National Institute of Technology (NIT) Patna announces Admission to PhD Program 2023 Even Semester, Apply now
NIT Patna PhD Admission 2023 – National Institute of Technology (NIT) Patna invites application for admission to PhD Programme through Institute Admission Test and/or Interview during Even Semester (Jan-June 2023) for the Session 2022-23 under ‘Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme for Electronics and IT: Phase-II’, Sponsored by MeitY, Govt. of India.
The details of the scheme to the PhD Program under the ‘Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme for Electronics and IT: Phase-II’ Sponsored by MeitY, Govt. of India for the Semester Jan-June 2023 -, Session 2022-23 is as under:
NIT Patna PhD Admission 2023
- Last date of online application: 14th April 2023
- Display of list of eligible candidates for Admission Test on Institute’ website :17th April 2023
- Admission Test: 24th April 2023
- Result of Written Admission Test: 24th April 2023
- Interview for eligible candidates (Full Time/Part Time/JRF/SRF): 25th April 2023
- Merit List of selected candidates: 28th April 2023
- Admission and Registration in 1st Semester : It will be notified later
- Commencement of Classes: It will be notified later
Candidates with following qualification will be eligible for admission to the PhD Programme of the Institute under the said scheme.
- M.Tech/ M.E. /M.Arch/M.Planing/M.Design/M.Sc/M.Com/MBA/MA or equivalent degree in relevant and related discipline, with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks in aggregate from a recognized technical institute or university. Previous degrees may also be in related disciplines.
- Candidates with M.Tech/ M.E. /M.Arch/M.Planing/M.Design/M.Sc/M.Com/MBA/MA or equivalent degree from IITs/NITs/CFTI/SFTI or Central / State University in relevant discipline are required to produce a proof of having qualified GATE/NET score card while taking admission. The sponsored candidates are exempted from GATE/NET Test qualification.
- B.Tech/BE B.Arch or equivalent degree in relevant discipline with First Class, if not specifically mentioned by the Institution, then 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA with a valid GATE/NET qualifying score is mandatory. The sponsored candidates are exempted from GATE/NET Test qualification.
- The minimum CGPA marks percentage shall be relaxed by 0.5 CFPA or 5 percent in case of candidates belonging to the SC/ST/PwD categories in all classes.
- All candidates are advised to apply only through online on NIT Patna website http://www.nitp.ac.in on or before 14th April 2023
- Application fees need to be paid online through the Institute website only.
- After submission of only application, application should download the printed application for future reference.
- Read all the instructions regarding filling up online forms, and admission to the courses are detailed before filling up the application form available on the official website.
- For General/OBC/EWS/Sponsored Category: Rs.1500/-
- For SC/ ST/ PwD Category: Rs.750/-
- Mode of Payment: Online through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking
- Admission to the PhD program shall be made by the Institute based on minimum eligibility criteria for the program and selected after evaluation of the candidate in the online Screening Test and/or selection Interview conducted by the respective admission Committee.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website