National Institute of Technology Goa announce Admission to Ph.D. Programs 2020 (January Semester)
NIT Goa PhD Admission 2020 – Applications are invited for admission to Ph.D. programs for the academic year 2020 (January Semester) at the following departments of NIT Goa:
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Department of Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE)
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- Department of Applied Sciences (AS)
- Department of Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS)
- A student applying for more than one department will have to fill separate application forms.
Ph.D. Program schemes
- Admission to Ph.D. programmes will be in the following schemes:
- Full-time / Regular Scheme: The candidates selected under regular scheme (full-time) shall be entitled for scholarship/assistantship and HRA as per Govt. of India norms from time to time.
- Part-time scheme: Part-time Ph.D. programme is offered for working professionals from Govt. R&D Organizations /Public Sector /Industries/National Research Laboratories and for faculty members from Govt. /Govt. Aided /private Engineering/Science and Arts Colleges/Universities
NIT Goa PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Last date for receipt of duly filled application form: 27th November 2019
- Tentative date of written test / personal interview at NIT Goa: 12th & 13th December 2019
- Announcement of results: 17th December 2019
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Goa PhD Admission 2020
For Ph.D. in Engineering and Technology (CSE, ECE, EEE)
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Technology (M.E. or M.Tech.) in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system or 60% marks in both Bachelor’s and Master’s levels from recognized Technical Institute or University. For SC/ST candidates a minimum 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system or 55% marks.
For Ph.D. in Applied Sciences and Humanities & Social Sciences
- Master’s degree in Sciences or Humanities / M. Tech. in relevant area with a minimum of 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system or 60% marks in both Bachelor’s and Master’s levels from recognized Institute or University. For SC/ST candidates a minimum 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system or 55% marks.
- Candidates will be considered for Ph.D. programme in Applied Sciences and Humanities & Social Sciences departments on the basis of:
- GATE score or CSIR/NBHM/UGC-NET qualification.
Broad Areas of Research
Computer Science and Engineering:
- Full-time / Regular Scheme: Data Mining, Social Media Mining, Blockchain, Security, Spiking Neural Networks
- Part-time Scheme: Brain Computer Interface, Wireless Sensor Networks, Medical Imaging, Artificial Intelligence, Information Security, Cryptography, Security Analytics, Block Chain Technology, Neural Networks, Soft Computing, Data Science.
Electronics & Communication Engineering:
- Full-time / Regular Scheme: Analog and Mixed Signal Design, Broad area of Microelectronics, Antenna, Microwave Imaging, Inverse problems, RF and Microwave, Communications, Signal and Image Processing, Signal processing and Wireless Communication, Thermal imaging in Agriculture Technology, RF and Microwave Engineering, Dielectric Resonator Antennas
- Part-time Scheme: Broad area of Electronics & Communication Engineering
Electrical & Electronics Engineering:
- Full-time / Regular Scheme: Renewable Energy Systems, Power Quality Issues, Power Electronics Applications to Power Systems, Power electronics and drives, Power Electronics, Smart Grids
- Part-time Scheme: Renewable Energy Systems, Power Quality Issues, Power Electronics Applications to Power Systems, Power electronics and drives, Digital Signal/Image Processing, Wavelets and Filter-Banks, Biometrics, Control Systems, Smart Grids
- Full-time / Regular Scheme: Mathematics: Convection, Stability, Fluid Mechanics, Bio-medical Imaging, Inverse problems, Numerical Optimization and Neural Networks.
- Part-time Scheme: Mathematics: Convection, Stability, Fluid Mechanics, Bio-medical Imaging, Inverse problems, Numerical Optimization and Neural Networks; Physics: Photonics, Fiber Bragg Grating Sensors, Fiber Optic Sensors, Magnetic Motor
Humanities and Social Sciences
- Full-time / Regular Scheme: Economics: Intellectual Property Rights, Innovation and Economics Development; English: Comparative Mysticism and Applied Linguistics.
- Part-time Scheme: English: Comparative Mysticism and Applied Linguistics.
See: Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
- The admission to Ph.D. Programme will be based on the criteria given below:
- Overall academic performance and written test conducted by the respective department.
- Performance in personal interview
- All candidates selected for admission shall be required to deposit the requisite Institute fee and necessary original documents at the time of admission.
NIT Goa PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- The application form and other relevant information for admission to Ph.D. program may be downloaded from the Institute website: www.nitgoa.ac.in
- The duly filled application form must be enclosed with a crossed Demand Draft of Rs. 500/- for General and OBC, and Rs. 300/- for SC/ST candidates. The DD should be drawn in favor of “Director NIT Goa” payable at Ponda, Goa.
- The complete application form and should reach NIT Goa, 403401 on or before 27th November 2019
- Intimation regarding written test / personal interview shall be posted on the Institute website. No separate interview letter / communication will be sent to individual candidates.
- Visit institute website: www.nitgoa.ac.in regularly for more details and updates.
National Institute of Technology Goa, Farmagudi, Ponda, 403401, Goa- India, Telephone: 0832-2404205, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.nitgoa.ac.in