National Institute of Technology Goa announces Admission to PhD Programs 2022-23 (January Session), Apply now
NIT Goa PhD Admission 2022 – Applications are invited for admission to PhD Programs for the academic year 2022-23 (January Semester) at various departments of National Institute of Technology Goa.
NIT Goa PhD Admission 2022
- Department of Computer Science and Eng. (CSE); Electronics & Communications Eng (ECE); Electrical and Electronics Eng (EEE); Applied Sciences (AS); Humanities & Social Sciences (HSS)
- A student applying for more than one department will have to fill separate application forms.
PhD Program Schemes
- Full-time / Regular Scheme
- Part-time scheme
Broad Areas of Research
Computer Science and Engineering
- Full-time /Regular Scheme: Data Mining, Social Media Mining, Blockchain, Security, Spiking Neural Networks
- Part-time Scheme: Brain Computer Interface, Wireless Sensor Networks, Medical Imaging, Artificial Intelligence, Information Security, Cryptography, Security Analytics, BlockChain Technology
Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Full-time/Regular Scheme: Analog and Mixed Signal Design, Broad area of Microelectronics, Antenna, Microwave Imaging, Inverse problems, RF and Microwave, Communications
- Part-time Scheme: Broad area of Electronics & Communication Engineering
Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Full-time / Regular Scheme: Renewable Energy Systems, Power Quality Issues, Power Electronics Applications to Power Systems, Power electronics and drives, Power Electronics, Smart Grids
- Part-time Scheme: Renewable Energy Systems, Power Quality Issues, Power Electronics Applications to Power Systems
- Full-time / Regular Scheme: Mathematics: Convection, Stability, Fluid Mechanics, Bio-medical Imaging, Inverse problems, Numerical Optimization and Neural Networks.
- Part-time Scheme: Mathematics: Convection, Stability, Fluid Mechanics, Bio-medical Imaging, Inverse problems, Numerical Optimization and Neural Networks
Humanities and Social Sciences
- Full-time / Regular Scheme: Economics: Intellectual Property Rights, Innovation and Economics Development; English: Comparative Mysticism and Applied Linguistics.
- Part-time Scheme: English: Comparative Mysticism and Applied Linguistics.
- Start of Online Application (Website Open) 28th November 2022
- Last Date for submission of Online application: 19th December 2022
- TENTATIVE Schedule for Written Test*/Interview: 05th & 06th January 2023
PhD in Engineering and Technology (CSE, ECE, EEE)
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Technology (M.E. or M.Tech.) in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system or 60% marks in both Bachelor’s and Master’s levels from recognized Technical Institute or University. For SC/ST candidates a minimum 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system or 55% marks.
PhD in Applied Sciences & Humanities & Social Sciences
- Master’s degree in Sciences or Humanities / M. Tech. in relevant areas with a minimum of 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system or 60% marks in both Bachelor’s and Master’s levels from recognized Institute or University. For SC/ST candidates a minimum 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system or 55% marks.
- GATE score or CSIR/NBHM/UGC-NET qualification
- Application form and other relevant information for admission to Ph.D. program may be downloaded from the Institute website: www.nitgoa.ac.in
- Visit institute website www.nitgoa.ac.in regularly for more details and updates.
- Gen/OBC-(NCL)/EWS – Rs.500/-
- SC/ST/PwD Applicants – Rs.300/-
- Mode of Payment – Through Online or Offline mode
- The admission to Ph.D. Program will be based on the criteria given below:
- Overall academic performance and written test conducted by the respective department.
- Performance in personal interview
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website