National Institute of Siddha Chennai announces Admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program 2023, Apply now
NIS Chennai PhD Admission 2023 – National Institute of Siddha (NIS) Chennai has invited applications for admission to Full Time Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program for the academic year 2023. The National Institute of Siddha, a premier Institute offering UG, PG and PhD Programs in the Siddha System of Medicine, is situated at Tambaram Sanatorium, Chennai, is an autonomous Institute under the Ministry of Ayush, Government of India. It is the only National Institute, which caters to higher studies and research in the Siddha System. Siddha system is one of the oldest systems of medicine in India. Check out the post below for more details such as eligibility criteria, application process, fees, etc. for NIS Chennai PhD Admission 2023.
- This Institute has been recognized by the T.N Dr. M.G.R Medical University as a center to conduct Full Time & Part Time PhD programs in Eight Departments. The Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India has sanctioned 16 seats to this Institute in the following departments, to conduct Full-Time Ph. D programme:
- Kuzhandai Maruthuvam
- Noi Naadal
- Nanju Maruthuvam
- Pura Maruthuvam
- Varmam Maruthuvam
- SiddharYogam Maruthuvam
- Downloading application form from the website: 18.10.2023
- The last date for downloading the application form: 17.11.2023
- Last date for receipt of the filled-in application: 17.11.2023
- Date of written examination: 15.12.2023
- Candidates seeking admission to the course of study leading to the award of Doctor of Philosophy should have obtained a Postgraduate Degree in Siddha, in the concerned subject under Indian Medicine Central Council Act,1970.
- No Age limit
- The Application should be downloaded from the NIS Website: www.nischennai.org.
- Filled in application form along with Demand draft of Rs.2,000/- (Rupees two thousand only) for OBC and UR, Rs.1500/- (Rupees one thousand five hundred only) for SC /ST as cost for application should be submitted by Registered post / Speed Post /in Person. Demand Draft should be drawn in favor of The Director, National Institute of Siddha payable at Chennai.
- Cost of the application form once remitted will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Inadequately filled / incomplete applications will be summarily rejected.
- Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of merit based on a written examination with minimum qualifying marks of 55% for General and OBC candidates and 50% marks for SC/ST candidates, followed by interview by the Selection Committee, consisting of Director, Dean, Guide and a Senior faculty in the concerned specialty.
- The Question Paper will consist of 100 MCQ Questions from the following subjects:
- Concerned PG subjects : 40 marks
- Research Methodology and Biostatistics: 40 marks
- Fundamentals including Siddha Maruthuva Addippadai Thathuvangalum varalarum, Uyir vedhiyal, udal koorugal, udal thathuvam, nunn uyiriyal : 20 Marks
- One mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative marking also will be there.
- 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer or if more than one answer has been selected. Zero marks will be given for unattended questions.
For more details and apply, please visit the official website