s degree all mark sheets of all years, also AIU Certificate (University Equivalence) is mandatory for those candidates who have completed their graduation/post-graduation from Overseas Universities.
- Candidates visit www.nmims.edu for online registration
- Before filling the online form, please read all the instructions carefully mentioned in the instruction sheet, important dates and also Terms & Condition given in the online application form.
- Online Registration Fee of Rs. 2500/- plus applicable taxes (Please refer online registration for payment details.)
- Registration Fee is non-refundable.
- The candidate must have passed the Entrance Test conducted by the University. OR
- The candidate is qualified in UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/GATE/ M.Phil. for Law examination of the apex bodies in higher/technical professional education or other equivalent examination.
- 300 marks in total – each question carries 2 Marks – no negative marking
- There will be a total compulsory 150 questions only, in the form of MCQ and all need to be answered.
- Paper 1 is common and compulsory for every candidate. Paper 1 will have 50 questions worth 100 marks. Paper 1 syllabus has 10 units and exactly 5 questions will be asked from each unit. Syllabus for
- Paper 1 is described below:
- Unit-I Teaching Aptitude
- Unit-II Research Aptitude
- Unit-III Comprehension
- Unit-IV Communication
- Unit-V Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude
- Unit-VI Logical Reasoning
- Unit-VII Data Interpretation
- Unit-VIII Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Unit-IX People, Development and Environment
- Unit-X Higher Education System
- Paper 2 will have 100 questions worth 200 marks. Paper 2 syllabus has 10 units. Syllabus for Paper 2 is described below:
- SUBJECT: LAW
- Unit – I: Jurisprudence
- Unit – II: Constitutional and Administrative Law
- Unit – III: Public International Law and IHL
- Unit – IV: Law Of Crimes
- Unit – V: Law Of Torts And Consumer Protection
- Unit – VI: Commercial Law
- Unit – VII: Family Law
- Unit – VIII: Environment And Human Rights Law
- Unit – IX: Intellectual Property Rights And Information Technology Law
- Unit – X: Comparative Public Law And Systems Of Governance
- Both the papers in the admission test component shall be held in the duration of 3 hours.
For more details and apply please visit the official website