National Institute of Technology, Rourkela announces Admission to PhD Program in Autumn Semester of AY 2021-22 under Poverty Alleviation Research Centre
NIT Rourkela PhD Under PARC Admission 2021 – Applications are invited online from eligible candidates for admission to PhD Program under Poverty Alleviation Research Centre (PARC). Initially there is opening for two (2) PhD students for admission in the Centre in Autumn semester of the Academic Year 2021-22, one each in the Departments of Mathematics and Humanities & Social Sciences.
- Mathematics (MA) : Numerical Analysis/Statistics/ Financial Mathematics/Artificial Intelligence/Machine Intelligence/Soft Computing
- Humanities and Social Sciences (HS) : Economics/ Development Studies/ Statistics
NIT Rourkela PhD Under PARC Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Application form will be available in the Institute website for online submission : 29th July 2021 (Thursday) to 09th August 2021 (Monday)
- Publication of result of scrutiny in the website (announcement section) : 11th August 2021 (Wednesday)
- Test and/ Interview (through online mode) For MA : 13th August 2021 (Friday)
- Test and/ Interview (through online mode) For HS : 14th August 2021 (Saturday)
- Publication of result of Interview in the website : 17th August 2021 (Tuesday)
- Admission (online mode) : 20th August 2021 (Friday)
- Semester Registration : 23rd August 2021 (Monday)
- Starting of Class / Research work : 23rd August 2021 (Monday)
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Rourkela PhD Under PARC Admission 2021
- The minimum qualification required for admission to Ph. D Programs is the following:
- Mathematics : M. Sc. in Mathematics/Applied Mathematics/Statistics/ Mathematics and Computing/Operations Research with CGPA 7.0 or 65 percent marks in relevant disciplines.
- Humanities & Social Sciences (HS) : M.A. /M. Sc. in Economics/ Development studies/ Statistics in Social Science with CGPA 6.5 or 60 percent marks or 1st class in relevant disciplines.
- In addition to the above eligibility criteria, following additional criteria will also be applicable:-
- A candidate should score a minimum 60% marks or 6.5/10 CGPA or 1st class throughout their career to be eligible for admission to Ph. D Programme. The DRC, however, may make one exception (marks <60% or Grade < 6.5/10) at its discretion from among the results of 10th, +2, B.Sc. (except qualifying degree) if the candidate has qualified GATE/NET or other national level fellowship tests like DST-INSPIRE, RGNF etc.
- Candidates with Economics and Development studies in minimum qualification and Mathematics/statistics in +2 level will be preferred for Sl. No. – 2.
NIT Rourkela PhD Under PARC Admission 2021 Application Process
- Interested candidates satisfying the eligibility criteria may submit their online application at http://eapplication.nitrkl.ac.in.
- The applicants are advised to: Read this advertisement and the instructions to fill up the online application form given in the online portal carefully.
- Fill up the online application form and choose the studentship category as Project Scholar (JRF/SRFetc.) Enter the SB Collect Reference Number in the appropriate column of the Application Fee section and submit the same.
- Application Fee : Rs. 500/-
- Mode of Payment : Through SBI Collect only
- Selection will be made on the basis of academic records, relevance of qualification, interest in the research area mentioned above and performance of the candidate in test and/or interview.
- Therefore, merely attending tests and/or interviews does not guarantee admission.
- Under this Programmeme the selected Ph.D. students will be paid fellowship @ Rs. 31,000/- per month by PARC for the first two years. After two years, fellowship may be extended subject to the fund availability and satisfactory performance.
- Payment of fellowship will be effective from date of enrollment (i.e. date of registration to the first semester) or starting date of biometric attendance whichever is later, but will be paid only after submission of all required documents by the scholars.
- However, fellowship will NOT be awarded to candidates above 32 years of age for PhD (35 years for SC/ST, and women candidates with at least one child) on the closing date of receipt of application
For more details and apply, please visit the official website