National Institute of Technology (NIT) Patna announces Admission to PhD Program 2022 Even Semester, Apply now
NIT Patna PhD Admission 2022 – National Institute of Technology (NIT) Patna invites application for admission to PhD Program offered by various departments through Institute Admission Test and/or Interview during Even Semester (Jan – June 2023) for the academic session 2022-23
NIT Patna PhD Admission 2022
PhD Program Offered
- Architecture and Planning
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Eng.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Full Time PhD Program
- Part-time PhD Program
- JRF/SRF working at NIT Patna
- Non-PhD regular faculty and faculty appointed on consolidated salary of NIT Patna
- Last date of online application: 07th December 2022
- Display of list of eligible candidates for Admission Test on Institute’ website : 08th December 2022
- Admission Test: 18th December 2022
- Result of Written Admission Test : 19th December 2022
- Interview for eligible candidates (Full Time/Part Time/JRF/SRF): 20th – 22nd December 2022
- Merit List of selected candidates: 26th December 2022
- Admission and Registration in 1st Semester : 29th December 2022 to 2nd January 2023
- Commencement of Classes: 05th January 2023
- Candidates with following qualification will be eligible for admission to the Ph. D. Programme of the Institute.
- M. Tech./ M. E./ M. Arch/ M. Planning/M. Design or equivalent degree in relevant and related discipline, with at least 6.5 CGPA (in the scale of 10) or 60 percent marks in aggregate from a recognized technical institute or university.
- B.Tech/BE/B.Arch/MCA*/Msc./ M. Com./ MBA/ MA or equivalent degree in relevant discipline with First class, If not specifically mentioned by Me Institution, Men 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA with a valid GATE/UGCNET/ CSIR-NET sore.
- *(for CSE branch only)
- The minimum CGPA/ marks percentage shall be relaxed by 0.5, CGPA or 5 percent in case of candidates belonging to the SC/ ST/PwD categories in all cases.
- All Candidates are required to pdoduce a proof of having qualified GATE/UGC-NET/CSIR-NET score card at the time of submission of application form.
- The sponsored candidates are exempted from GATE/NET examination.
- The candidates who possess certificates/qualifications from any of the professional societies (such as The Institution of Engineers (India) (IE), The Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE), The Aeronautical Society of India (AeSI), The Indian institute of Chemical Engineers, Including Polymer and Environmental Group (IIChemE). The Indian Institute of Metals (IIM), The Mdlan Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE), etc. ) and have enrolled with these institutions with permanent rewgnitionup to May 31, 2013 may also be eligible to participate, as per the eligibility criteria mentoned above. However, the candidates who have enrolled with these institutions after May 31,2013, are not eligible.
- All candidates are advised to apply only through online on NIT Patna website http://www.nitp.ac.in on or before 07th december 2022,. Application fees need to be paid online through the Institute website only.
- After submission of only application, application should download the printed application for future reference.
- Read all the instructions regarding filling up online forms, and admission to the courses are detailed before filling up the application form available on the official website.
- For General/OBC/EWS/Sponsored Category: Rs.1500/-
- For SC/ ST/ PwD Category: Rs.750/-
- Mode of Payment: Online through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking
- Admission to the PhD program shall be made by the Institute based on minimum eligibility criteria for the program and selected after evaluation of the candidate in the online Screening Test and/or selection Interview conducted by the respective admission Committee.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website