National Institute of Technology Meghalaya announces Admission to Full time and Sponsored (Part-time) PhD Program 2022 for (Autumn Semester)
NIT Meghalaya PhD Admission – National Institute of Technology (NIT) Meghalaya invites application for admission to the Full time and Sponsored (Part-time) PhD Program for the academic session starting in July 2022 (Autumn Semester)
Interested candidates can check out more details such as the courses offered, eligibility criteria, fees, application process and more for NIT Meghalaya PhD Admission 2022.
NIT Meghalaya PhD Admission 2022
PhD Department Available
- Civil Engineering (CE); Computer Science & Engineering (CS); Electronics & Communication Engineering (EC); Electrical Engineering (EE); Mechanical Engineering (ME); Mathematics (MA); Chemistry (CY); Physics (PH);
- Availability of online application form in the Institute Web: 12th April 2022
- Last date of filling online application: 04th May 2022
- Notification of Shortlisted Candidates for Ph.D Program: 17th May 2022
- Written Test and/or Interview: 31st May to 01st June 2022
- Display of Selected Candidates: 15th June 2022
For Full Time Scholars:
- Master’s degree in Engineering/ Science/ Technology/ Humanities and Social Sciences/ Management Sciences/ or Master’s degree in the allied subjects with consistently good academic record and a minimum of 60% (55% in case of Humanities and Social Sciences) marks or an equivalent CGPA in the Master’s degree. Candidates with B.E./ B. Tech. with an aggregate of 75% marks or equivalent GPA with valid GATE score will also be eligible
For Sponsored (Part Time) Scholars:
- Master’s degree in Engineering/ Science/ Technology/ Humanities and Social Sciences/ Management Sciences/ or Master’s degree in the allied subjects with consistently good academic record and a minimum of 60% (55% in case of Humanities and Social Sciences) marks or an equivalent CGPA in the Master’s degree. OR
- Candidates with B.E. / B. Tech. with an aggregate of 60% marks or equivalent CGPA are eligible. Relaxation for SC/ST & PH as per GOI norms.
- Employees from Industries, Corporate Houses, Research and Development (R&D) Organizations and Faculties of Senior Colleges with minimum working experience of 5 years, out of which 2 years should be from the current organization, will be eligible for applying to the Sponsored Ph.D. Programme.
- Candidate’s age should not be more than 58.
Relaxation for SC/ST/PWD Candidates:
- Eligibility criteria will be relaxed by 5% marks or 0.5 CGPA for SC/ST/PWD category applicants as per GOI Norms.
- Eligible and Interested Candidates can apply through official website https://nitm.ac.in/
Step to be fellow
- Step-I: Candidates are advised to make the application fee payment as per category (Rs. 500/ for Gen/OBC, Rs. 250/- for SC/ST and no fee for PWD). Application fees are not refundable under any circumstances.
- Step-II : Fill the online application form. After submission, print out of the online application form to be sent by email along with all scanned documents.
- Step-III: Hard copy of the application form along with payment proof with all the testimonials (self attested) to be sent by post to the mentioned address.
- For Gen/OBC : Rs. 500/-
- For SC/ST : Rs. 250/-
- For PWD : No fee
- Mode of Payment : Through State Bank Collect (SBI Collect)
- Eligible candidates may be required to appear for an online written test and/or interview in respect of his/ her discipline to be conducted by the concerned Department.
- Shortlisted candidates based on performance in the written test will be called for an interview. Both the written test and interview may be completed on the same day.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website