National Institute of Biomedical Genomics Kalyani, West Bengal announces PhD Admission 2019
NIBMG PhD Admission 2019 -National Institute of Biomedical Genomics (NIBMG), Kalyani, invites applications from suitable candidates to pursue doctoral research at NIBMG for the academic session 2019
- NIBMG is equipped with state of the art technologies which include NGS platforms, genetic engineering including CRISPR-Cas DNA editing laboratories, FACS (cell sorter), low and high resolution imaging facility, upcoming zebrafish, small animal and proteomics facilities, Multiplex Elisa/ ALPHA-LISA, multimode plate reader facilities, etc.
Also See : Phd Admission
Important Date for NIBMG PhD Admission 2019
- Last date Online Application Form: 30th May 2019
- Interview will be on: 28th June 2019
- 15% of the seats are reserved for the SC category, 7.5% for the ST category and 27% for non-creamy layer OBC category. certificates from relevant authorities are to be provided as proof, before the interview.
Also See : Admission Notification
Eligibility Criteria for NIBMG PhD Admission 2019
- Master’s degree in any discipline of Biological Sciences (Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Zoology, Botany, Physiology, Biophysics or related disciplines).
- Candidates in general category must have secured at least 55% aggregate in Master’s degree. This will be relaxed for reserved categories as they are only required to successfully complete Master’s degree.
- An applicant must have qualified in the junior research fellowship conducted by UGC, CSIR, ICMR, DBT (Category I only), NBHM, BINC, and must have a valid award letter of Research Fellowship at the time of interview. DST-INSPIRE students with a provisional certificate from DST are also eligible to apply. Candidates who have qualified for Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship or any other fellowship for the reserved categories are encouraged to apply.
- Should have an MBBS or B. Tech (Biotechnology) with at least 55% marks along with a valid junior research fellowship from UGC, CSIR, ICMR, DBT (Category I only).
- Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrable research training in the form of summer training or short-term courses in established research laboratories in preparation for a research career in biomedical sciences. This condition is not applicable to individuals belonging to reserved categories.
NIBMG PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Candidate can apply online official website http://apply.nibmg.ac.in
- Please indicate online whether you belong to a reserved category or the general category.
- Online application will be accepted until 5 PM of 30th of May, 2019.
- Short-listed candidates will be called for a formal interview to make the final selection.
NIBMG, KalyaniNational Institute of Biomedical Genomics, Kalyani- 741251, West Bengal, Tel: +91-33-29772151, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, website www.nibmg.ac.in