|PhD Buzz: Join the VIP Club for Instant Updates on Admissions and Entrance Exams!|
National Law School of India University Bengaluru announces Admission to Research Degree Programs 2023, Apply now
NLSIU PhD Admission 2023 – Applications are invited by National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bengaluru in the prescribed format for admission to Research Degree Programs (PhD) for the Academic year 2023
NLSIU PhD Admission 2023
- Ph.D. in Law
- Ph.D. (Interdisciplinary) Program
- The candidate shall complete a minimum of three years’ research in their chosen subject, including the mandatory course work as provided in the Ph.D Regulations
- The maximum duration of the Ph.D programme shall be six years, subject to the fulfillment of the requirements per the regulations.
- Last Date for submitting application: 06th April 2023 (11:59 PM)
- Date of Examination: 30th April 2023 – 02:00 PM
- Mode of Examination : Offline Paper Based (* Subject to COVID conditions)
For PhD in Law
- Candidates having LL.M. Degree (regular mode) from a recognized University securing an aggregate of 55% marks or its equivalent grade (50% of marks or its equivalent grade in case of SC/ST/PWD).
For Ph.D (Interdisciplinary) Program
- A master’s degree in any discipline through regular mode with a minimum of 55% or equivalent grade (50% of marks or its equivalent grade in case of SC/ST/PWD), and a Bachelor’s in Law (LL.B.) degree from a recognized University through regular mode; or
- A candidate having passed the Company Secretaryship examination conducted by the ICS in India and having been awarded Associate Membership of the Institute (ACS), and a Bachelor’s in Law (LL.B.) degree from a recognized University through regular mode; or
- A candidate having passed the Chartered Accountants examination conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants and having been awarded Membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants, and a Bachelor’s in Law (LL.B.) degree from a recognized University through regular mode.
- Eligible Candidate can apply online on the NLS Website www.nls.ac.in or https://admissions.nls.ac.in/phd/
- Duly filled in applications along with their relevant credentials and the details of fee paid shall be submitted online.
- Application fee of Rs. 3000/- to be paid online
- Candidates will be selected by the PGDC upon consideration of the marks obtained by each candidate in the admissions test, the written research proposal and the oral presentation.
- There shall be a national-level entrance examination. The examination will consist of the following:
- Research Aptitude – 50 marks
- Contemporary developments in the field of law and society –50 marks
- Specific questions in Law – 50 marks
- Candidates securing not less than 50% marks in the admissions test will qualify for an oral presentation before a panel of experts on the date specified by the University.
For more details and apply please visit the official website