NIMHANS Kozhikode M.Phil. in Psychiatric Social Work & Clinical Psychology Admission 2019-20
NIMHANS Kozhikode MPhil Admission 2019 – Applications are invited for the admission to M.Phil. in Psychiatric Social Work and M.Phil. in Clinical Psychology Courses for the academic year 2019-20 conducted at Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (IMHANS), an Autonomous Institute under Govt. of Kerala Govt. Medical College Campus, Kozhikode, Kerala.
Applications are to be submitted to the Director, LBS Centre for Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
See: M.Phil Admission 2019
- The general rules and regulations of the Indian Nursing Council (INC) and State Nursing Council (KNMC) will be applicable to Post Basic Diploma in Psychiatric Nursing course. The important rules and regulations relevant to the course are mentioned below
Duration of Courses
- Full time courses that extends to two academic years. Syllabus will be as prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council.
No of Seats
- 8 seats per year [Total number of seats = 10 out of these 05 seats will be reserved for employees working in Government]
- For M.Phil. PSW Course – Candidates applying for M.Phil. PSW should have passed 2 years full time MA/MSW degree in Social Work from a recognized University in India, iwth Medical and Psychiatry as Specialization, securing not less than 55% marks in the aggregate of the master’s degree as a whole
- For M.Phil. Clinical Psychology – Minimum educational requirement for admission to this course will be 2 years M.A./M.Sc. degree in Psychology from a university recognized by the UGC with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate (as per RCI norms). For SC/ST category, minimum of 50% marks in aggregate is essential, as per GOI.
See: Admission Notification and Dates
- A Selection committee will conduct selection of candidates for Post Basic Diploma in Psychiatric Nursing. Selection will be based on the entrance examination held by IMHANS, Kozhikode
- Admission to the course shall be through a duly constituted selection committee. The selection based entirely on merit in the entrance examination and a personal interview.
- The break-up of marks will be divided as 75% marks for written examination and 25% marks for personal interview.
- The candidate in the final list should join the course on or before the stipulated date intimated to him/her failing which the admission will be cancelled and the opportunity will be given to the candidate next in line from the waiting list as per the merit order and reservation guidelines
- The waiting list will cease on the date of closing the admission
- Candidates who decide to quit the course after last date of closure of the admission shall have to pay the entire 2 years fee prescribed for the course in the prospectus
- Candidates will not be allowed to appear for any competitive examination after admission to the Course unless otherwise exempted by the Head of the Department of Clinical Psychology
Standard of Passing
- In order to pass a candidate should obtain at least 50% marks separately in internal assessment and external assessment examination in each of the theory and practical papers.
- The schedule of the entrance examination is provided in the section “IMPORTANT DATES”. The entrance exam will be conducted in a centralized manner by LBS Centre for Science and Technology. Other information on the entrance exam is provided below:
- There will be 75 multiple choice questions to be answered in 60 minutes
- There is a system of negative marking, with a loss of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer.
- The syllabus for the entrance examination is based on UGC-NET syllabus (Paper II and Paper III (A) (Core group) and Elective V of Paper – III (B) of UGC NET Psychology syllabus)
- In case of tie in the marks, ranking will be done based on the qualification exam mark and the age seniority of the candidate
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification
- Examination will be conducted by Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council.
- The application fee will be as follows:
- For General Candidates: Rs.1500/-
- For SC/ST Candidates: Rs.1250/-
- The application fee once remitted will not be refunded under any circumstances
- Applicable for both M.Phil. in Psychiatric Social Work and M.Phil. Clinical Psychology
- Prospectus and all annexures can also be downloaded from www.lbscentre.kerala.gov.in. However, it will not be available by post or from any other office
Submission of Application Form
- Candidate has to visit the website www.lbscentre.kerala.gov.in and under ‘VARIOUS ALLOTMENTS’ click the link “Admission to M.Phil Courses 2019”
Step 1: Registration
- Candidate should click the button “NEW CANDIDATE”. The personal details of the candidates have to be filled in the page thus obtained. All the basic information required in the application are to be filled in at this step. Before filling the details, read the Prospectus carefully
- The data provided here will be used for processing the application. Any mistake in filling this sheet or providing false/incomplete/wrong information will affect the candidate’s eligibility for admission or claim for reservation under any category
Step 2: Fee Payment
- At this step, the candidate has to make the payment of application fee by way of Online Payment or by way of challan.
- Select the Mode of Payment
- The fee may be paid by credit card/debit card/Internet Banking. On successful payment of fee, a Payment Confirmation page will appear displaying the message ‘Transition Successful. ‘This page will display the Application number, Transition Id, Challan number, Date and Amount.
- When mode of payment by challan is selected, a three-part challan form (Candidate copy, office copy and Bank Copy) will appear on the screen. Candidate has to take a print out of the challan, produce the same in the bank and remit the requisite application fee at any branch of the designated bank (which will be notified later).
- Address to which completed applications is to be sent – The Director, Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Calicut Medical College, Kozhikode, Kerala-673008
- The Prospectus & Application Form will be Available in Website from August 2019
- Last Date of receipt of Applications Form: 06th September 2019
- Date of Entrance Exam & Declaration of Results (Written Exam): 12th September 2019
- Date of Counseling: 14th September 2019
- Date of Joining: 01st October 2019
- Classes commences from the same date
- Closing of Admission: As per KNMC norms