National Institute of Technology Meghalaya notifies Admission to PhD Sponsored (Part-Time) Program 2020 (Spring Semester)
NIT Meghalaya PhD (Sponsored) Admission 2020 – Applications are invited for admission to the Ph.D Sponsored (Part-time) Programme starting in January- 2020 (Spring 2020).
The Departments and Research Areas in which the Programme to be offered (but not limited to) are listed below
- Civil Engineering (CE); Computer Science & Engineering (CS); Electronics & Communication Engineering (EC); Electrical Engineering (EE); Mechanical Engineering (ME); Mathematics (MA); Chemistry (CY); Physics (PH); Humanities & Social Sciences (HS)
See: PhD Admissions
- Employees from Industries, reputed Corporate Houses, Research and Development (R&D) Organizations and Faculties of Senior Colleges with minimum working experience of 5 years, out of which 2 years should be from the current organization can apply for the Ph.D. Sponsored (Part-time) Programme.
NIT Meghalaya PhD (Sponsored) Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Availability of online Application form in the Institute Website: 30th September 2019
- Last date of filling online application: 30th October 2019, till 5:00 PM
- Last date for receipt of hard copy of Application by Post: 12th November 2019, till 5:00 PM
- Notification of Shortlisted candidates for Ph.D Program: 15th November 2019
- Personnel Interview: 6th Dec (Friday), 2019
- Display of Selected Candidates: 12th December 2019
See: Latest Entrance Exams Notification
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Meghalaya PhD (Sponsored) Admission 2020
- Master’s degree in Engineering/ Science/ Technology/ Humanities and Social Sciences/ Management Sciences/ or Master’s degree in the allied subjects with consistently good academic record and a minimum of 60% (55% in case of Humanities and Social Sciences) marks or an equivalent CGPA in the Master’s degree. or
- Candidates with B.E. / B. Tech. with an aggregate of 60% marks or equivalent CGPA are also NIT Meghalaya PhD (Sponsored) Admission 2020eligible.
- Candidate’s age should not be more than 58.
Relaxation for SC/ST/PWD Candidates:
- Eligibility criteria will be relaxed by 5% marks or 0.5 CGPA for SC/ST/PWD category applicants as per GOI Norms.
- Application fees of Rs. 1000/- for General/OBC and Rs. 500 for SC/ST candidates to be paid via online. No application fee to be paid by PWD candidates.
- Eligible shortlisted candidates will be required to appear in Personal Interview, which is to be conducted by the respective Departments on the scheduled date.
- For admission into the Ph.D (Part Time) Sponsored Programme, the fee structure is available at the following official link click here
NIT Meghalaya PhD (Sponsored) Admission 2020 Application Process
- STEP-I: candidates are advised to make the payment first as per category.
- STEP-II : fill the online application form.
- STEP-III: print out of online application form along with payment proof with all the testimonials (self attested) to the mentioned address.
- STEP:- I: Instructions for Payment Process using State Bank Collect (SBI Collect):
- Click on “Make Payment using SBI Collect”
- STEP II: Submission online Application Form:
- Go To the Application Form Link <click Here>
- Login the application and fill reference no assigned during the payment (example: BKIDN17007356407), payment date (example: MM/DD/YYYY) and other essential application details.
- Select category of application Sponsored(Part-time)
- If a candidate is applying for more than one department, the candidate must pay the application fee separately to both applications and submit a separate application to each department.
- Candidates are advised to check the application in all aspects before pressing the submit button. Once the application is submitted and it cannot be modified.
- The filled-up Application along with required enclosures in an A4 size envelope by mentioning “Application for PhD Sponsored (Part time) Programme in……Department” should reach to Asstt.Registrar(AA), NIT Meghalaya, Bijni Complex, Laitumkhrah, Shillong-793003, East Khasi Hills, Meghalaya on or before the last date of receipt of Application ( i.e 12th November 2019).
See: List of Entrance Exams after Graduation
National Institute of Technology Meghalaya, Bijni Complex, Laitumkhrah, Shillong-793003, Meghalaya, India, Phone: 0364-2501294, Email: email@example.com, Website http://nitmeghalaya.in