National Institute of Technology (NIT) Patna announces Admission to PhD Program 2022 Even Semester , Apply now
NIT Patna PhD Admission – National Institute of Technology (NIT) Patna invites application for admission to PhD Program offered by various departments through Institute Admission Test and/or Interview for the academic session 2022-23 (Even Semester)
NIT Patna PhD Admission 2022
PhD Program Offered
- Architecture and Planning
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Eng.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Full Time PhD Program
- Part-time PhD Program
- JRF/SRF working at NIT Patna
- Non-PhD regular faculty and faculty appointed on consolidated salary of NIT Patna
- Last date of online application: 22nd June 2022
- Display of list of eligible candidates for Admission Test on Institute’ website : 24th June 2022
- Admission Test: 28th June 2022
- Result of Written Admission Test : 30th June 2022
- Interview for eligible candidates (Full Time/Part Time/JRF/SRF): 04th – 07th July 2022
- Merit List of selected candidates: 12th July 2022
- Admission and Registration in 1st Semester : 22nd – 23rd July 2022
- Commencement of Classes: 28th July 2022
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Patna PhD Admission 2022
- M.Tech/ M.E. /M.Arch/M.Planing/M.Design/M.Sc/M.Com/MBA/MA or equivalent degree in relevant and related discipline, with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks in aggregate from a recognized technical institute or university. Previous degrees may also be in related disciplines.
- Candidates with M.Tech/ M.E. /M.Arch/M.Planing/M.Design/M.Sc/M.Com/MBA/MA or equivalent degree from IITs/NITs/CFTI/SFTI or Central / State University in relevant discipline are required to produce a proof of having qualified GATE/NET score card while taking admission. The sponsored candidates are exempted from GATE/NET Test qualification.
- B.Tech/BE B.Arch or equivalent degree in relevant discipline with First Class, if not specifically mentioned by the Institution, then 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA with a valid GATE/NET qualifying score is mandatory. The sponsored candidates are exempted from GATE/NET Test qualification.
- The minimum CGPA marks percentage shall be relaxed by 0.5 CFPA or 5 percent in case of candidates belonging to the SC/ST/PwD categories in all classes.
- All candidates are advised to apply only through online on NIT Patna website http://www.nitp.ac.in on or before 22nd June 2022,. Application fees need to be paid online through the Institute website only.
- After submission of only application, application should download the printed application for future reference.
- Read all the instructions regarding filling up online forms, and admission to the courses are detailed before filling up the application form available on the official website.
- For General/OBC/EWS/Sponsored Category: Rs.1500/-
- For SC/ ST/ PwD Category: Rs.750/-
- Mode of Payment: Online through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking
- Admission to the PhD program shall be made by the Institute based on minimum eligibility criteria for the program and selected after evaluation of the candidate in the online Screening Test and/or selection Interview conducted by the respective admission Committee.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website