Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti released Notification for Admission of Students in class XI for Session 2022-23
Navodaya Vidyalaya Class 11 Admission 2022 – Online applications are invited from eligible students for admission to Class XI against the vacant seats likely to be available in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs) during the academic year 2022-23
Admission will be made on the basis of performance of students in Class X Board Exams (CBSE / State Education/other recognized Board). The deadline for submitting an online application is August 18, 2022.
Navodaya Vidyalaya Class 11 Admission 2022
- The deadline for submitting an online application is August 18, 2022
- Date of Birth of the candidate is to be between 1st June 2005 to 31st May 2007 (both days inclusive). This is applicable to all categories of candidates including those who belong to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
- The candidate must have passed Class X from a recognized school (affiliated to CBSE or any other State Education / other recognized Board) of the State where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is located during the academic session 2021-22.
- The existing vacant seats in the SC/ST category as notified are reserved for the SC/ST Students
- The candidate can fill the online application form directly on NVS website www.navodaya.gov.in.
- While education in the schools is free including board & lodging, uniform and textbooks, a sum of Rs. 600/- per month is collected only from the students of Classes IX to XII towards Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi.
- However, students belonging to SC/ST categories, all Girl students and the students whose family income is below poverty line (BPL) are exempted.
- In respect of wards of Government employees other than exempted category (Students of classes VI to VIII, all SC/ST & Girl students and wards of BPL families) Vikas Nidhi will be charged @Rs.1500/- per month or actual children education allowance received by the parent per month whichever is less.
- However, VVN shall not be less than Rs.600/- per student per month. The last date to apply is 18th August, 2022
- Admission of students will be made against available vacancies in Class-XI on the basis of marks secured by students in Class-X Board Exam during academic session 2021-22.
- The vacant seats in SC/ST category are reserved for SC/ST candidates.
- Selection of students will be done as per following steps:
- District wise merit list will be prepared and students will be selected against the vacancies.
- After selecting students against the vacancies in the JNV of the district, a common merit list will be prepared at State level. After step a) the vacancies exist in any of the JNV of the same State will be filled from the State level merit list by considering the option exercised by the candidate.
- After selection by step a) & b), if the selected candidate does not join even after making all efforts, vacant seats will be filled only from State level merit list.
- Wherever grades are allotted to candidates by the State Board, NVS will collect marks from the State Board concerned for drawing merit lists.
- The selected students will be informed by the Principal of the concerned JNV by SMS/Speed post.
- Newly admitted students have to undergo medical check-up by the Vidyalaya Doctor. Students suffering from infectious disease/serious ailments shall not be admitted.
- Ten days orientation programme will be arranged for newly admitted students to bridge the learning gaps and to adapt them for a new environment.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website