Nava Nalanda Mahavihara (NNM) Nalanda announces Admission to PhD Program through Entrance Exam 2019
Nava Nalanda Mahavihara PhD Admission 2019 – Online Applications are invited by the Nava Nalanda Mahavihara (NNM) from all eligible candidates for admission to Ph.D. programme in the University Departments of Nava Nalanda Mahavihara (Deemed to be University) for the academic year 2019.
See: PHD Admission 2019
- Commencement of filling online Applications: 17th September 2019
- Last date of filling online Applications: 10th October 2019
- Date of Ph.D. Entrance Examination: 24th October 2019
- Publication of Result on the University Website: 31st October 2019
- Interview/Oral Presentation: 07th & 08th November 2019
- Online Admit Card should be downloaded by the candidates 5 days before the exam
- Duration & Timing of Entrance Exam: 4 Hours, 10.00 am to 03.00 pm
- Entrance Exam will be conducted at the Acharya Nagarjuna Faculty Building, NNM, Nalanda
- Candidates having a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an Authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed for those belonging to reserved categories/DifferentlyAbled and other categories of candidates as per policies of the Government of India prescribed from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
- The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- Standard of Passing: General Category: 50% marks
- Reserved Category: 45% marks
Exemption from appearing in Entrance Examination
- Candidates qualified in UGC-NET (Including JRF) and SLET (valid score) or teacher fellowship holders will be exempted from the Entrance Test for Ph.D. programme
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification
Entrance Exam Pattern
- Candidate shall be admitted to Ph.D. programme by a two stage process through:
- Entrance Examination, which shall be a qualifying test. The Entrance Examination will be of 150 marks with multiple choice type questions
- Personal Interview of candidates qualifying in Entrance Test/ Candidates exempted from Entrance Examination, to be conducted as per procedure.
- Note: Only those candidates would be called for personal interview who would either qualify Research Entrance Test exam-2019 or those who are under Exempted category.
- Written Exam (Research Methodology)
- Marks – 50
- Syllabus – The question paper will comprise of 50 (fifty) multiple choice questions on research Methodology carrying one mark each.
- Duration – 1 hour [10:00 AM to 11:00 AM]
- Written Exam (Subject Specific)
- Marks – 100
- Syllabus – 10 (Ten) out of 20 (twenty) questions are to be answered. Questions will be based on the prescribed syllabus for Ph.D. – 2019. Each question will carry 10 marks.
- Duration – 3 hours [12:00 Noon to 03:00 PM]
- Interview/Oral Presentation
- Marks – 50
- Syllabus – Candidates are required to discuss their research interest area before duly constituted Departmental Research Committee (DRC) in their respective Departments
- Duration – 1 hr [10:30 AM to 01:00 PM, 7th & 08th November 2019]
- Total Marks – 200
- All questions shall be with multiple choices, each correct answer carries 1 Mark. No negative marking system.
- Research Entrance Test Form Charge: Rs.1000/- One Time
- Registration Fee: Rs.1500/- One Time
- Development Fee: Rs.500/- One Time
- Enrolment Fee: Rs.200/- One Time
- Library fee (4 years): Rs.400/- One Time
- Library Caution Money fee: Rs. 1000/- Refundable
- Identity Card Fee: Rs.100/- One Time
- Thesis submission Charge: Rs.4000/- One Time
- Foreigner Students Fee: $ 200/- One Time
- Hostel Form Charge: Rs.100/- One Time
- Hostel Fee: Rs. 3540/- Yearly
- Hostel Caution Money: Rs. 1000/- Refundable
- Course Work Fee: Rs.: 1800/- One Time
Mode of Payment
- Payment method using online payment – Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking
- Application is available online on the Mahavihara website: www.nnm.ac.in/ www.nnmnalanda.online/student/index.aspx
- Candidate shall upload following documents along with Online Application:
- a) Scanned copy of Matric Certificate.
- b) Scanned copy of Marks Statement of Master’s Degree.
- c) Scanned copy of the Caste Certificate in case of Reserved Category Candidates (if applicable).
- d) Scanned copy of the Non – Creamy layer Certificate in case of OBC and EWS candidates.
- e) Scanned copy of the Medical Certificate issued by Civil Surgeon in case of Persons with Disabilities (P.H.) candidates (if applicable).
- f) Scanned copy of certificates in case of candidates exempted as per University
- g) Scanned copy of a note on your area of Research Interests (Max. 200 words).
- Online registration process will be treated as completed only after the required certificates and application are uploaded on http://www.nnmnalanda.online/Student/Index.aspx on or before 10th October 2019.
NNM University, Nalanda
- Nava Nalanda Mahavihara, Nalanda (Deemed University), Ministry of Culture, Government of India, Nalanda–803111, Bihar, Phone No.- 06112-281672, +91- 9905471498, Website www.nnm.ac.in