NISER Bhubaneswar announces Admission to Integrated M.Sc-PhD Program for Session 2023
NISER Bhubaneswar Integrated MSc-PhD Admission 2023 – Online applications are invited from Indian citizens for admission to Integrated MScPh.D program scheduled to commence from August, 2023 in the following schools of NISER, Bhubaneswar.
NISER Bhubaneswar Integrated MSc-PhD Admission 2023
PhD Program in the following schools:
- School of Biological Sciences (SBS)
- School of Chemical Sciences (SCS)
- School of Mathematical Sciences (SMS)
- School of Physical Sciences (SPS)
- Online application portal will be activated on – 10th April, 2023
- Last date for filling up online application – 30th April, 2023
- Short-listed candidates list will be uploaded on NISER website: 5th – 16th May, 2023
- School of Mathematical Sciences (for students qualified in NBHM MSc/PhD written test 2023 ONLY)
- Online Application portal will re-open on – 20th May, 2023
- Last date for filling up online application – 28th May, 2023
- Short-listed candidates list will be uploaded on NISER website: 31st May, 2023
Tentative dates for test/interview will be as follows
- School of Biological Sciences : 25th -26th May, 2023 2
- School of Chemical Sciences : 22nd – 24th June 2023
- School of Mathematical Sciences (Phase 1) : 14th – 16th June, 2023.
- School of Mathematical Sciences (Phase 2) : 10th -12th July, 2023 (Phase 2 – for NBHM candidates only)
- School of Physical Sciences : 01st – 02nd June, 2023
- Biological Sciences: A bachelor’s degree in any branch of Biology/Life Sciences or any equivalent professional degree such as B.Pharm / B.V.Sc / B.Sc (Ag) / M.B.B.S / B.E. / B.Tech., from a university recognized by UGC with minimum 60% marks aggregate or 6.0 CGPA.
- Chemical Sciences: A bachelor’s degree in Chemical Sciences or an equivalent degree with Chemistry as one of the main subjects from a University recognised by UGC with minimum 60% marks aggregate or 6.0 CGPA.
- Mathematical Sciences: A bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree from a University recognized by UGC with minimum 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent GPA.
- Physical Sciences: A bachelor’s degree in Physical Sciences or an equivalent degree with Physics as one of the major subjects or B.E/B.Tech from a University recognized by UGC with minimum 60% marks in aggregate or its equivalent GPA.
- # Candidates who are appearing in their Final Examination for Bachelor’s Degree can also apply, provided they submit an undertaking that they will submit the Qualifying degree certificates by the time of the Interview
- The application form has to be filled up online at http://www.niser.ac.in and candidates should follow stepwise instructions mentioned to complete the application submission process.
- At the time of application, along with this online form, the candidate should upload soft copy of the supporting documents as per the eligibility criteria
- The selection committee of the respective schools will short-list the candidates among those who meet the above mentioned eligibility criteria.
- The short-listed candidates will be called for a test followed by an interview. Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the selection process, the selection committee of the school will recommend candidates to the Chairman, Academic Council for admission to the Integrated MSc-Ph.D. program.
- All candidates called for the Test / Interview will be paid to and fro single, second-sleeper class railway fare by the shortest route from their place of residence to the Institute. They have to produce evidence (railway ticket) along with a copy of their call letter and bank details in support of their claim.
- Candidates with GPA in qualifying degree may need to produce the conversion note (in case it is not mentioned in their mark sheet) from their institution towards calculation of percentage.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website