National Institute of Technology Meghalaya notifies Admission to PhD Sponsored (Part-Time) Program 2021 for Autumn Semester
NIT Meghalaya PhD Admission 2021 – National Institute of Technology (NIT) Meghalaya invites application for admission to the PhD Sponsored (Part-time) Program for the academic session starting in September 2021 (Autumn Semester).
Interested candidates can check out more details such as the courses offered, eligibility criteria, fees, application process and more for NIT Meghalaya PhD Admission 2021.
- Civil Engineering (CE); Computer Science & Engineering (CS); Electronics & Communication Engineering (EC); Electrical Engineering (EE); Mechanical Engineering (ME); Mathematics (MA); Chemistry (CY); Physics (PH); Humanities & Social Sciences (HS)
- Employees from Industries, reputed Corporate Houses, Research and Development (R&D) Organizations and Faculties of Senior Colleges with minimum working experience of 5 years, out of which 2 years should be from the current organization can apply for the Ph.D. Sponsored (Part-time) Programme.
NIT Meghalaya PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Availability of online Application form in the Institute Website: 25th March 2021
- Last date of filling online application: 04th May 2021, till 5:00 PM
- Last date for receipt of hard copy of Application by Post: 18th May 2021, till 5:00 PM
- Notification of Shortlisted candidates for Ph.D Program: 24th May 2021
- Personnel Interview: 03rd June 2021
- Display of Selected Candidates: 09th June 2021
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Meghalaya PhD Admission 2021
- Master’s degree in Engineering/ Science/ Technology/ Humanities and Social Sciences/ Management Sciences/ or Master’s degree in the allied subjects with consistently good academic record and a minimum of 60% (55% in case of Humanities and Social Sciences) marks or an equivalent CGPA in the Master’s degree. or
- Candidates with B.E. / B. Tech. with an aggregate of 60% marks or equivalent CGPA are also NIT Meghalaya PhD (Sponsored) Admission 2021eligible.
- Candidate’s age should not be more than 58.
Relaxation for SC/ST/PWD Candidates
- Eligibility criteria will be relaxed by 5% marks or 0.5 CGPA for SC/ST/PWD category applicants as per GOI Norms.
NIT Meghalaya PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- STEP-I: candidates are advised to make the payment first as per category.
- STEP-II : fill the online application form.
- STEP-III: print out of online application form along with payment proof with all the testimonials (self attested) to the mentioned address.
- STEP I: Instructions for Payment Process using State Bank Collect (SBI Collect):
- Click on “Make Payment using SBI Collect”
- STEP II: Submission online Application Form:
- Go To the Application Form Link <click Here>
- Login the application and fill a reference no assigned during the payment (example: BKIDN17007356407), payment date (example: MM/DD/YYYY) and other essential application details.
- Select category of application Sponsored(Part-time)
- If a candidate is applying for more than one department, the candidate must pay the application fee separately to both applications and submit a separate application to each department.
- Candidates are advised to check the application in all aspects before pressing the submit button. Once the application is submitted and it cannot be modified.
- The filled-up Application along with required enclosures in an A4 size envelope by mentioning “Application for PhD Sponsored (Part time) Programme in……Department” should reach to Asstt.Registrar(AA), NIT Meghalaya, Bijni Complex, Laitumkhrah, Shillong-793003, East Khasi Hills, Meghalaya on or before the last date of receipt of Application
- Application fees of Rs. 1000/- for General/OBC and Rs. 500 for SC/ST candidates to be paid via online. No application fee to be paid by PWD candidates.
- Eligible shortlisted candidates will be required to appear in Personal Interview, which is to be conducted by the respective Departments on the scheduled date.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website