NIT Hamirpur announces Admission to (Full Time/Part Time/Off Campus) PhD Program 2019
NIT Hamirpur PhD Admission 2019 – Applications are invited for PhD (Full Time/Part Time/Off Campus) admission under MHRD/JRF Scheme under Sponsored Scheme in various Departments/Centres at National Institute of Technology (NIT), Hamirpur (HP) for the academic session 2019-20
Online applications are invited till 07th June 2019 for admission to the PhD (Full Time / Part Time /Off Campus) Programme for the academic session 2019-20 as per the details given in page below.
- The PhD Programmes shall be offered in the following departments /centres – Architecture (Arch), Civil Engineering (CE); Computer Science and Engineering (CSE); Electronics and Communication Engineering (E & CE); Electrical Engineering (EE); Mechanical Engineering (ME); Chemistry; Mathematics; Management and Humanities (M&H); Centres for Energy and Environmental Engineering (CEEE); Centres for Material Science and Engineering (CMSE)
See: PHD Admission 2019
NIT Hamirpur PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Start of online application process: 15th May 2019
- Closing date of online application: 07th June 2019
- Last date of receiving hard copy of application alongwith other documents in the office of Dean (Academic), NIT Hamirpur: 14th June 2019
- Displaying list of shortlisted candidates (for presentation and interview) on Institute Website: 27th June 2019
- Presentation/interview of the candidates in respective Department/Centre: 04th July 2019 (09.00AM onwards)
- Declaration of result and issuing of Admission Letters: 11th July 2019
- Fee deposit by selected candidates:19th July 2019
- The number of seats depends upon the number of available research guides in the Institute, vacancies available with the guide and research infrastructure in the concerned Department/Centre. The following table shows maximum number of seats available in various Departments/Centres for the Academic Year 2019-20, however, it is not obligatory for the Institute or concerned Department/Centre to fill all the seats mentioned in this matrix
- Architecture – 06 Seats
- Civil Engineering – 15 Seats
- Computer Science & Engineering – 11 Seats
- Electronics & Communication Engineering – 15 Seats
- Electrical Engineering – 15 Seats
- Mechanical Engineering – 18 Seats
- Chemical Engineering – 05 Seats
- Centre for Energy & Environment Engineering – 03 Seats
- Centre for Material Science & Engineering – 05 Seats
- Chemistry – 06 Seats
- Physics – 05 Seats
- Mathematics – 07 Seats
- Management & Humanities – 08 Seats
- Total Seats: 119 for MHRD Fellowship and 102 for Others
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Hamirpur PhD Admission 2019
- PhD in Engineering/Architecture (including Centres): The applicant must have a Master Degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture in appropriate discipline with CGPI of 6.5 on a 10-point scale (or equivalent) or 60% marks in case of Open/OBC candidates in qualifying degree. Whereas in case of SC/ST candidates a CGPI of 6.0 on a 10-point scale (or equivalent) or 55% marks in qualifying degree will be applicable.
- As per various notices circulated by the AICTE all the qualifications acquired through distance mode at Bachelor and Master level in the field of Engineering/Technology and Architecture are not recognized. Such candidates with degree from distance mode may not be considered eligible.
- PhD in Applied Sciences/ Humanities & Social Sciences: The applicant must have a master degree in relevant science subject with CGPI of 6.5 on a 10-point scale (or equivalent) or 60% marks in case of Open/OBC candidates in qualifying degree. Whereas in case of SC/ST candidates a CGPI of 6.0 on a 10-point scale (or equivalent) or 55% marks in qualifying degree will be applicable. Beside this, candidates having valid NET/GATE Score are only eligible for State-I.
- PhD. in Management: The candidate must have passed Master Degree in Management i.e. MBA with minimum CGPI of 6.5 on a 10-point scale (or equivalent) or 60% marks in case of Open/EWS/OBC category. Whereas, in case of SC/ST candidates, minimum CGPI of 6.0 on a 10-point scale (or equivalent) or 55% marks in Master Degree in Management will be applicable. OR
- Qualified Professionals/Executives with Bachelor Degree in Engineering and working with corporate houses, and having five years professional experience may be considered. Such candidates must have minimum CGPI of 8.0 on a 10-point scale (or equivalent) or 75% marks in Bachelor Degree in case of Open/EWS/OBC category. Whereas, in case of SC/ST candidates, minimum CGPI of 7.5 on a 10-point scale (or equivalent) or 70% marks in Bachelor Degree will be applicable.
- PhD (Full Time) Hosteller: Rs.34100+25900; day scholar: 31400/-
- PhD (Off Campus) Hosteller: 16950/-
- PhD (NIT Faculty): 5600/-
- MHRD: Such assistantships are awarded on a semester-to-semester basis to the candidates having M. Tech. or equivalent degree for a period of up to eight semesters (depending upon the availability of funds)
- The stipend for the assistantship is paid at the approved rates as notified by AICTE/MHRD from time to time
Other Funding Agencies
- Any full time PhD student having valid JRF certificates from funding agencies such as UGC/CSIR/DST etc. of Govt. of India will be paid stipend/fellowship strictly as per terms and conditions of the funding agency
- NIT Hamirpur shall not provide any stipend/fellowship to such candidates
See: Latest Entrance Exams
NIT Hamirpur PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- The applicants have to apply online through a link available at Institute website www.nith.ac.in. No other means of application shall be allowed. A candidate has to first register with valid email Id and mobile number.
- Application processing fee of Rs.1200/- for Open/EWS/OBC and Rs.600/- for SC/ST per application is to be paid online through SBI Collect (https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect) as per the procedure mentioned (Refer to “Guidelines for Payment of Ph.D. Application Fee Through SBI Collect”)
- If a candidate is applying in more than one Department/Centre, separate application is to be submitted and processing fee is to be paid for each application.
- Before starting the online filling process, the candidates must have soft copy of recent passport size photograph and scanned copy of signature (both in JPEG format) and must have paid application fee online through SBI Collect.
- The applicant shall have to take the print of the filled in online form and paste his/her passport size photograph on it and post it along with other documents (mentioned in Section 7) to Dean (Academic), NIT Hamirpur, HP-177005, so as to reach on or before the last date (please refer to schedule in Section 10). The envelope must be super-scribed as “Application for PhD Admission in Department/Centre _________________ for Academic Year 2019-20”.
NIT Hamirpur (HP)
National Institute of Technology Hamirpur (Himachal Pradesh), (Formerly Regional Engineering College), Under Various Fellowship Schemes of Govt. of India, Website www.nith.ac.in