National Institute of Technology (NIT) Jamshedpur announces Admission to PhD Program 2022, Apply now
NIT Jamshedpur PhD Admission 2022 – National Institute of Technology (NIT), Jamshedpur invites applications for admission to Full time/Part time Research Scholar for PhD Program offered by various departments of the Institute for the Spring Semester 2022-23.
NIT Jamshedpur PhD Admission 2022
Dept. offering the PhD Program
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Applications
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Production and Industrial Engineering
- Humanities, Social Sciences and Management
Categories of PhD Program
- Institute Research Scholars (Full Time)
- Sponsored Research Scholars (Full Time)
- Self Financed Research Scholars (Full Time)
- Self Financed Research Scholars (Part Time)
- Faculty/Staff/Sponsored Project Fellow of N.I.T. Jamshedpur (Part Time)
- External Registration Program (Executive PhD)
- Regular working personnel of Defence/R&D/Listed reputed companies with at least three years of experience are eligible for admission to PhD program in concerned Departments
- Advertisement on the Institute website: 18th November 2022
- Last date for receipt of application forms: 12th December 2022
- Intimation regarding Test & interview call to be uploaded on institute website: 19th December 2022
- Date of written test and interview at NIT Jamshedpur: 03rd January 2023
- Date of Announcement of Results: 06th January 2023
- Date of Admission: 12th January 2023
- Session begins from: 16th January 2023
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Jamshedpur PhD Admission 2022
- PhD in Engineering : Master Degree in relevant branch of Engineering/Technology with minimum 60% marks or equivalent CPI 6.5 OR Bachelor’s degree in relevant branch of Engineering/Technology with minimum 80 % marks or equivalent CPI 8.5.
- PhD in Sciences, Computer Applications, Humanities, Social Sciences and Management: Master’s Degree in the relevant subject with a minimum 60% marks or equivalent CPI 6.5 OR Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with minimum 80 % marks or equivalent CPI 8.5.
- The online application form and the information brochure for admission to PhD programs are available on the Institute website: www.nitjsr.ac.
- Candidates should specify broad areas of research in the application form.
- All candidates seeking admission to the Ph D program are required to fill and upload their application form (online) along with all required documents by 12/December 2022.
- For OPEN/OBC/EWS candidates : Rs. 1,000/-
- For SC/ST/PWD candidates : Rs. 500/-
- Mode of Payment : Through Online mode
- The selection procedure for admission to PhD Program is based on a consistently good academic record, written test and interview conducted by the Department. Reservations for SC/ST/OBC/ PWD/ EWS are applicable as per GOI norms.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website