National Institute of Biomedical Genomics announces Admission to PhD Program 2021
NIBMG PhD Admission 2021 – National Institute of Biomedical Genomics (NIBMG), Kalyani, invites applications for admission to PhD Programme for the academic session 2021-22.
Interested candidates can submit their application through online mode till June 18, 2021. Read further for more details on NIBMG PhD Admission 2021.
- The broad areas of research on which students are expected to work are listed below:
- Biomedical Genomics and the functional implications in the context of Infectious disease; Chronic disease and Cancer.
- Computational Biology and Statistical Genomics
NIBMG PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Application Process :- Ongoing
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application Form :- 18th June 2021
Eligibility Criteria for NIBMG PhD Admission 2021
- Admissions to NIBMG are based on two categories as follows:
- Master’s degree in any discipline of Biological Sciences (Genetics, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Zoology, Botany, Physiology, Biophysics or related disciplines).
- Candidates in the general category must have secured at least 55% aggregate in Master’s degree. This will be relaxed for reserved categories as they are only required to successfully complete Master’s degree
- An applicant must have qualified in the junior research fellowship conducted by UGC, CSIR, ICMR, DBT (Category I only), NBHM, BINC, and must have a valid award letter of Research Fellowship at the time of interview.
- DST-INSPIRE students with a provisional certificate from DST are also eligible to apply. Candidates who have qualified for Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship or any other fellowship for the reserved categories are encouraged to apply.
- Should have an MBBS or B.Tech (Biotechnology) with at least 55% marks along with a valid junior research fellowship from UGC, CSIR, ICMR, DBT (category I only).
- Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrable research training in the form of summer training or short-term courses in established research laboratories in preparation for a research career in biomedical sciences
NIBMG PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Candidates can apply online only through the official website https://apply.nibmg.ac.in/ (no other form of application will be accepted).
- Please indicate online whether you belong to a reserved category or the general category. Online application will be accepted until 5 PM on 18th June, 2021.
- The candidates desirous to seek admission are required to apply online. Only those applicants, who apply online before the last date and satisfy the eligibility criteria, will be considered for admission.
- Before filling the application form read the instructions carefully and follow them strictly. Visit the University website for online submission of application forms.
- Short-listed candidates will be interviewed online for final selection in July, 2021.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website