National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management (NIFTEM) announces Admission to PhD Program 2021
NIFTEM PhD Admission 2021 – National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management (NIFTEM) Sonepat invites applications from eligible candidates for admission to full time and part time PhD Program offered in various disciplines for the academic session 2021-22.
Candidates can check details such as eligibility criteria, application process, selection, fee and more for NIFTEM PhD Admission 2021 from the page below.
PhD Program offered
- NIFTEM offers PhD Programs in the following departments and areas.
- Agriculture and Environmental Sciences
- Food Business Mgt. & Entrepreneurship Development
- Basic and Applied Sciences
- Food Science and Technology
- Food Engineering
NIFTEM PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Submission of Online application form :- 02nd July 2021 to 08th August 2021
- Announcement of List of eligible/shortlisted candidates (fellowship holders, if any) and Announcement of List of eligible/shortlisted candidates for Research Entrance Test (RET) :- 18th August 2021
- Issue (online) of admit card/interview authorization slip :- 19th August 2021 to 23rd August 2021
- RET * (online/Offline mode) :- 25th August 2021
- Declaration of RET result :- 30th August 2021
- Interview for PhD candidates (online/Offline mode) – Department wise Exact date for each department will be notified on website :- 31st August 2021 to 03rd August 2021
- Announcement of Final Merit list for PhD candidates 14.09.2021
- Counselling for PhD* Email Intimation for Counselling will be sent to eligible candidates.
- Counselling and Fee payment (1st semester) by students :- 16th September 2021 to 23rd September 2021
- Final list of provisionally selected candidates will be declared :- 27th September 2021
Eligibility Criteria for NIFTEM PhD Admission 2021
- M. Tech. /Master Degree in a relevant discipline with at least 55% marks with a relaxation of 5% for the reserved category. Candidates can apply ONLY IN ONE DEPARTMENT.
- Agriculture & Environment Sci. (AES) : M. Tech. in Food Science/ Food Technology and Management/Food Safety and Quality Management/ Food Supply Chain Management or M. Sc. Degree in Food Science & Technology/ Life Science/ Agriculture/ Environmental and Allied area from recognized Institute/ University.
- Basic and Applied Sciences (BAS) : M. Tech. in Food Science/ Food Technology and Management/ Food Technology/Dairy and Food Technology/ Process Engineering and Management/Food Safety and Quality Management/Food Supply Chain Management from a recognized University / Institute
- Food Business Mgt. & Entrepreneurship Dev. (FBM) & ED : MBA (two years program) or equivalent from a recognized University/Institute/M Tech in Food Plant Operation Management/ PGDBM (two year program) from a recognized institute duly approved by Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to MBA.
- Food Engineering (FE) : M.Tech in Food Science/ Food Technology and Management / Food Process Engineering and Management/ Food Technology/ Food Process Engineering/ Food Engineering / Dairy Engineering/ Dairy Technology /Agriculture and Food Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Automation & Robotics engineering / Chemical Engineering / Biochemical Engineering.
- Food Science and Technology (FST) : M.Tech. Food Science / Food Technology and Management / Food Safety and Quality Management / Food Supply Chain Management/ Food Technology / Food Process Engineering / Food Process Engineering and Management/ Food Engineering / Dairy Engineering / Dairy Technology / Agriculture Process Engineering OR M.Sc. in Animal Product Technology/ LiveStock Product Technology are also eligible for admission. Such candidates may be required to go deficiency courses as per requirement.
NIFTEM PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Application forms for admission into PhD Program of NIFTEM are to be filled online (www.niftem.ac.in) only.
- Applicants should not send the printed copy of application form to NIFTEM.
- Admission brochures/guidelines are available on the website.
- Candidates who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC- CSIR NET (including JRF)/ICAR-NET (including JRF/SRF)/Other JRF holding candidates (barring DST-Inspire) shall be exempted from Research Entrance Test (RET). Other candidates (opting for part time) will have to appear for RET.
- An Entrance Test shall be qualifying with qualifying marks as 50%. A relaxation of 5% of marks (from 50% to 45%) shall be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy layers)/Differently-abled category in the entrance examination conducted by the Universities.
- JRF/SRF candidates already working in the externally funded projects of the NIFTEM can be enrolled as Ph.D. students provided they qualify RET and interview. Such candidates will get fellowship/JRF from the project till the end of the project. After the project is finished, such candidates will get NIFTEM Ph.D. fellowship, provided he/she has secured NIFTEM Ph.D. fellowship at the time of admission 2021 as well as it will be as per NIFTEM Ph.D. regulations.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website