National Institute of Technology Goa announces Admission to PhD Programs 2023-24 (December Session), Apply now
NIT Goa PhD Admission 2023 – National Institute of Technology (NIT) Goa invites online applications for admission to PhD Programs (Full-Time(with scholarship)/Part-Time/Self-Financed/Sponsored) offered by various departments of the Institute for the academic year 2023-24 (December Semester). The National Institute of Technology Goa (NIT Goa) is a premier national-level technical institute in India established in 2010 by an act of parliament. NIT Goa is an autonomous institute functioning under the aegis of Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India, and has been declared an “Institute of National Importance.
NIT Goa PhD Admission 2023
- December Session at the following Departments of NIT Goa:
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- Department of Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE)
- Department of Civil Engineering (CVE)
- Department of Mechanical Engineering (MCE)
- Department of Applied Sciences (APS)
- Department of Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS)
PhD Program Schemes
- Full-Time (with Scholarship)
- Start of Online Application (Website Open): 29th May 2023
- Last Date for submission of Online application: 23rd June 2023
- Tentative Schedule for Written Test/Interview: 17th, 18th & 19th July 2023
- For Ph. D in Engineering and Technology (CSE, ECE, EEE, CVE, MCE): Master’s Degree in Engineering or Technology (M.E. or M.Tech.) in the relevant discipline with a minimum 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system or 60% marks in both Bachelor’s and Master’s levels from recognized Technical Institute or University. For SC/ST candidates a minimum 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system or 55% marks. Exceptional candidates (with CGPA >= 9.0) with B.Tech./B.E from a reputed Institute are also eligible to apply for the Ph.D. programme.
- For Ph. D in Applied Sciences: Master’s degree in Sciences / M. Tech. in the relevant area with a minimum 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system or 60% marks in both Bachelor’s and Master’s levels from recognized Institute or University. For SC/ST candidates a minimum 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system or 55% marks.
- For Ph. D in Humanities & Social Sciences: Master’s degree in Humanities/Social Sciences with a minimum 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system or 55% marks in both Bachelor’s and Master’s levels from recognized Institute or University. For SC/ST candidates a minimum 5.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system or 50% marks.
- Applicants must apply through the online portal http://mis.nitgoa.ac.in/PhDApplication/ only.
- Candidates are instructed to send the softcopy (PDF) of their finally submitted application (without enclosures) to [email protected] with mail subject: “Ph. D Application December 2023 – User ID”.
- Gen/OBC-(NCL)/EWS : Rs.500/-
- SC/ST/PwD Applicants : Rs.300/-
- Mode of Payment : Through Online or Offline mode
- The admission to Ph.D. Programme will be based on the criteria given below:
- a) Overall academic performance and written test conducted by the respective Department.
- b) Performance in personal interview.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
- PhD Admission and Entrance Exam Notifications 2024
- Admission Notification and Dates 2024
- Top PhD Entrance Exams in India