NIMS Hyderabad M.Sc Program in Genetic Counselling 2019
NIM Hyderabad M.Sc in Genetic Counselling Admission 2019 – Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences invites applications for admission into Master in Science Program in Genetic counselling for the year 2019.
See: MSc Admission
Important Dates for NIM Hyderabad M.Sc in Genetic Counselling Admission 2019
- Availability of online application on website: 29th May 2019
- Last date for submission of online application: 15th June 2019 (5.00pm)
- Last date for submission of hard copy of online application along with all the documents prescribed at annexure-I: 17th June 2019 (5.00pm)
- Issue of Hall Tickets for eligible candidates through e-mail/Login Account: 24th June 2019
- Date of entrance examination: 27th June 2019
- Display of provisional results of entrance examination: 27th June 2019
- Date of oral assessment/ Interview for qualified candidates (candidates should report with complete printed bio-data): 28th June 2019 (10.00 am)
- Deadline for manual re-evaluation of OMR answer sheet: 28th June 2019 (4.00 pm)
- Display of results, merit list and list of candidates selected provisionally for admission: 05th July 2019
- Date of admission, payment of fee and submission of original certificates and bond: will be notified later
- Commencement of classes: 19th July 2019
- Closure of admissions: 18th Sep. 2019
Duration of course: 2 years (Full time)
No. of seats: 02
Eligibility Criteria for NIM Hyderabad M.Sc in Genetic Counselling Admission 2019
- Candidates with B.Sc in Life Sciences preferably degree in Nursing or Human Genetics or Human Biology or Medical Biotechnology or Molecular Biology with aggregate percentage of 55% and above or
- MBBS degree recognized by Medical Council of India
Age: The candidates who have not completed 45 years as on 31.12.2019 are eligible to apply. The upper age limit is relaxable by 3 years in case of SC & ST candidates.
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification
- There shall be a common entrance test for 60 marks consisting of 60 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) to be answered in 60 minutes followed by oral assessment/interview for 40 marks.
- The syllabus for Entrance Test shall cover Life Sciences and Basic Genetics. It will include (but is not limited to) the following topics:
- Cell biology and division: structure and function of cell & its organelles, mitosis, meiosis etc,
- Cytogenetic: Chromosomes, basic laboratory techniques etc,
- Molecular genetics: DNA, RNA, transcription, translation, basic laboratory techniques like PCR etc,
- Research Methodology
- Population genetics: Screening for genetic diseases, Hardy Weinberg law etc,.
- Psychosocial and ethical issues in Medicine.
- Marks allotted for entrance examination and oral assessment/interview
- Entrance examination – 60 marks
- Oral assessment & Interview – 40 marks
- The entrance test shall be conducted at the venue, date and time specified by the institute
Selection Process for NIM Hyderabad M.Sc in Genetic Counselling Admission 2019
- Selection will be made based on the performance of the candidates at the entrance examination and oral assessment/interview.
See: Entrance Exam Dates
NIM Hyderabad M.Sc in Genetic Counselling Admission 2019 Application Process
- The Online Application Registration, Notification and instructions to fill the application is available at NIMS website: www.nims.edu.in. from 11.00 AM on 29/05/2019 till 5.00 PM of 15/06/2019 and last date for submission of hard copy of online application is 17/06/2019.
- NOTE: The candidates are advised to take a print out of the prospectus/ instructions to fill the application form from the NIMS website: www.nims.edu.in before proceeding to fill the online application form.
- Incomplete and hand-written application forms are liable to be rejected.
- An amount of Rs. 1100/- (Rupees one thousand one hundred only) towards application fee should be remitted through payment gateway provided using a Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by the banks in India or through Internet banking. Application fee is not refundable even if the application is summarily rejected.
See: Admission Notification and Dates
For more details visit the official website
(A University Established under the state Act) Punjagutta: Hyderabad- 500082 (Telangana State), Academic 3,2nd Floor, Old OPD block, NIMS, Phone No: 040-23489189, Website www.nims.edu.in