National Institute of Technology (NIT) Patna announces Admission to PhD Program for Odd Semester (July-Dec 2021)
NIT Patna PhD Admission 2021 – National Institute of Technology (NIT) Patna invites application for admission to PhD Program offered by various departments through Institute Online Interview during Odd Semester (July-Dec’ 2021) for the Session 2021-22.
Interested candidates can check complete detail on NIT Patna PhD Admission 2021 from the page below and apply for the same on or before July 22, 2021.
PhD Program Offered
- Architecture: Civil Engineering
- Computer Sci. Eng.: Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Eng.: Mechanical Engineering
- Physics: Chemistry
- Mathematics: Humanities and Social Sciences
- Full Time PhD Program
- Part-time PhD Program
- JRF/SRF working at NIT Patna
- Non-PhD for JRF/SRF and Enrolment in PhD programs as a part time research Scholar
NIT Patna PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Last date of online application 22nd July 2021 11:00AM
- Provisional list of candidates for interview 23rd July 2021, 5:00 PM
- Online Interview for eligible candidates (Full Time/Part Time/JRF/SRF): 27th July 2021
- Merit List of selected candidates: 30th July 2021
- Admission in 1st Semester: 04th August 2021
- Course Enrollment: 24th August 2021
- Commencement of Classes: 27th August 2021
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Patna PhD Admission 2021
- Master Degree or equivalent degree in relevant and related discipline, with at least 6.5 CGPA (in the scale of 10) or 60% marks in aggregate from a recognized technical institute or university.
- Master Degree or equivalent degree from IITs/NITs/CFTI/SFTI or Central/State University in relevant discipline are required to produce a proof of having qualified GATE/JAM/JEST/CAT or equivalent national eligibility test while taking admission in the master degree in the relevant discipline OR has qualified in one of the national eligibility test
- Sponsored candidates are exempted from GATE/NET/National level test qualifications
- Minimum CGPA/ marks % shall be relaxed by 0.5 CGPA or 5% in case of candidates belonging to the SC/ST/PwD categories in all cases.
NIT Patna PhD Admission 2021 Application Procedure
- Candidates are advised to apply only through online through NIT Patna website http://www.nitp.ac.in/
- After submission of only application, application should download the printed application for future reference.
- Read all the instructions regarding filling up online forms, and admission to the courses are detailed before filling up the application form available on the official website.
- For General/OBC/EWS/Sponsored Category – Rs.1500/-
- For SC/ ST/ PwD Category – Rs.500/-
- Mode of Payment – Online through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking
- Admission to the PhD program shall be made by the Institute based on minimum eligibility criteria for the program and selected after evaluation of the candidate in the online Screening Test and/or selection Interview conducted by the respective admission Committee.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website