National Institute of Technology (NIT) Calicut announces Admission to M.Tech. and M.Plan. Program for Session 2021
NIT Calicut M. Tech. & M. Plan. Admission 2021 – National Institute of Technology (NIT) Calicut invites application for admissions to M. Tech.(Sponsored) and M. Plan. (Sponsored & Self-Sponsored) Program for the academic session commencing from July 2021
Application for the same can be submitted online till May 15, 2021. Check out for more details on NIT Calicut M. Tech. & M. Plan. Admission 2021 from the page below.
M.Tech./M.Plan. Program Offered
- 1. Architecture and Planning
- 2. Civil Engineering
- 3. Chemical Engineering
- 4. Computer Science & Engineering
- 5. Electrical Engineering
- 6. Electronics & Communication Engineering
- 7. Mechanical Engineering
- 8. School of Materials Science and Engineering
NIT Calicut M. Tech. & M. Plan. Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Availability of Online Application in Institute website: 10th April to 15th May 2021
- Last Date for Receipt of Completed Applications (By email): 15th May 2021
- Test and/or Interview Date: To be announced later
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Calicut M. Tech. & M. Plan. Admission 2021
- The maximum age for admission to M.Tech./M.Plan.program is 50 years old.
- Candidates for admission to M. Tech./M.Plan degree programme at NIT Calicut should have passed B.E./B.Tech/ B.Arch. / B.Plan. in an appropriate branch from an approved Institute/University with minimum 60% marks (or CGPA 6.5/10) in aggregate of all semesters/years and for SC/ST/PWD candidates 55% marks (or CGPA 6.0/10) in aggregate of all semesters/years. Holders of AMIE (approved by AICTE) / other nationally approved programmes equivalent to B.Tech / B.E., in an appropriate area of study, may also be considered eligible.
- Candidates under lateral entry should have passed the three-year diploma in engineering with minimum 60% (or CGPA 6.5/10) marks and for SC/ST/PWD minimum 55% marks (or CGPA 6.0/10).
- A maximum of 5 seats in each M.Tech. programme and a maximum of 3 seats in the M Plan program are available for candidates under the sponsored category. Sponsored candidates should have a minimum experience of two years at the time of applying for the programme and must be sponsored by their employers.
Eligibility for admission to M.Plan. Program – Self Sponsored Seats
- A maximum of 2 seats are available for admission in the M Plan Program for candidates under Self Sponsored Category. These seats are available to only those candidates with Masters’ Degree (M.A./M.Sc) in Geography/Sociology/Economics.
- These candidates shall be required to have passed the two-year regular full-time M.A./M.Sc. Degree in Geography/Sociology/Economics with a minimum 60% marks (CGPA 6.5/10) in aggregate of all semesters/years in the qualifying examination and for SC/ST/PWD candidates minimum 55% marks (CGPA 6/10) in aggregate of all semesters/years.
- The candidates should have a valid UGC NET Score with/without JRF.
NIT Calicut M. Tech. & M. Plan. Admission 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online through official website http://www.dss.nitc.ac.in/MtechApp/login.aspx
- In order to start filling-in the online application form, register with your e-mail id and mobile number for creating a login in the online portal.
- Before you login for filling the application form, pay the application fee online and get an online fee payment receipt.
- After successful completion of the fee payment, save the fee payment receipt for uploading in the application form.
- On submitting the online application, you will be directed to upload a recent Photograph (Maximum of 120 kB) of the candidate.
- For Open/OBC/EWS candidates – Rs. 600/-
- For SC/ST/PWD candidates – Rs. 300/-
- Mode of Payment – Payment can be made using Net Banking/Credit Card/SBI Challan (by cash) through State Bank Collect (online)
- The admission to M.Tech. Programmes as well as M.Plan. Programmes under Sponsored/Self-Financed category under Sponsored category will be based on written test and/or Interview by the respective Department/School.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website