National Institute of Technology (NIT) Meghalaya announces Admission to M.Sc Program 2021
NIT Meghalaya M.Sc Admission 2021 – National Institute of Technology Meghalaya (NIT Meghalaya) invites applications for admission to the 2-year M.Sc Program for academic year 2021-2022. Interested candidates can apply for the same on or before July 31, 2021 through online mode.
Programs offered & Intake Capacity
- 2-Year M.Sc. in Chemistry
- 2-Year M.Sc. in Mathematics
- 2-Year M.Sc. in Physics
- Intake Capacity: 16 in each discipline
NIT Meghalaya M.Sc Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Last Date of online Application :- 31st July 2021
- Declaration of Merit List :- To be notified
- Physical Admission :- To be notified
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Meghalaya M.Sc Admission 2021
Eligibility Criteria for Admission into M.Sc. Program through Institute Mode
- For M.Sc. in Chemistry: Must have Chemistry as Honours/Major in B.Sc. with 60% or 6.5 CGPA (out of 10) in Honours/Major in B.Sc. for general and other backward candidates and 55% or 6.0 CGPA (out of 10) for SC and ST candidates. Mathematics is compulsory in 10+2 level and must be one of the subsidiary subjects in B.Sc.
- For M.Sc. in Mathematics: Must have Mathematics or Statistics as Honours/Major in B.Sc. with 60% or 6.5 CGPA (out of 10) in Honours/Major in B.Sc. for general and other backward candidates and 55% or 6.0 CGPA (out of 10) for SC and ST candidates. Mathematics is compulsory in 10+2 level.
- For M.Sc. in Physics: B.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics (Honours/Pass) or in Electronics (Honours/Major) with Physics minor with Mathematics as one of the subsidiaries in B.Sc. Must have 60% or 6.5 CGPA (out of 10) for general and other backward candidates and 55% or 6.0 CGPA (out of 10) for SC and ST candidates. Mathematics is compulsory in 10+2 level.
- Note : In case, the result of qualifying degree is awaited, provisional admission will be permitted to a candidate subject to meeting above minimum academic requirements latest by September 15, 2021.
- The Institute reserves the right to cancel admission due to non-fulfillment of eligibility criteria by September 15, 2021.
- Result awaited candidates are encouraged to apply only if they secure at least 55% or 6 CGPA (out of 10) for general and other backward category and 50% or 5.5 CGPA (out of 10) for SC/ST categories till 5th semester/2nd year of their B.Sc. program.
NIT Meghalaya M.Sc Admission 2021 Application Process
- Candidates apply online through official website http://nitm.ac.in/
- Read carefully Application form for admission to M.Sc Program: 2021-22
- All the uploading documents should be in pdf format.
- B.Sc. certificate is not required to upload for results awaiting candidates.
- At the time of admission, original mark sheets and certificates are required to submit for verification.
- Application Fee :- Rs. 2000/- [Non-refundable]
- For SC/ST :- Rs. 1000/- [Non-refundable]
- Mode of Payment :- Through State Bank Collect (SB Collect)
- Through CCMN 2021: Admission to M.Sc. Program will be held through CCMN 2021 for JAM 2021 qualified candidates.
- Through Institute Mode: The left over seats after CCMN 2021 admission to be filled up through Institute mode.
- Merit list will be based on the weighted marks of 70% on B.Sc. Honours/Major (for result awaited candidate, marks will be considered up to 5th semester/2nd Year) and 30% on core Science subjects of class 12 exam.
For the more details and apply online visit the official website