National Law School of India University Bengaluru announces Admission to Research Degree Programs 2022, Apply now
NLSIU PhD Admission 2022 – Applications are invited by National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bengaluru in the prescribed format for admission to Research Degree Programs (PhD) for the Academic year 2022
- Ph.D. in Law
- Ph.D. (Interdisciplinary) Program
- The candidate shall complete a minimum of three years’ research in their chosen subject, including the mandatory course work as provided in the Ph.D Regulations
- The maximum duration of the Ph.D programme shall be six years, subject to the fulfillment of the requirements per the regulations.
NLSIU PhD Admission Dates 2022
- Last Date for submitting application: 26th March 2022 (11:59 PM)
- Date of Examination: 24th April 2022 – 02:00 PM
- Mode of Examination : Offline Paper Based (* Subject to COVID conditions)
NLSIU PhD Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022
For PhD in Law
- Candidates having LL.M. Degree (regular mode) from a recognized University securing an aggregate of 55% marks or its equivalent grade (50% of marks or its equivalent grade in case of SC/ST/PWD).
For Ph.D (Interdisciplinary) Program
- A master’s degree in any discipline through regular mode with a minimum of 55% or equivalent grade (50% of marks or its equivalent grade in case of SC/ST/PWD), and a Bachelor’s in Law (LL.B.) degree from a recognized University through regular mode; or
- A candidate having passed the Company Secretaryship examination conducted by the ICS in India and having been awarded Associate Membership of the Institute (ACS), and a Bachelor’s in Law (LL.B.) degree from a recognized University through regular mode; or
- A candidate having passed the Chartered Accountants examination conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants and having been awarded Membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants, and a Bachelor’s in Law (LL.B.) degree from a recognized University through regular mode.
NLSIU PhD Admission Application Process 2022
- Eligible Candidate can apply online on the NLS Website www.nls.ac.in or https://admissions.nls.ac.in/phd/
- Duly filled in applications along with their relevant credentials and the details of fee paid shall be submitted online.
- Application fee of Rs. 3000/- to be paid online
- Candidates will be selected by the PGDC upon consideration of the marks obtained by each candidate in the admissions test, the written research proposal and the oral presentation.
- There shall be a national-level entrance examination. The examination will consist of the following:
- Research Aptitude – 50 marks
- Contemporary developments in the field of law and society –50 marks
- Specific questions in Law – 50 marks
- Candidates securing not less than 50% marks in the admissions test will qualify for an oral presentation before a panel of experts on the date specified by the University.
For more details and apply please visit the official website